RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    I spray a little of my Lanolin lube on my newly cast boolets before sizing and then tumble lube them later..
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Master

My next question was if Dillon case lube was ok to use before sizing. Or if that would cause issues with bonding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going to lube with BLL I would stick with BLL for all.

You are asking for problems that you don't need.

Just a very light coat, For .30 caliber maybe 10-12 drops, more for bigger caliber, less for smaller.

BLL will work just fine for sizing, and case sizing too, just needs to be washed or wiped off the cases if you like clean shiny cases.

I may have cornered the market in Anchorage, lol, but so far I've Lubed at least 2,000 boolits with BLL. Works great!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Just had a bit of a surprise today .... cleaned of the shelf of the local Lowe's 3 or 4 months ago , now and then when in the store for other reasons I drop by the section that had the one step and as usual there was no more on the shelf.
    Just the Paste wax ..
    Today went in for some other items and walked by and "WHAT" ? ... six bottles are on the shelf , give or take four dollars a piece ..
    Now go figure , shelf was empty for so long and now ? , of all things .
    Splain that one to me !.
    Last edited by Digger; 05-12-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Mold
    I wonder if the rise in sales changed their mind. I know I bought a few...7 to ne exact. Great stuff!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Been reading the threads and plan on trying it provided the wax can be found. jmort, I hope the Lundmark wax works out if only to have options. If not, I can see casters meeting in back alleys making buys on smuggled JLW. Then that would probably evolve into turf wars and such. An entirely new breed of criminal enterprise started. I can see very little good coming from this. And it's ALL Ben's fault!

Boolit Grand Master
    I always get blamed with everything !

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    Been reading the threads and plan on trying it provided the wax can be found. jmort, I hope the Lundmark wax works out if only to have options. If not, I can see casters meeting in back alleys making buys on smuggled JLW. Then that would probably evolve into turf wars and such. An entirely new breed of criminal enterprise started. I can see very little good coming from this. And it's ALL Ben's fault!
    Yeah , Maybe try to get some into Cali from here in Nevada ...... works for some.

Boolit Master
    We live in a small town of 1400 and walked into the local family owned hardware store and , bingo, one can left. Put 6 drops of Lee Liquid Alox and 4 drop of Johnson's Wax in a paper cup to see the results. Dropped in 10 of my new cast 255 grain hollow base .44's and rolled them around a bit. Man alive, you weren't kidding about it going a long way! They are drying now and will load them up when dry with 7grs of Universal for my Colt Single Action .44 Special. This Colt has a .428 barrel with .433 cylinder throats so it might be a good test with the hollow base.

Pays to take a pic ...
    dropped by the Lowes again out of curiosity and ..... all six , still there .
    Even with a few bottles already in possession , I could not ignore ... put them all in my basket.
    Who knows .. maybe down the road I will spread the wealth a little .
    Took a pic before I grabbed them and it came in handy at the check out as the lady scanned them, they popped up 6.58 apiece ....
    I showed her the pic of them on the shelf with the price and she corrected the situation right then and there at 4.00 apiece .
    The pic came in very handy instead of verbally contesting the price , having to go look etc.
    Now have to find a bigger box for the bottles in my Man cave .....
    no matter what I do the pic is sideways ...
    Attachment 168081
    Looking closer at the price label ..think it was for another product maybe.

Boolit Master
    O.K. just went out and lubed some more bullets with BLL, and these are already lubed with alox/beeswax lube beneath the new coating. I hope you guys haven't been yankin' my lariat (Ben Vareen from Blazing Saddles). Hope to try them soon. I've never tumble lubed and this just sounds too good to be true but I'll play along.

Boolit Master

Ben Sir any idea how long this lube will keep after mixing?? My quart is about 1/2 used and my log says I've lubed approximately 19,571 38 special rounds and another 1500,243 rounds/6mm and 2000 30caliber boolits, how much longer can I expect it to keep??
    Any body else try it with a muzzleloader? I've found that it is much easier to get Boolits started down the barrel so far it's going good.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    Ben Sir any idea how long this lube will keep after mixing?? My quart is about 1/2 used and my log says I've lubed approximately 19,571 38 special rounds and another 1500,243 rounds/6mm and 2000 30caliber boolits, how much longer can I expect it to keep??
    Any body else try it with a muzzleloader? I've found that it is much easier to get Boolits started down the barrel so far it's going good.
    If the seal is good and the " carrier " in the JLW cannot evaporate, it will last several years. I'm using out of a bottle that is over 2 yrs. old. The lube in it is just as good as the day that I made it.

A lot of my friends us Naphtha to thin BLL that has lost some of its " carrier " from being stored in faulty containers that allow evaporation. I'm told the Naphtha will restore the BLL to its normal viscosity.

Ben

Boolit Master
    Use on ML boolits. WOW. I hadn't thought about that.
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

I'm A Honcho!
    Hello Ben
    I have used mineral spirits many times with no issue to rewet the formula.
    I just add till it's like coke shake well and dispense as needed.
    I have found no loss in performance and it dries the exact same!!

My 2 cents ymmv

Wasalmonslayer

Boolit Master
    Have a question. I eyeballed a couple of test runs with 6 drops of Lee Liquid Alox and 4 drops of Johnson's Wax in a paper cup and mixed together. Then dropped in 10 bullets and swished them around till they all looked glossy and set them up on wax paper base down. Not much residue on the paper so figured it was about right. That was around 30 hours ago and they dried well but running my finger across the surface it kind of drags. Not really tacky but will pick up small granules off my bench. This is my first time with any type of tumble lubing so I may not have it right yet.

Boolit Grand Master
    That IS NOT the way I make BLL or recommend it to be made in the original post .
    I suspect the components are not mixing well.

BLL will never dry hard like paint. It may have a slightly tacky feel. That has nothing to do with its performance however.

Ben

Boolit Master
    OK. Got the ketchup bottle at Wally World but need to get more Alox to get enough to make up the amount I want. Like I said this was just a quick test. Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good luck.

Best to you,
    Ben

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast