MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: What ever happened

Boolit Master

What ever happened

Just finished up a batch of noodles for chicken and noodles this evening. Made a great mess of cinnamon rolls last week. Bread the week before. All recipes from this site and as far as I am concerned , the best there is out there. Want to try Junior 1942"s cat head biscuits next week.
    Seems like a year or so ago there was a movement afoot to collect a bunch of these recipes and put them together in some kind of book form.
    Did I just miss it or did it happen ?????????????
    Facta non verba

Moderator Emeritus

I have the software to do it... time is the issue. With fighting non stop neck pain my days are pretty much about taking care of house work and making a meal once a day.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    MaryB

101 Airborn was the one that was trying to get the book together.

IIRC it was going to cost way more than he imagined and then his dad took ill and he left here to take over management of dads ranch.

I sent him several OLD cook books from Ogema Wi and other locations.

Many of the recipes were over 100 years old

Yes there were several hundred pages there alone.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

It would certainly be a labor of love and most likely an exercise in futility. As much as I enjoy using an old-fashioned recipe book in my kitchen I just don't see much future for cookbooks. I'm building a looseleaf cookbook of my own for my convenience but many recipes are printed from the 'net. The only book I use on a regular basis is a Fanny Farmer baking book....but don't tell the folks who send me cookbooks for Christmas every year. An electronic version along the lines of Fryxell's "book" may make sense and may save some expense but I honestly don't know.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I do a mix of both, from the book and off the computer recipes. It doesn't really matter to me as I quite often modify recipes to suit (unless it's a picky bread baking recipe).

When I settle on my own version I tend to write it out on a large sized index card. I don't have all that many that I solidified like that, a lot more are note pad recipes jammed in my cook books.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I have the software to do it... time is the issue. With fighting non stop neck pain my days are pretty much about taking care of house work and making a meal once a day.
    All the best MaryB. I have pain and lack of flex in my replacement knee, and it aches. Pain, is very fatiguing.
    It really wears me out. Especially being on my feet all day.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Moderator Emeritus

I would publish it as a pdf and not in print, just very time consuming.

In Remembrance
    We have some very good friends, she is a preacher and also collects cookbooks, she is also a great cook. I found a brothel cookbook, put together by working girls in nevada and gave it to her for christmas. lol