MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    tds: Thanks

I hope this thread gets back to using the stuff.

Fire lapping! Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Buddy
    Info for Canadians:

can I purchase sc johnson no buff one step floor finish in canada, vancouver bc? - paul from vancouverHello Paul from Vancouver – It’s nice to hear from you. Thanks for sharing your question.
    Unfortunately, our SC Johnson® One Step No Buff isn’t sold in Canada. Sorry if that is disappointing news.
    You may want to try our Pledge® Wood Floor Cleaner as an alternate. It cleans gently and restores the shine to your wood floors without the dulling residue often left behind by other cleaners. You can also use Pledge® Wood Floor Cleaner on wood paneling and cabinetry in your home. It is not recommended for un-sealed wood surfaces though.
    I found this here http://www.scjohnson.com/en/products...e-Step-No-Buff

Is there any other similar product on the market we can use?In stores I found a lot of cleaners and restorers for wood floors but no "liquid wax" of any kind.

Got a new surprise (to me at least) about a month ago using BLL. I've been using it in my 35 whelen ever since Ben put the formula out and loving it.

I had bought a new Zastava mauser in .308 months ago and had never fired it untill last month. I decided to shoot cast in it right off and never attempted to shoot any jacketed rounds to polish the bore.

I did put a patch with atf oil on it down the bore months ago to protect against rust and humidity.
    Last month i ran a dry patch down the bore and the first 2 shots with a noe 315 clone boolit and 19 gr. of 4759 went into .6" with a set 6 power scope. The next 2 shots just opened the group a bit over .6".

I was just shooting 4 shot groups @ 100 yds. looking for accuracy nodes with several different loads, but didn't expect an unseasoned bore to shoot like that lol.
    I also expected maybe a bit of lead on any rough edges of the new rifling...after 32 shots, there was none.

BLL didn't seem to care the rifle was unfired except for proof testing at the factory. Out of
    8 or so different loads with both 4759 and aa4350, 4 loads shot .6ish" to 1.6". They were all just 4 shot groups. Of course the loads it didn't like were more like 3 and 4".
    Can't wait to get a higher powered scope on this one and see just what it can do.

I was pleased the BLL performed so well from a brand new bbl. like that.
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 06-05-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Powder coating pistol boolits is great, but pulling them out of the #5 containers with hemostats is tedious. They perform great and look great, and the other steps are easy.

Last night, as I was casting up more NOE 160RN 40 cal boolits, I thought to myself, I should try that mule snot that come with the lee sizers. I came here to review the improved mule snot formulas and found this one. Hopefully this lube works well and doesn't smoke too much or gum up the gun or my boolit feeder. Yes, I load my 40 cal on a dillon 1050 with a mr. bulletfeeder.

This should get me started with some lube to try out:

Lowe's didn't know what hit them, LOL.

I figured I would share the wealth a bit, since some guys don't seem to be able to get a hold of it.

Boolit Master
    CGT80 -
    Lowe's didn't know what hit them, LOL.

Scooooooore
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Master
    After reading of the difficulty of finding the liquid wax, it was a score. Home depot didn't have any or have a tag for it any longer.

It sounds like this stuff goes a long ways, and I can't see myself using up that many cans, but the price was low and I hoped to help out someone who couldn't get it in their area. Who needs some? I can post it up in S&S for a reasonable price (I haven't figured out what the cost to ship it is...flat rate?).

Boolit Master
    Good of you to offer some up, and it does go a long way. I'm on the road this weekend and could use another can or two, sometimes the search is 75% of the fun.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Master
    My 1917 American Enfield 50 yrds Accurate 314299 clone 3x9 scope(sporter) Universal 12.5 g gas checked . . Ben liquid. Was sigting in scope (3 out side group)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30-06    50 yrds_0001.jpg   026.jpg  

CGT80, PM sent about the wax.

Stu
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Boolit Mold
    Awesome group Shooter6br!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

CGT80 PM inbound, I suspect you would have to go flat rate medium to get them in a box. Which is what? in the 11-12$ range.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stu1ritter View Post
    CGT80, PM sent about the wax.

Stu
    Replied to PM

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    CGT80 PM inbound, I suspect you would have to go flat rate medium to get them in a box. Which is what? in the 11-12$ range.
    Looks like flat rate is no go for hazardous or combustible liquids (it would have been easy to use their box), but to ship usps ground is only a buck or two more, and I will have to use my own boxes........I think. I checked shipping to a few different states, and it only varies by a few cents. The cans don't have seals under the lids, but they didn't leak on the way home from the store and a can or two were laying down on the shelf at the store. It should ship fine.

Boolit Master
    Mixing up BLL was too easy.

I put a small coffee can (the old steel ones) on my hot plate and heated the water to 150f and put the mule snot in there. It flowed well, after that. I had a small spray bottle so I marked it at 3" from the bottom, and then multiplied 3 by .60 to get the alox fill level. 1.8" if my math was right. I filled the rest to the 3" line with wax, and shook it up.

A cool whip container was good for coating boolits. I liked the spray. It coats the boolits somewhat evenly, and then I swirled them around. The lube grooves showed a bit of lube, but it didn't puddle or run on the other surfaces of the boolits or the container. They sun dried in the container for an hour and I sized them while still tacky. Most likely, I used a bit too much lube. Then, I lubed them again and poured them in a cookie sheet with wax paper and put them in my toaster oven at about 200f for 5-10 min. There wasn't much solvent smell and they were already tacking up, so I took a chance with the chance of them burning. After that, I pulled them out to cool and hopefully dry up. The boolits were hot enough that I couldn't hold them, but they didn't burn my finger until I touched them for a second or so.

This is much faster and easier than powder coating. Hopefully, I figure out how to get them to come out slick, so they don't gum up my boolit feeder.

Oh, yeah, I will keep an eye on the cheap spray bottle to see if the BLL degrades it or if the solvent evaporates.

If you have a Do It Best hardware store close, you can order it online and have Lundmark liquid paste wax delivered to the srore for free.

Boolit Master

The MSDS on the Lundmark liquid paste wax does not show any abrasives. Otherwise it is:

Chemical Name CAS No. Weight-% Trade SecretDistillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light 64742-47-8 60-100 *Paraffin Wax 140 8002-74-2 1-5 *Carnauba Wax #1 8015-86-9 1-5 *Esters of montan acids
    Proprietary 1-5 *

If anyone tries this product mixed with ALOX let us know how is performs. Thanks

Boolit Master
    I stopped by a different lowe's last week and saw two bottles of liquid wax but didn't bother getting them since I have plenty, even after setting some aside for other castboolits members.

When I loaded up some of my BLL boolits last sat night, it took 15 rounds or so to think to check the powder thrower just for the heck of it. It was a good thing since I forgot about using up 200 commercial moly bullets (180 grain) last time I ran the press. I called it quits and had a beer and used those for practice the next day. Boy, NOE 160 rn over 3.0 grains of tight group feels almost like a pellet gun out of an XD 40. The gun was filthy from a big class the weekend before so I have no idea how the lube worked, but they all went down range.

The bullet feeder just would not feed those 160rn with BLL. They would not flip right side up, even after a bunch of adjustment on the collator. When powder coated, they run fine. They didn't feel very sticky, but maybe it was just enough, since the bullets are almost square. 135 grain is really bad in 40 cal for the bullet feeder.

Tonight I loaded a bunch of the 160 and BLL, but set boolits by hand. I will clean the gun and try them out next Thursday when we (Range Development and Planning Committee) have a little picnic and shoot at the range. Maybe I will try less lube on the next batch. What is the worst that will happen on a 4" barrel that is easy to remove and not hard to scrub out?

Funny how like minds come up with the same thought. I am going to get some of that Lundmark liquid paste wax ordered up from my local ACE Hardware and see how it does. I was looking over the data sheets a couple of weeks ago and it sure looks similar to the sacred yellow-blue Johnson. Cost $12 to find out. Quart size is a bit more product. Worst case I have some liquid wax to fool around with in the wood shop.

WashingMike

Boolit Man

You folks that are buying 6+ bottles of Johnson's floor wax are stocking up for multi-generations of casting/lubing bullets. I bet you have 10+ cases of 22 LR ammo sitting on the floor. I bought 1 bottle in 2014 when I first read this thread along with a quart of LLA from the Forum's bulk supplier. 15K of 45 ACP bullets later and I'm still on my second bottle of Red's Tumble Lube.

Don't let the shelves collapse ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by WashingMike View Post
    Funny how like minds come up with the same thought. I am going to get some of that Lundmark liquid paste wax ordered up from my local ACE Hardware and see how it does. I was looking over the data sheets a couple of weeks ago and it sure looks similar to the sacred yellow-blue Johnson. Cost $12 to find out. Quart size is a bit more product. Worst case I have some liquid wax to fool around with in the wood shop.

WashingMike

Hokay, I got my quart jug of Lundmark liquid paste wax from Ace Hardware and brought it home. The good news is that it mixes with the liquid Xlox stuff just fine. A couple of things to note. First, the Lundmark is thicker than the Johnson's liquid. The second, it had to be stirred rather than shaken, but it mixed together just fine.

My bottle of liquid alox had dried up some and was pretty thick, so I added mineral spirits to thin it so I could get it out of the container. The consistency of the mixture of the two was pretty watery, like the original BLL. I used a very little amount on the tub of bullets that I tried it on. The bullets were some 30 cal. with gas check that I had run through the lube sizer with lube in the grooves. After drying overnight, the bullets were not bad at all for tackiness, and this probably will work with a bit more experimentation on the ratio. I think this
    Lundmark product could be the ticket.

WashingMike

Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast