Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: just some more mad alchemy.

Boolit Master

just some more mad alchemy.

I've been reading a bit on stainless tumbling for getting your brass nice and shiny like treasure. I don't have a tumbler that will handle those pins so I tried something else. Step one, on a waning moon wave your tumbler high above your head and do the ancient cleaning dance. The steps don't seem to be well documented but the smart fellows here surely know it of a least of it. Step two. Take tumbler back inside where its warm and there is electrical power cause you need that. Step Three place about half of the volume you would normally use of your favorite media, then add dirty brass which can also be held aloft and danced with as in step one but not needed.step four, add two dryer sheets, a great trick I learned here to collect the media fairy dust and the super secret ingredient is then added. It 2 or 3 or 3 and 2/3 cups of used .22 long rifle cases, shorts could also work but preceded with caution cause I once tried .22 wrm and it didn't work so well then add a liberal dash of your favorite liquid car polish and this is where you will use the afore mentioned electric power. Turn the purified tumbler on and let agitate for 1 hour to one day and shazam you should have jewelry quality clean brass. It has been brought to my attention that this recipe might work with out the moon and holding aloft and dancing but I'm not brave enough to risk it at this point. I'm still warding off bad ju ju from selling a H&R sliver sportsman 9 shot top break revolver to fund another attempt at reserecting an anciant lost art, accurizing and sporterizing a nagant without the cost running over what a new model 700 Remington would cost.

Boolit Master
    Do I need to get a special whistle or flute to play while ju ju dancing?
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Instruments optional, may add or detract from end result but worth a try.

Boolit Master

Dadburn it nagantguy, that made my head hurt trying to read it.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Don't forget to throw in a coffee can full of Loob grooves to speed things up, you can read about their benefit at

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ooves-for-sale

rl 1,203
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Grand Master
    Great idea, except for the fact that 22 casings are rarer than honest politicians. Seriously, last thursday at the range I did not
    see a single one--now if this would work with 9mm casings, I'd be set.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I have it on good authority that adding loob grooves doubles the amount of time you have to dance under a waning moon except if you are wearing bunny slippers while dancing.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

You must like cleaning primer pockets by hand

Boolit Master

Tried the bunny slippers, no improvement I cleaning and I got laughed at and attacked by the neighbors dog. But all jokes azide the .22 brass does really shine em up especially the insides of large cases is .44 and .444.