RotoMetals2
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    You're VERY WELCOME !

Let us know how it works, please.

Ben
    I will, should know in a couple days how it works out!

Dan

Boolit Mold
    Hello Ben. I am not new here but don't post much. This my first post actually. Mainly just read and try to learn. I am going to try and find the floor wax to make the lube. I have my bottles of Alox in the house now so they can be warming up getting ready to mix.

I do have one question and I am not trying to derail the thread but what bullets are those in the background of your picture? I love the wide flat nose they have. And what caliber are they? Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you're referring to this photo, it is the NOE 311440. /30 Cal. for the 30/30, 308 Win, 30-06, etc ? ?

Boolit Mold
    Those are the ones. I need to check out that mould.

Boolit Mold
    OK I got the Johnsons wax but couldn't find a plastic bottle. Thats OK because I can use an empty dish washing liquid bottle with the flip top.

Also in case anyone is interested I saw that Midway has Rooster Jacket back in stock. They has quit making it for a while but I guess demand was high enough for them to start production. I really like that stuff. I will buy a bottle of it next order. The only problem with it is that is gets thick and you can't do much about it.
    Last edited by hatchet jack; 09-08-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Boolit Man
    I finally found some Johnsons Liquid Floor wax and gave this a try. I mixed it up as per this thread and lubed some .452 and .358 Lee T/L SWC's with great results. I shot 50 of the 358's through 3 revolvers and 50 of the 452's through 2 45 colts and 1 1911 with no leading at all. All were mild loads. I didn't get serious about accuracy yet but all were minute of of 20 oz Dr Pepper bottle at 10 yards. When time allows I want to pick up the pressures a little and break out the sand bag and see about 25 yard accuracy in all but the 45 colt SBH Hunter. I'll stretch it out to 100 yards. It'll do 3 MOA at 100 with jacketed. Am I allowed to say that word on here?
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Mold
    I got my lube made last night. I used 5 bottles of LLA and the balance of floor wax. Looks good. The dish washing liquid bottle was a good choice if you can't find a plastic ketchup bottle. And now my garage smells like LLA from the paper towels I threw in the trash. I like it. I hope to make a bullet run very soon. I have several new moulds to try out.

Ben I looked at the NOE site but couldn't find that particular mold. What is the bullet weight? I may have to give them a call. I have a new Lee 170gr flatnose for 30 caliber and that will be on of my next bullets on my casting run. I hope it shoots well in my model 94 30-30.

Boolit Grand Master
    hatchet jack

Here is the mold, and it is in stock and ready to ship :

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=269
    Last edited by Ben; 01-24-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Picked some JPW Liquid up and gave this a try. Much easier than melting down the can of paste I have and works really good. I have only tried this stuff with target velocity boolits but I am sure satisfied and the other posts indicate that it will meet my needs for the time being. Ben's LL is good stuff. Thanks Ben
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Picked some JPW Liquid up and gave this a try. Much easier than melting down the can of paste I have and works really good. I have only tried this stuff with target velocity boolits but I am sure satisfied and the other posts indicate that it will meet my needs for the time being. Ben's LL is good stuff. Thanks Ben
    That's Great !
    Enjoy,

Ben

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the link Ben.

Boolit Master
    I tried it today Seems to be a good TL. Snow here in Pa. so no range test... Here is what is in the 1 step http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/...-buff-wax.aspx

Tried out a variation of Ben's LL, 50% Alox 30% JPW and 20 % liquid wax. Dried harder than 50/50. 230 noe hollow point from a 1911 and a 625 average was 863 fps, no leading at all I usually get a little in the forcing cone.

looked for the liquid JPW but the store was out, they did have a similar shaped container with the "Trewax " label on it, there wasn't a list of ingredients , does anyone know how this compares to the liquid JPW ???
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Banned

Boolit Mold
    Wayne S I found the liquid JPW at Home Depot in the cleaning section and the total OTD was $7.01.

Boolit Buddy
    Here is my update.

Easiest lube to make ever that's for sure.

Dries really quickly. Almost invisible and is hard.

I tumbled them and then sized and then tumbled again for my 44 mag. I shot some with excellent accuracy during some more load development with my 305 grain Lyman mold boolits. These are hot loads in my SBH. One of these loads is proving to be very accurate and is what I will soon be cooking up by the hundreds to practice for hunting this fall. If I could hold still I was hitting the 8" plate hanging on the chain at 80 yards every time. That's with iron sights and not the best eyes. That's about as good as I can expect resting my elbows on the table and no scope. Once I clear a better path through the brush I will go all the way to 100 yards and I suspect it should be just fine still.

Just prior I had shot some old ammo with the 429421. It has consistently given me leading in the forcing cone area and I did the best I could to clean it but could not get all the spots out. Anxious to try the new loads with Bens LL I started to shoot a few anyhow. After a few shots with the new loads and new lube I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The leading completely went away. And stayed perfectly clear and shiny no matter what load with the 305's

What a relief. That was so cool to actually see my non gas checked 305's clean out the bore with this new lube.

I had also tried it with a couple different lee 9mm boolit molds. But those are still just too small for the lone wolf barrel and still leaded like crazy. Oh well, not the lubes fault. They only measure ..3565-.357 and I need a couple thou more.

I cant wait for the next project which is more 30-30 load development. Since the boolits are plenty big enough, and gaschecked, with the new lube I expect to be able to push it to a decent clip. Although for me 30-30 in my 1949 336 is more fun with moderate loads but I do plan to cook up some stiffer loads with 5744 for hunting.

Other huge benefits are the speed at which I can apply coats of lube and also that it does not foul my sizing or seating dies at all. I lubed about 700 boolits in 30 minutes including standing them up to dry.

I suspect that this lube will virtually take care of 90 percent or more of my needs for boolits that I sling.

Thanks again Ben!

Sorry for the novel. I am just so excited.

Dan

Boolit Grand Master
    Dan,

I'm glad you've had good results. Yes, making this lube is so very simple.

Ben

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.

One Extreme test

OK Here is an extreme test: Took My NOE 130gr .326" 8 mm PB boolit.... Lubed it heavily to fill the lube grooves with BLL! for the next step! Sized down in stages to .312" Lubed lightly again in BLL, when dry loaded it in 30-30 cases @ 6.0 grains BE to be shot in my 1970's Marlin 336. Well the weather here sucks so it may be some time to shoot these....but I will keep interested watchers posted. ( Just realizled I should have weighed the final loaded "sized down" boolit! Oh well, 6 grains BE will get it out to 50yds accurately I'm sure!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Grand Master
    6 grs. of B'Eye should make you a nice little 50 yard load.

Ben

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast