MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    jamesp81 :
    I'm trying to find the Lundmark wax Ben came up with for his alternate formula. Locally I've found some stuff, but the bottle looks different. The label seems to indicate it's the same product, was wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I understand. The stuff I've pictured is what I'm finding locally. My question is if the stuff I posted a pic of is the same as what you posted a pic of, ie, same stuff slightly different label on the container. I'm trying to avoid having to order online if I can.

Boolit Grand Master
    Saves shipping, I understand.

Ben

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp81 View Post
    I understand. The stuff I've pictured is what I'm finding locally. My question is if the stuff I posted a pic of is the same as what you posted a pic of, ie, same stuff slightly different label on the container. I'm trying to avoid having to order online if I can.
    jamesp81: If you have a TrueValue hardware store near you. Just have them order it in, they
    may even have it in stock.
    webfoot10

Boolit Master

I ordered mine online. It took almost a week to arrive, but I had no problems.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Buddy
    How long does it take for the alternate BLL lube to dry? Would one coat be good enough for 9mm or 45 ACP handgun boolits? I assume you'd want two coats for more powerful cartridges like 357 magnum.

Boolit Master

Had some time on my hands while SWMBO shopped so I headed out to Ace Hardware. Our little town doesn't have one but the nearby small city does. I go there occasionally when I can't find what I want locally. They had one bottle of the stuff jamesp81 pictured down to the label. I'm set when I get some time(hard to do when you are retired).

I mixed up some Alox and mineral spirits the other day. The container I poured it into is full but when I get ready to mix that and the liquid wax, I'll need to put a little more solvent. I think it is slightly too thick. It is pretty thin but maybe doesn't "pour like Coca Cola". I should probably wait until I mix a small amount and "see" how it covers.

I'm doing this so I can load up some plinking ammo for Sons and Grandsons.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Ok, we all know how good BLL works in doing its job, but here’s a picture of that BLL doing its job on some factory cast and lubed .45-230 rn boolits. Holding in that blue lube like nobody’s business!! This is the original BLL, made with the unobtanium liquid wax in the yellow can!

I just thought this was a cool picture of two coats to help keep that blue stuff in place. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9638CB9B-B639-49B3-9600-CF1C2CD3FDA2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	214913
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

I hate to type this post. Embarrassing! I finally got around to looking at the Lundmark bottle that I bought at Ace Hardware. It is Lundmark Wood Floor Cleaner. "Cleans and Waxes". I'm beginning to think my wife is right. I don't pay attention to what I pick up.

Rather than return it, I went to another Ace and had them order Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax. It is liquid but not near as thin as the Cleaner. I suspect that it is the same only more solvent. When I get around to making BLL, I'm going to make a small amount with the Alox that I thinned down and suspect it needs to be thinner, the Liquid Paste Wax and enough Wood Floor Cleaner to make the whole batch a little thinner. Even if it doesn't work, I've got enough raw material to make more BLL than I'll ever use.
    John
    W.TN

This is a link to buy it on Amazon if you want it brought to your door.

https://www.amazon.com/Lundmark-Wax-...quid+paste+wax
    As Thomas Jefferson wrote, we must "prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them."

Boolit Master

I don't need it now. But, even with sales tax it was cheaper at Ace Hardware. Of course, if I had ordered it from Amazon, I wouldn't have "picked up" the wrong thing.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Red face

I've been following this thread with interest for some time. I tried to find some Johnson's Liquid Wax with no success, but a nice fellow on the forum told me about a store near his home that had several cans left, after he bought one.
    I called my daughter, who lives in the area, and she went to the store, but the manager couldn't find any. Turns out the fellow had thought about it, went back, and bought all they had!
    Fortunately, he sold me a couple of cans for what he had paid, which I thought was very nice of him! (Good people here, at Cast Boolits!)

IN the interim, I had ordered a bottle of White label 45-45-10, which (I think) is very similar to what I could make!

My first question is: If I add maybe 10% JLW to the 45-45-10 mixture, will it be of any benefit? Will it make the White Label harder/more durable/less likely to lead?

Question #2 is: I have several hundred boolets of my own manufacture, lubed with Lee Lube (in the $mall white bottle$) and some Hornady swaged SWCs, which have some sort of dry waxy lube, as well as some cast rifle boolets that are lubed with a blue material. Will it improve anything if I relube these projectiles with the 45-45-10, or Ben's magic elixir?

#3: To lube, should I put about 100 at a time inside a zip-lock bag, squirt 2-3 times with either the White Label or Ben's, stir around a little to distribute, then let them dry for a day or so?
    Thanx!

Shot the AR10 with 2x BLL today, Not too happy but the wind was pretty high for 100 yd shooting. Barrel is not leaded but the load (~2200 fps) shot pretty poor.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

So, the BLL is doing its job. It's everything else that needs changed...

I agree with Bookworm. I have no problems getting moa and better accuracy with Ben's Red or BLL at 2500 fps. in my .308.
    Even with unweighed and just visual sorted boolits it stays well under 1.5" moa. @ 110 yds.

I can do the same thing with my 35 whelen and 200 gr. boolits.
    Maybe the wind got you or the load needs tweaking up or down? Lots of things affect accuracy, but BLL has never proved to be one of them for me.

Yes, alloy failed. Wind was 20 with gusts to 30 - that didn't help. Using BLL only on slick sided boolits. It doesn't stay on with high pressure PB boolits, These were GC 50/50 H.T.d alloy and all holes on target were round so stable, just wouldn't group at all. H335 must be to fast, I'll try LeverE next - I haven't used it in 308W
    Whatever!

Boolit Man
    Just tried the BLL on 45acp 230gr Lee TL boolits behind 4grs bullseye, worked great no leading and actually gave better accuracy than plain ole alox. Thanks Ben.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OBCoal View Post
    Just tried the BLL on 45acp 230gr Lee TL boolits behind 4grs bullseye, worked great no leading and actually gave better accuracy than plain ole alox. Thanks Ben.
    That's great.
    Always good news for me !!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 04-02-2018 at 02:03 PM.

I got my 1911 45 Kimber to shoot lead free with .453 boolits lubed with Bens Red solid lube over 5.0 RD.
    I then tried one coat of BLL on my Noe 230 gr RN (non tumble lube type) and again got leading.
    So I then tried 2 coats and they shot lead free. Very easy to apply and dried well. Thanks!
    Last edited by Catpop; 04-02-2018 at 08:58 AM.

just what i'm looking for, simple that works. for the mix are you saying 60% alox & 40% johnsons liquid paste wax? thanks for sharing.
    "there is a limit to everything"
    Sigillum Militum Xpisti

Hi, The Lee Alox bottles are 4oz content & on the bottom of the bottle is The diamond shaped emblem which has a #3 in it. Does anyone know if the #3 means it will keep from drying up if I make BLL and put it back into the Lee Alox bottle? Mainly interested due to the folding (flip) spout on the bottle (it would aid in dispensing the BLL when needed).

TYIA, SharuLady

Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970 LastLast