Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any interest in a Re-Run of MP 9mm 147 BB ?

Boolit Grand Master

If you want this w/in two years NOE is the way to go. No disrespect to Miha but his buys take well over a year.

Boolit Grand Master

Any interest in a Re-Run of MP 9mm 147 BB ?

Double post for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by DR Owl Creek View Post
    DKF,

You shouldn't have to buy a custom mold and then modify it.
    It is not a big deal to me. I have been buying gas check molds and then boring out the gas check area on a cavity or two so I have GC and PB. Did it on a couple of my MP molds too.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    It does not really matter to me if the bullet has the big boattail as I could just bore it out. Though with traditional lube in 9mm with that big boattail on it I would suspect it will lead easier. More of a candidate for hitek or PC. Honestly there are tons of molds out there that cater to 9mm that are useless for .357sig. I realize 9mm is very popular but this bullet could be used in .357sig, .38super .38/.357 and I am sure several others.
    Why this orginal 9 mm bullet is not suitible for .357 SIG?

Quote Originally Posted by Balta View Post
    Why this orginal 9 mm bullet is not suitible for .357 SIG?
    The nose is way to long on the bullet in post 1 for .357sig. There will be little to no neck tension holding the bullet in place even when seat to max COAL.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    If you want this w/in two years NOE is the way to go. No disrespect to Miha but his buys take well over a year.
    I sent Miha an email roughly 2 weeks ago to order the 359-147BB 6 cavity mold. It arrived yesterday and it is a thing of beauty. I suggest you each do the same if you want one.

Boolit Master
    I really don't care if the mold is aluminum or brass. This would just be another 9mm mould for me, as long as I can have a HP version of it. I only have one MiHec mould so far, and I think the workmanship and quality are great. My second MiHec mould will probably be on it's way to me soon. I'll definitely be getting more as they become available.

Having said that, I really like the idea of the Hornady XTP clone too, even though I don't have a 357 SIG and probably never will. For me, this one would be for use only in 9mm.

I contacted Al (Swede) Nelson at NOE about running one of those XTP designs with both a plain base and a bevel base within the same group buy, so that it would work in both 9mm and 357 SIG. Al responded saying that he would be happy to do it, and that he could "as long as the bevel base design was longer/heavier than the plain base design". It would only take 10 people to sign on to a group buy for that to "git-r-done", and we would all get a 15% discount from the regular catalog price too. I'm not trying to take anything away from Miha, but if anyone is interested in getting a Hornady XTP HP clone any time soon, here's the chance.

I'm leaving this up to you guys at this point. If anyone wants to start a group buy for it at NOE, I'll jump in too.

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123