Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: primers

Boolit Buddy

primers

to use mag primers or not use mag primers or just use standard primers i can get a but load of mag primers but if there to hot i guess i don't need them i had to ask guys
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master
    The Topic of mag primers alway Bring up It's Ugly head. i started Loading appox 1966 Only used standard primers. Mag primers I believe did not exist. I have never Placed 1 mag primer in any of my machine. Never felt the need. I load 7mm Rem mag , 30,35 newton 577 nitro, and countless others.
    I have heard all the pro's and con. From absolutely , There the only one's you can use. All my loading Over the past 45 years I was always satisfied. I don't advise people to use or do not use. if you need to spend the extra cash . then you can. . some people convince themselves they need it. other make the practical decision. I have been using the same powder and Bullets over the years .nothing has changed
    Hope this helps Your decision
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    All depends on the load-
    Near max w/std primer and then switch to mag is not a good idea.
    Won't know for sure till the summer heat also.
    LG
    Hav'n you along-Is like lose'n 2 good men

Recently got a great deal on a large quantity of magnum small pistol primers. Since I seldom to never load max loads in anything it hasn't been a problem for me.
    Almost all the loads I run through my revolver are 38 special and the gun is a 357 magnum. Magnum primers pose no problem for me there.
    In my 9mm I was a bit more concerned, but since I load a long way from max my concern was for accuracy. As it turned out it made no detectable difference. I shot both primers one magazine after the other with no felt differences and the groups stayed the same size.
    In my 40 S&W it actually improved my groups a bit.
    Go figure.

Boolit Buddy
    well i got them all 12000 of them the guy got to old to do it so i give face value marked on the box of $11.oo per box of 1000 we have been friend for years trade dies when he needed them loaded a lot for him as he has for me.i shoot 9mm 45acp 357 and 40so i will just go down and work back up and thanks for the help i hope i can help some one some day
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Boolit Master
    I found that in .45 ACP light loads with small primers the WSPM gave more consistent ES and higher velocity than the WSP, but again these were starting loads with 155gr to 185 gr boolits.

Boolit Master

I have used 15,000 mag pistol primers in the 45 acp ! the load was worked up using them and was less than a max load with excellent results !
    Why you say ? because i bought 25,000 LPM primers and the price was to good to pass up ! and i did not need that many LPM primers for only the 44mag .
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 11-17-2014 at 09:41 AM.