Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

If I am wanting to load them in a half hour I may put a little heat in before starting.

I often set them in container in front of a small fan for 5 min between coats. Works fine.

After the last coat I normally spill them into a cardoboard flat in front of the fan to speed drying.

Hunting report with BLL...
    3 coats of BLL on a 30xcb boolit @ 2,447 fps. from a 12 twist .308.
    Had to thread a cold bbl. shot though very thick brush on a mid size(about 140 to 150 lb.) whitetail buck on the move.
    One shot and done just as it should have been.

I love this lube, it just flat performs.

Well I tried heat frm the hot plate (lowest setting) to help dry/cure. Lost the WD hardness. I also tried some M.S. for thinning - can't get my sinuses to stop draining.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Well I tried heat frm the hot plate (lowest setting) to help dry/cure. Lost the WD hardness. I also tried some M.S. for thinning - can't get my sinuses to stop draining.
    Popper, are you using the original BLL with the Johnsons Liquid Floor Wax, or the new recipe? If you're using the original, I'd add more JLFW instead of mineral spirits.

If you're still having problems with the boolits remaining tacky after drying, add 1/4 tsp of ground mica to them, and give them a tumble. The mica will completely eliminate any stickiness, and won't make the BLL any less effective.

I've had to use the mica trick every time I use multiple coats of BLL. When I use one single thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin coating, it never turns out sticky.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Edit: I do wipe out the tumbling tupperware after dumping the boolits out. If I let the residue dry in the container, it causes the next boolits coated to have clumps on them; it never really dissolves correctly, so I wipe it out.
    I have noticed this too. I had a dedicated container that had built up quite a layer of dried lube on the inside and I was seeing evidence of a clumping and I realized that some of it got melted a little with each new batch and that was my problem also.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Phlier;3941644]Popper, are you using the original BLL with the Johnsons Liquid Floor Wax, or the new recipe? If you're using the original, I'd add more JLFW instead of mineral spirits.

If you're still having problems with the boolits remaining tacky after drying, add 1/4 tsp of ground mica to them, and give them a tumble. The mica will completely eliminate any stickiness, and won't make the BLL any less effective.

I've had to use the mica trick every time I use multiple coats of BLL. When I use one single thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin coating, it never turns out sticky.[/QU

The motor mica work great for me. Use the least amount you can get by with. I have also used talcum powder to get rid of the stickiness, but someone suggested that the Talc was an abrasive.

Any thoughts on the Talcum powder? Sure is cheaper than motor mica.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Popper, are you using the original BLL with the Johnsons Liquid Floor Wax, or the new recipe? If you're using the original, I'd add more JLFW instead of mineral spirits.

I've had to use the mica trick every time I use multiple coats of BLL. When I use one single thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin coating, it never turns out sticky.
    The motor mica work great for me. Use the least amount you can get by with. I have also used talcum powder to get rid of the stickiness, but someone suggested that the Talc was an abrasive.

Any thoughts on the Talcum powder? Sure is cheaper than motor mica.
    I could very well be wrong, but I can't imagine that the talcum powder would be abrasive. I use mica because of how it interacts with the BLL. It doesn't get clumpy at all, and doesn't build any residue in the barrel.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Master
    I'm trying to find the new BLL formula and have wasted lots of time sifting through all of these pages...can we make the formula itself a sticky?
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Last edited by Yodogsandman; 03-09-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Credit Ben Again for Formula
    A deplorable that votes!

Last edited by Yodogsandman; 03-09-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Credit Ben Again for Photos.
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    .45 caliber 200 RNFP, 2 coats of BLL,(original formula) loaded in .45 ACP, 4.6 grains 700 X, no leading at all after 200 rounds!! Little easier than PC! I love this stuff! Just my .02 thanks Ben!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Grand Master
    You're more than welcome !

Ben

1 coat of BLL holds up to 20 rounds each of 18&19gr unique and a 160 gr ranchdog bullet. Accuracy was rubbish but 0 leading
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

just scored a quart of the Lundmark from Amazon outlet for $9.53 shipped (prime member). Gonna sees how she works, since the hoarders cleaned out all the Johnson's Liquid

Boolit Mold
    HI all. So as Johnson liquid wax has been discontinued and the selling price on the internet is 125 dollars US money, Now what to use?

Boolit Grand Master

Just think, if diamonds were rare (as in no more available) how much would you price the one SWMBO wears?
    Right now they're cheap, as in almost ever wife has one, but if there were to be no more?
    As long as there is a can of JW available and someone willing to pay the price, is it too high?
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Vicious, read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by VICIOUS View Post
    HI all. So as Johnson liquid wax has been discontinued and the selling price on the internet is 125 dollars US money, Now what to use?
    Look farter back in this thread, an equivalent recipe has been worked out using a different wax. I believe the brand is Lundmark.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Vicious, Just scroll up this page a bit and you'll see the new mix with info on what to use and photos, posts #1170 & 1171

BTW guys, isn't Lar's selling this new mix all ready to use?
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Mold
    THANKS/ Vern

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast