MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Banned

^^^ Not a good idea. You can still get it on the web, ebay etc. At some point, I am going to try this stuff I mentioned in post #882. It seems to have all the right elements, just need to see how it acts/mixes with Alox. We shall see.

http://www.lundmarkwax.com/6-2-15_SD...0Wax%20LVP.pdf
    hemical Name CAS No. Weight-% Trade SecretDistillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light 64742-47-8 60-100 *Paraffin Wax 140 8002-74-2 1-5 *Carnauba Wax #1 8015-86-9 1-5 *Esters of montan acids Proprietary 1-5 **The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.
    Last edited by jmort; 02-10-2016 at 02:13 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to know. I may pick it up anyways and store it for Bens Red Lube if I ever get a lube-a-sizer.

Just picked up six. Cans of "one step". At the Lowe's in Wasilla, Alaska. Home depot stores in AK are cleaned out. Couldn't find and at Fred Meyer, Carr's, or Safeway stores in the local area. Lowe's store I went to showed a case in inventory, lol. But they could not find it. I asked them to contact me when ithey do!
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Buddy
    I was able to locate around 40 cans of the liquid wax, they are $14 each. If anyone needs some please message me, I am gauging interest before I go buy them all this weekend, if enough people are interested I will go buy them and ship them out to everyone.

Boolit Buddy
    SCORED 10 bottles today!!
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarist View Post
    I was able to locate around 40 cans of the liquid wax, they are $14 each. If anyone needs some please message me, I am gauging interest before I go buy them all this weekend, if enough people are interested I will go buy them and ship them out to everyone.
    Ten of the forty cans are already spoken for, get it while it lasts. I plan to go buy the wax this weekend and get them shipped out on Monday or Tuesday. Since I do not have the cans in hand I will not be taking money from anyone until I do, orders will be filled in the order received, and payment sent via PayPal. Shipping will be via USPS flat rate shipping, I will get the shipping figured out but 2-4 cans should fit in a medium flat rate box which is around $12-$14 (recent price increase I forgot the exact price).

Just went to the local Home Depot and it doesn't show anywhere on their inventory.

Sent off a request to Home Depot on their website for them to consider restocking the item. Maybe if Home Depot got enough requests, they would in turn ask for the product for their shelves.

Boolit Grand Master

NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

You can go online and check the stock of Home Depots in your area. The product still comes up on their site. When I did this it said there was none available at any stores w/ in 100 miles of me. This area has hundreds of stores in it.

Try "Wood Preen" as a substitute, Yodog.

Maven, I have a lifetime supply of Johnsons One Step Liquid Floor Wax. Was looking to hoard for my heirs. I'm sure this will be all figured out by the time they need any.

I also did that 100 mile search and found none available at Home Depot.

Ace Hardware had none listed either. Also sent off a request to them.

Scalpers have picked up the remaining product, I think. It's available on Amazon for $23.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up 4 cans at my local True Value hardware. $7.49 each. That was all they had.

Ordered 2 from Amazon, then I noticed they were on backorder. Went ahead and did it anyway. They must have arrived right after I sent order in. 3 days later they were on my step. Also got a paste wax and some mineral spirits.

Should be good for some time now.

Wow! Just got a phone call from Home Depot. They're going to evaluate if they should restock Johnsons One Step Liquid Floor Wax or not.

A few more Emails could help.

Boolit Master
    That's good Johnsons will listen to Home Depot quicker than they will listen to us.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Grand Master
    Fellows,

The wheel the squeaks the most will be the one to get the grease.

Keep up your phone calls and request.

Most companies , once they see they can sell it, they will make it.

Ben

Do you have an email address we should use?
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Mold
    SC Johnson U.S. contact page: https://contact.scjbrands.com/en-us

Don't know the Canadian contact info.

Boolit Man

Came across this thread a few days ago and have been reading thru it. At about page 23, I figured I better start looking to see if there was any Johnsons liquid one step wax left in the stores. First store I went to was a small out of the way True Value a couple miles from my house. I bought my life time supply of 4 @$7.49ea that they had left on the shelf.

What I'm saying is try these small out of the way hardware stores. You know, the ones you go to as a last resort because of price.

To Ben and all who contributed to this thread, thank you so much for everything.

-Harold

Boolit Grand Master
    Harold ,

You won't regret a penny of the money you spent on the wax.
    It is a GREAT lube !

Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 15bobcat View Post
    Came across this thread a few days ago and have been reading thru it. At about page 23, I figured I better start looking to see if there was any Johnsons liquid one step wax left in the stores. First store I went to was a small out of the way True Value a couple miles from my house. I bought my life time supply of 4 @$7.49ea that they had left on the shelf.

What I'm saying is try these small out of the way hardware stores. You know, the ones you go to as a last resort because of price.

To Ben and all who contributed to this thread, thank you so much for everything.

-Harold
    I hit everything in a 50 mile radius and bought them all, kept a few for my stock, and then shared the rest with the community.

I'm all out of extras, but if everyone else does the same thing, we might just be OK even if they don't resurrect the product.

Once I finish up a few projects I might actually try in earnest to identify and test possible replacements.
    __

Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast