RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    I had already shot the 32 gr and 33 gr groups with BLL before I did the 34 gr group. Some where near the end of the 10 rounds. Maybe I should have allowed more cooling time? Bullets are sized 311 and do a lot better than309 or 310 in this rifle. And bythe way, BLL works great with the same bullet and 20grs of 4895 in my Yugo. Perfect cycling and normal SKS accuracy. It isn't a match rifle, but then it was designed for "minute of head" not MOA. And thanks for the tip on that load.

Question for you loading rifle with BLL only, seems like they seat much easier than my normal PCd boolits. My moulds are slick sided for PC, use the same M type expander for both. Sized with the same sizer. BLL coated don't turn or push in so I assume neck tension is OK. Long time since I used LLA or Recluse but IIRC they took some handle pressure to seat. Anyone notice a difference?
    Last edited by popper; 09-01-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    Whatever!

I would agree with you popper, they load easy. Been putting some .358-.360 124 gr boolits in 9mm brass, just a little flare at the top and they slip right in. I think it might liquefy some under pressure. Which might explain why it works so well.

Boolit Buddy
    I have to agree, also. They seem to seat easier than with other lubes.

Thanks guys, just wondered if I did something wrong. Got some loaded to push 1500 & check accuracy.
    edit: 11gr unique with 170PB started OK but ended up leading pretty bad. Probably 1500 or so & 40K psi. 14gr of 1680 under the same boolit (BO) did 1" square (4 shots) but first was way off to the right, 50 yds, to check function only. 185 gr sans GC did terrible, leaded that barrel too. About the same psi & fps as the 30/30.
    edit: Don't think I'll use BLL in the AR. My first rnd was mag loaded, rest of them were dropped in. Too much exposed surface to get scraped by chambering.
    BO was not bad cleaning but 30/30 was NASTY. Never seen that much lead come out of a barrel. Just too hot a load, not BLL fault.
    Last edited by popper; 09-08-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Whatever!

Have a bunch of 170 PB BLL'd that are still sticky as I used too much in a single coat. Found a bottle of Rain Dance liquid car wax (watery like JLFW ) that I was going to throw out - it's probably 20yrs old. Put a drop each on 5 boolits and rolled them around. Not tacky after 1/2 hr.
    Whatever!

I use no more than 8 to 10 very small drops of BLL for about 50 bullets (35 cal.). I roll them about 8 to 10 seconds in the bowl. By then the boolits are slick and no wet lube left in the bowl, they dry in no more than 2 hours without a fan(fan speeds things up)between coats.

After 3 coats you can barely tell it's beginning to build up on the groove edges(very slight copper color on groove edges). They dry overnight(without a fan) to just a slight waxy feel, not sticky or tacky at all.

I've run 3 coats like that to 2500 fps(chronoed) with no problems, and i believe 2600 fps., but didn't chrono that load.... i lost accuracy with that powder at that speed anyway.

If you have wet lube in your bowl after say 8 to 15 seconds of tumbling, your probably using too much.
    If after 2 hours of drying there is more than just a slight tacky feel, it's too much for sure. imho

I don't own a semi anything, but have used BLL since Ben put the recipe out in my single shots and bolt guns with never a trace of lead in the bbls.
    I really believe i could get by with 2 coats, but started with 3 and it worked so well i've just stuck with it.Lol, the accuracy has been so good, no need to "fix" it.

Just my experience with it.

Thought I'd check for availability...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SC-Johnson-O...YAAOSw0UdXrghk

and it really shows 1 sold at that price?? Phew ! !

Stu
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like it's time for me to unload some of mine at $40 a can. I can spare about 15-20 cans

Boolit Master
    I haven't tried it yet , I found a couple cans at a local hardware store and mixed some up with lee juice I have from a push through sizing die ,I'm just waiting until I have some time this fall to try it out on some 38 w c unsized .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Looks like it's time for me to unload some of mine at $40 a can. I can spare about 15-20 cans
    When the word got out about the end of SC Johnson Liquid, I was a couple of weeks from a trip to TX to see my brother. I stopped at every ACE on the way down and then at every Lowe's on the way back. Ended up with 50 cans, most where marked on clearance. I'll come in at less than $40 a can and throw in shipping...
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Quote Originally Posted by destrux View Post
    What product number of the Lundmark wax are you guys buying? Our local store has three types. All appear to be water based not solvent based since they say they are non-flammable. Lundmark lists a dozen or more types on their website. There should be a 4 digit product number on the bottle though.

Edit: I think I figured it out from the MSDS sheets... you're all using their Liquid Paste Wax #3208 product, correct? It's mostly petroleum distillates, with some waxes and esters.

All the other Lundmark floor waxes are water based and some even contain metal oxides (could be abrasive) so take care not to use the wrong product.
    We would add prepsol to Johnsons Paste wax to make liquid wax for waxing large surfaces . like aircraft tooling

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodogsandman View Post
    Thought I'd check for availability...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SC-Johnson-O...YAAOSw0UdXrghk
    That is crazy.

I looked into organizing a Group Buy. I contacted SCJ to inquire about a special run and I committed to take all of it and pay for it upfront. They kindly declined.

Boolit Buddy
    Ya see? Ben should have been wearing his tin foil hat, Now they are on to us.

L. Bottoms

Shot some of the too heavy coated 170PB over 9.5 unique. They're tipping @ 50. Same everything, should be running 1400 fps. Didn't with proper BLL coating. Barrel is nasty dark looking but no lead. Some had dacron - can you tell? Also shot 4 PCd with 27 gr. of LeverE (185 GC) should be ~1600 fps - a nice softer recoil load. POA center bull for all.
    edit: Patches still come out black after ~30 with #9. Just a couple shiny specks, lots of gunk.
    Attachment 178294
    Last edited by popper; 10-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Is this stuff still available at any local type stores?

I looked it up by UPC 046500001253 and found in only online, where they charge more than the actual purchase in shipping cost.

SC JohnsonŽ One Step No Buff Wax

UPC 046500001253 has following Product Name Variations:
    1.One Step 22-oz One-Step No Buff Wax Fine Wood Floor Care
    2.SC Johnson Fine Wood One-Step Wax-22 oz.
    3.Johnson S C Inc : One Step Wood Wax
    4.Johnson(r) One Step No-Buff Floor Polish (00125)
    5.SC Johnson 125 One Step Wood Floor Wax
    6.Johnson S C Inc 00125 One Step Wood Floor Wax-ONE STEP WOOD WAX

Searching for UPC 046500001253 brought me to this site where it looks like a can of it can be ordered for $9.75.... although shipping is $12 for 1 $19 for 2 $27 for 3 ...

... and another place for $8.90 & $14.55 shipping!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Got curious and went looking, just in case. I'm sitting on 5 can's so I'm ok for now. Found this site that gives most of what is in our Johnson's.

http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/...ep-no-buff-wax

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Do you suppose if one were to mix this and rebottle, one should use a solvent safe bottle, like one marked "HDPE" ?

Have you noticed any swelling of your Ketchup bottle ?

I just want everyone to be safe here, I know it is necessary for "Ed's Red", and I see the Liquid JPW is in, what looks like, a steel can.
    Jon
    Omg. Thanks for the reminder. I had some kroil in a glad container out in the shed that I was using for molds. Glad I went out to check'em cuz they are on their last legs. Just put in an order from the bay. 4 16oz bottles for
    9$ shipped.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ghh3rd View Post
    I looked it up by UPC 046500001253 and found in only online, where they charge more than the actual purchase in shipping cost.

Searching for UPC 046500001253 brought me to this site where it looks like a can of it can be ordered for $9.75.... although shipping is $12 for 1 $19 for 2 $27 for 3 ...

... and another place for $8.90 & $14.55 shipping!
    $93.39 to ship a case of it? Bend me over why don't ya? What a crock.

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast