RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Master
    Just mixed up my first batch! Looks nice and easy to pour, looking forward to testing it out.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Mold
    How is the Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax doing as a replacement for the Johnson. I just started casting recently and just found this thread 2 days ago and the "Liquid Gold" is long gone from these parts!

Boolit Mold
    I've had no issues using the Lundmark and LLA. I use the same % as the Johnson...

all of my testing is with Bullseye loads in 45acp and 38 super

Anyone try pure lanolin and 91 or higher isypropal alcohol?

Great for brass lube!!

Boolit Master
    That's pretty much what's in Frankford spray case lube.

I've used BLL in all of my rifle and pistol loads since Ben first put the recipe for it out and have to say it has performed as well as his Ben's Red lube for me.
    I have become a tumble lube junkie.

I recently worked up a load with imr 4350 and my new Zastava mauser in .308 win with the 30xcb boolit @ 2447 fps. chronoed. The rifle has a 23.5" bbl. and a 1/12 twist.
    This Target was shot today at 105 yds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	180314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	180314

There is another group at the bottom of the target with another boolit at about 2600 fps., but i don't think it shows. Lol that one wound up about 5" anyway.

On the xcb boolit, the first 4 were in.996" and the 5th opened the group to 1.367" ... boolits were not weighed.
    I then moved the scope up 2" and fired 2 shots side by side in .896" for the final "sight in" for hunting season.

OK, didn't download...i'll try again.
    Still not loading, i'll try again later.

Lol i finally figured out i had the pic under video and it wouldn't download. Had to take another pic to make it work.
    Sorry for the double pic's...i hate computers sometimes.
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 11-07-2016 at 11:24 PM. Reason: forgot to add speed of the load

Question
    I used lars 45/45/10 and JLW as noted elsewhere here and I went to use some the other day and the bottle is half empty..It was full. I assume it evaporated? Any suggestions? Do I dump it all or should I add more JLW again. A bit confused on this one

For the record it was 70% 45/45/10 and 30% JLW.

Thanks all

Joe
    Last edited by lablover; 11-10-2016 at 07:54 PM.

I would probably either use straight mineral spirits or some more Johnson's.

Then I would switch it to a different bottle that won't leak so much.

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party. I went ahead and ordered two cans of Johnson's from https://www.hammerheadsupply.com/pro...ood-floor-care even though the shipping charges were blatant gouging.

So guys are now using Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax as a replacement, huh?

Ben, have you tried mixing up a batch with the Lundmark stuff, and compared it to your original formula's performance? If so, what did you think?

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered... I did read the first 10 pages of this thread, but haven't yet gotten through the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Well, as usual, I'm late to the party. I went ahead and ordered two cans of Johnson's from https://www.hammerheadsupply.com/pro...ood-floor-care even though the shipping charges were blatant gouging.

So guys are now using Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax as a replacement, huh?

Ben, have you tried mixing up a batch with the Lundmark stuff, and compared it to your original formula's performance? If so, what did you think?

I apologize if this has already been asked/answered... I did read the first 10 pages of this thread, but haven't yet gotten through the rest of it.
    Just curious, did you call or email them and ask if they could help on the shipping charges? If you haven't and the order hasn't had a chance to ship yet I would, worse they can do is say No. If you contact them, please let us know how you make out.
    Be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    Just curious, did you call or email them and ask if they could help on the shipping charges? If you haven't and the order hasn't had a chance to ship yet I would, worse they can do is say No. If you contact them, please let us know how you make out.
    I just ordered it today, so I'm waiting til normal business hours tomorrow to call them. I'm a bit hesitant to throw mud in the water regarding the order, though. I'm tempted to just bite the bullet (no horrible pun intended) and pay up, as I think two cans will last a very long time.

Honestly, I'm expecting them to either email or call me to say that it's out of stock.

Gonna search around a bit and see if I can find any posts where Ben says anything about results with the Lundmark substitute.

Phlier,

The last formula i saw from Ben on the lundmark liquid wax was
    30% lundmark liquid wax
    30% xlox
    40% solvent(mineral spirits)

He adjusted it to this formula because of the thickness of the xlox and the lundmark wax to get it to flow like the original BLL.

His original experiments with this formula sounded promising. I don't know if he's done anything further with it or not.

I've used the original BLL for the last year and have been totally satisfied with it from 600 fps. to 2500 fps. in handguns and rifles.
    2 coats for handgun and 3 coats for rifles.

I'm glad there seems to be a good substitute for the JLW in the Lundmark liquid wax, but haven't tried it yet.
    I still have 11 cans of the JLW to go through and no where near through the first can after a year of testing both the lube and different loads.

Hope this helps
    35 shooter

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Phlier,

The last formula i saw from Ben on the lundmark liquid wax was
    30% lundmark liquid wax
    30% xlox
    40% solvent(mineral spirits)

He adjusted it to this formula because of the thickness of the xlox and the lundmark wax to get it to flow like the original BLL.

His original experiments with this formula sounded promising. I don't know if he's done anything further with it or not.

I've used the original BLL for the last year and have been totally satisfied with it from 600 fps. to 2500 fps. in handguns and rifles.
    2 coats for handgun and 3 coats for rifles.

I'm glad there seems to be a good substitute for the JLW in the Lundmark liquid wax, but haven't tried it yet.
    I still have 11 cans of the JLW to go through and no where near through the first can after a year of testing both the lube and different loads.

Hope this helps
    35 shooter
    It sure does, 35 Shooter, thank you.

In the event that the Johnsons wax I ordered falls through, it's good to have Ben's recipe for the alternative.

Boolit Master

Motor Mica?

The last couple of batches of 311041 plain based bullet that I used BLL on, were dusted with motor mica. It removes all the stickyness from 3 coats of BLL. I cannot tell any difference in performance. It is also a way to speed up drying of the final coat.

Has anyone else tried Motor Mica?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Motor Mica?

The last couple of batches of 311041 plain based bullet that I used BLL on, were dusted with motor mica. It removes all the stickyness from 3 coats of BLL. I cannot tell any difference in performance. It is also a way to speed up drying of the final coat.

Has anyone else tried Motor Mica?

Here's a picture of three 38 Special TL full wad cutters, all loaded at different seating depths. I was in a rush to load these, so I dusted the BLL lubed full wad cutters in Motor Mica.

I can't see the motor mica with my naked eye, but it really shows up in the zoomed in photograph. (Might be the flash reflection or something) I tumbled a small amount of lead bird shot in BLL as well, also dusted with motor mica for use in some pistol snake-shot loads.

- Bullwolf

Bullwolf, I'm not sure which is better, your photography or reloading skills. Always look forward to seeing the pictures in your posts. Those rounds look way too beautiful to shoot. I'd use them as decor in my den.

Two things I'm hoping BLL will help with over 45/45/10

1. The smeary feeling of the lubed boolits
    2. Smoke

Hearing that you guys are using Motor-Mica to reduce the sticky/smeary feeling has me wondering about #1.

I never did receive the JLFW from Hammer Head Supply. Having to start a charge dispute with the credit card company as HHS never answers their phone, never responds to emails or voice mail. Stay away from HHS.

I was able to buy a few cans of JLFW from a member here, though, so looking forward to trying it after the holidays (please don't PM me for his name. If he has more to sell, he'll post it).
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwolf View Post
    Here's a picture of three 38 Special TL full wad cutters, all loaded at different seating depths. I was in a rush to load these, so I dusted the BLL lubed full wad cutters in Motor Mica.

I can't see the motor mica with my naked eye, but it really shows up in the zoomed in photograph. (Might be the flash reflection or something) I tumbled a small amount of lead bird shot in BLL as well, also dusted with motor mica for use in some pistol snake-shot loads.

- Bullwolf
    Bullwolf

Those are things of beauty !!!! I need to read more about this Motor Mica stuff!

I'd love to know your process with the Motor Mica as well.
    Last edited by lablover; 12-22-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Secret to the sticky smearing feeling is in my opinion just two things.

A 2% carnuba wax melted into your alox before mixing in the Johnson's. That is 2% by weight of the total batch.

B Very very thin coats, several of them. 2 for pistol boolits, 3 for rifle. And in some cases a little ben's red in the grooves followed by 2-3 coats.

The trick is to use so little that it takes 3 coats to really see a change in how the boolits look.
    They will harden quicker, with a harder shell.

But that is just my opinion and if you follow me be aware you can end up in the middle of a swamp with no clear road out of there, and poor Ben can't help you.

Nice too hear about alternatives for those that came late to the party. I have have enough of the liquid gold to last a few lifetimes.... Might as well call me the "Highlander". Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska