Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox
Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    Found this through a web search:
    http://www.sears.com/lundmark-wax-lu...2&blockType=G2

Shipping was $10, so my total for 4 including shipping was $37.19. Tracking info says it will be here today.

Boolit Master
    Short

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Quote Originally Posted by KCcactus View Post
    Found this through a web search:
    http://www.sears.com/lundmark-wax-lu...2&blockType=G2

Shipping was $10, so my total for 4 including shipping was $37.19. Tracking info says it will be here today.
    Don't know if you knew this but as with most big chain stores, Sears has free shipping to your local store, just pick it up there once it comes in.

Just an FYI, Walmart has been pushing to compete with Amazon, they have added many new vendors in the last year, they are getting to the point you can buy a lot of stuff as cheap as Amazon and with the free shipping. Withing another year I bet they'll be taking a lot of sales from Amazon. Lately I've been comparing prices and buying more from Walmart then from Amazon, cheaper, free shipping and I get things quicker, plus if there is a problem with the order, I handle it right then and there at the store, no emailing the seller or Amazon and waiting days for a response to fix a problem. But Amazon will hold the market on the cheap Chinese junk that takes weeks to get here, I doubt Walmart will have any interest in having them as a vendor.
    Be careful what you wish for!

We use both Amazon and Walmart. Wife just made a big Walmart order.
    Easier than losing 1-2 hours, long walks through the store to find the scattered items you want. Dealing with Walmart people.

My little dog is a fussy eater, he is mostly living on Walmart Chicken Jerky treats. Down to 1 bag so time to reorder.

Boolit Buddy
    Free shipping to the store would have been nice, but it isn't available for this item. Even with shipping, it was less than Wally World or Ace shipped to their store.

Boolit Master
    Politer and Popper:

When doing bulk pistol bullets, are you standing each one up to dry or just letting them dry whatever way they fall coming out of the coating container?

I'm just starting out, and trying to be efficient in casting and coating a couple K per month to feed my USPSA habit.

TIA

Boolit Master

Over the past few days I put 2 coats on some lee 312-155 bullets. I gas checked them tonight and put one final thin coat on for good measure.
    Im going to test these bullets against their cousins that have hi-tek and carnauba red lube. All with gas check.
    I like my hi-tek but I'm kind of rooting for BLL on this one. If I have to put the time into gas checking I want the lube process to be as simple and easy as possible.
    Fingers crossed and test results next week hopefully.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    Over the past few days I put 2 coats on some lee 312-155 bullets. I gas checked them tonight and put one final thin coat on for good measure.
    Im going to test these bullets against their cousins that have hi-tek and carnauba red lube. All with gas check.
    I like my hi-tek but I'm kind of rooting for BLL on this one. If I have to put the time into gas checking I want the lube process to be as simple and easy as possible.
    Fingers crossed and test results next week hopefully.

I am looking forward to the results!

Thanks,

Steve in N CA

Well I never tried PC or Hitek.

BLL over Ben's Red works great, I would say BLL will cover most situations until you start pushing that 1900 2000 fps mark. Over that you might want some lube in the grooves. Or 3-4 light coats very evenly distributed.

Boolit Master

Well I cast some Lee 356-120TC tonight for us win a new Shield.
    COWW Water Dropped.
    I tumbled a little on an it was enough so I could see some color, so I dabbed at the batch with a towel once or twice and gave it another spin in the container. They look pretty good now.
    I see a poster above said he only uses one coat on 9MM. Has anyone else had luck with this? I had use 45/45/10 in the past and I found 1 coat was not enough. This will be my first 9MM with BLL.
    Can't wait to see how it works.

I've been using WD COWW because my dillon expander leaves too much neck tension and a softer alloy gets sized down during seating.
    I think I'm going to try the next small batch with 50/50 COWW and Pure and try to run my 38/357 expander to see how that works.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    Politer and Popper:

When doing bulk pistol bullets, are you standing each one up to dry or just letting them dry whatever way they fall coming out of the coating container?

I'm just starting out, and trying to be efficient in casting and coating a couple K per month to feed my USPSA habit.

TIA
    I do not stand mine up or mess with them. I put a sheet of wax paper on the ground and dump them out to dry under my ceiling fan. Just shake them around enough to keep from sticking/touching each other.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I did play with a foam block system with holes for noses. As I did not want any spill over on the bases. Noses often get wiped clean once I load them anyway. Still leaves a very very thin coat but hardly enough to see.

But i really can not tell the difference between those I put in a block nose first and those I just spilled out in a cardboard flat with a piece of printer paper on the bottom.

So that is what I do.

For me, I have had better luck with 2 or 3 thin coats vs one thicker one. Pistols always get just 2, 9mm, .45acp, 2 light coats works great.

Rifle, especially rifle over say the 1400-1500 range I prefer 3 very light coats.

Consistency is the thing. 3 lighter coats is more consistent to my way of thinking than 1 or 2 heavier coats. You want the thinnest, least amount on there that will do the job. Excess blob on one side means that bullet wobbles, and that plays heck with things.

If I am really pushing it I will lube with Ben's Red first in the grooves with a top coat of BLL. But I think that is as much about confidence as it is lube. Like holding your mouth right while adjusting tv rabbit ears. It worked once so that is what you do.

Boolit Grand Master
    You might want to make a drying rack like mine ? You can't see it in the photo , but I have a cheap fan on one end moving air.
    It really speeds up the drying process.
    ( That is 1/4 " mesh wire in the photo )

Boolit Master

This was one coat. Does it look ok? Too thick?
    I can feel it on the bullets... It's not really sticky but I can tell it's there.

Boolit Grand Master
    You'll be very surprised how well those shoot.
    If you want " double insurance " , a 2nd coat is fine also.

Ben

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    You'll be very surprised how well those shoot.
    If you want " double insurance " , a 2nd coat is fine also.

Ben

Well then per your suggestions oh great sage of lube hahaha. I'll load some tonight for a test run.

Thanks again for the recipe!

Boolit Grand Master
    Most ( earlier in their 1st attempts to use BLL ) try to apply way too much of it on a bullet.

It is amazing just what a small amount it takes to make accurate ammo that doesn't lead. ( assuming the bullet is large enough.....if the bullet is too small the bullet will lead with anyone's lube )

Ben

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Most ( earlier in their 1st attempts to use BLL ) try to apply way too much of it on a bullet.

It is amazing just what a small amount it takes to make accurate ammo that doesn't lead. ( assuming the bullet is large enough.....if the bullet is too small the bullet will lead with anyone's lube )

Ben
    I divided my bullets in half and added some more BLL to one half to test some with a second coat.
    I dipped a small plastic rod into the container and dropped about 6 drops onto the 150 or so bullets. I swirled and flipped a couples times and was worried I wouldn't have enough coating but figured I was probably underestimating the lube.
    I dumped the bullets onto parchment paper and gently laid my hand on them. They were all coated nice and even.
    Which leads me to believe the first coat was a wee bit heavy.
    I'm really hoping I have as good results with this as everyone else because it's about as easy as it gets for sure.
    Especially with the bullets dropping .357-.358 (slightly out of round) I can load them as cast.

The 300 blackout bullets I coated earlier in the week are almost bone dry now. I imagine that being in the cool cellar could slow down the drying process right?

Boolit Grand Master
    The 300 blackout bullets I coated earlier in the week are almost bone dry now. I imagine that being in the cool cellar could slow down the drying process right?

Yes, warm dry air is your friend.

Ben

Boolit Master
    Just tried this out, but it was a flop. This may be mostly me being a novice caster.

I used Rotometals Hardball alloy to eliminate alloy issues. I was dropping 147's from an Accurate mold in a no lube groove design, at about .358". The bullets were about a week post casting.

Mixed up regular Alox 7 ml plus Lundmark LPW 7 ml and 6 ml odorless mineral spirits. A nice thin brown fluid was the result. 6 to 8 drops into a plastic container with about 60 bullets. Swirled until a barely visible sheen was over the bullets. No lumps or clumps. They were not tacky or wet feeling after just half an hour, but I let them go overnight. Sized to .356" and then I recoated them. Did three small batches this way.

So I shot them through my G34's, after having cleaned the barrels well. Saw leading on barrel inspection just after the first 20 shots, mainly at the muzzle end. Shooting the rest of the batch resulted in leading into the middle third and into part of the muzzle third of the barrel.

A little work with a bit of chore boy over a bronze brush got it all out, but this isn't where I want to be. I have not slugged the bores, but 356 is the diameter of the commercial coated bullets I usually get good accuracy out of.

Comments/suggestions/observations/recommendations?

Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast