Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Master

awesome i've been looking for something to do with my bottles of alox
    thanks can't wait to try this

Ben,

i was was admiring your trim 7x57 sporter and wishing my M70 7x57 shot half that good and didn't notice your front rest until someone else mentioned it. Well great minds.......or maybe cheap guys, here's mine, set up for handgun, but with a rear bag for rifle too. I obviously need to paint mind and get a handle or knob for the elevation screw to keep up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I can't speak for Ben, but I'll tell you I'd bet on me being cheap more so than a great mind. I like your set up for handgun. I may have to do some mods on my rest to accommodate that use, especially since my getting older eyes don't want to focus as well as they used to.

Boolit Grand Master
    Here is the link to my front rest :

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ack-Front-Rest

Just wondering do the Alox & L.WAX separate when set aside for a while.... Just noticed an earlier comment about it and haven't seen any other remarks....

If the suggested UK substitute reacted as per your experiences then this might be within my skill level to improve tumble lube experience
    May we achieve our aims....

I have seen mine settle out somewhat. I used a glass Ragu jar, so can see bottom clearly. But a single good shake puts it all back up into suspension.

Boolit Grand Master

Been sitting for 8 days.

A few seconds of shaking and it was back in solution. Even if it completely separated you're looking at a minute of shaking mix it back up.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have not noticed mine separating.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 01-01-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mine doesn't seem to part out, but I shake it anyways. Habits, I guess.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes, my Ben's Liquid Lube gets a 10 second " Swirl " before I use it .

The lube appears to have all the wax and Alox in a good homogenous suspension.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 12-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Boolit Master

Fired the 200 round .45 ACP endurance test of tumble lube only today. Still getting a feel for this stuff. With this batch, you had to look very closely at to perceive any coating. After the 200 rounds, there was significant streaking in the bore, which was grey at the muzzle, though I think it was most likely just built up lube. We didn't have any issues whacking milk jugs at 75 yards even at the end of the test. A bore snake wasn't really getting the stuff out very quickly, but 50 more rounds of Ben's Red only got rid of every trace of it.

Going to try another batch with a heavier coat - or possibly two coats - of B.L.O.O.D. on it. Hopefully thick enough to be perceptible in the lube groove will suffice.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    I had never seen that type of Johnson's wax, probably because I never thought to look. Thanks for the tip. I am almost out of my can of paste wax that I sort of make 45/45/10 with(I don't cook it). This looks even easier.
    Lowe's carries the wax,cheaper than paste wax to hope it works as good as 45/45/10, my second 1000 are,drying now,1st round is on its way to Tn.
    Thanks Ben

I was surprised to see the wax came out of the can clear,guess I was thinking it would be white, it sure helped the alox come out of the bottle
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 12-27-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Works great on sub-sonic. Pistol and reduced rifle cast bullet loads. I put two 00 buckshot in the bottle for easy agitation.

Thanks again Ben!

Boolit Buddy
    Ben,
    I have some commercial 45/45/10 on hand, as well as lee liquid alox. Would there be any benefit to using the former with the Johnsons one step, or should I just stay with the Lee liquid alox? I thought you might already tried that . Thanks for your informative posts.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    If you put too much Ben's LL on your boolits simply add a couple of 1.5" squares of paper towel or clean rag to them in your tumbling contailer while they are still wet.................and gently tumble again till the coating suits you.

Aha! benefit # 37. Instant repair of over enthusiasm.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by denul View Post
    Ben,
    I have some commercial 45/45/10 on hand, as well as lee liquid alox. Would there be any benefit to using the former with the Johnsons one step, or should I just stay with the Lee liquid alox? I thought you might already tried that . Thanks for your informative posts.
    I continue to read post where people ask....." If I change, X, Y, and Z what will this do to the lube ? "

With all honesty, I'm not a research chemist, I have no way of answering questions like this.

If you feel it is a good idea, do it.

You're very welcome, I hope Ben's Liquid Lube will be useful to you in the future.

Ben

Boolit Buddy
    Ben: You amaze me -- You have the patience of the Saints.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful find.

Boolit Grand Master
    oldcanadice

Use it and enjoy !

Ben

Boolit Master

well I guess the tackiness I feel on this third batch means I use to much???? so to fix this do I tumbler them again as they are? use a heat gun to complete the drying? maybe change the wav paper out to paper towels?
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 12-29-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

well I guess the tackiness I feel on this third batch means I use to much???? so how doI fix this? do I tumble them again as they are?
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 12-29-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: double posted ???

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast