RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Buddy
    none around here
    Dennis

I wrote to them yesterday, right after I snagged 4 cans on Amazon, and this is their reply;
    Stu

Hello Stu,

I’m sorry the SC JohnsonŽ One Step No Buff Wax is no longer being made. That said, your continued interest has been shared with the correct people.

We’re always working on new and exciting products and sometimes, in order to make room for them at the store, we have to decide which ones to take off the shelf. It’s a decision we don’t take lightly, and consumer and retailer interest helps us choose which stay. So your feedback is important!

I have a recommendation, which is one of our current products: PledgeŽ Floor Care Finish. It provides a beautiful, transparent, long-lasting shine that stands up to the wear and tear of heavy traffic without yellowing. Just know the floor should be thoroughly cleaned with Mineral Spirits (also known as naphtha – found in hardware, paint and discount stores) only if the One Step was previously used.

I'd love for you to give it a try on us, so a personalized, full value coupon is on its way to the address you provided. Please expect it to arrive in about two weeks. Never hesitate to reach back out to us for further assistance with our products, Stu!

Regards,

Emily
    Consumer Relationship Center
    SC Johnson, A Family Company
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the last 2 cans my local Ace had today. Could not find any at other stores. Just when we find something really good something bad happens. At least I have the 2 cans I still had plus 2 more from today.
    No more using it on my bench top, it sure did leave a nice shine.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    jmort

I really do appreciate your kind and generous words.

I don't regret a minute of effort that I've put into the development of Ben's Liquid Lube.

Now people can enjoy an easy to mix liquid lube ( no heat or stirring ), with all the characteristics you've just mentioned. Shooters will have about $10 invested in the components and can quickly make enough liquid lube to lubricate many thousands of cast bullets. No fire hazard, no smell in the house ( good for marital harmony ), etc.

I especially like the idea of Ben's Liquid Lube being used by new novice bullet casters who don't have the $$$ to purchase a lube - sizer, top punches, sticks of bullet lube, sizing dies, etc.

By using Ben's Liquid Lube, young / new casters can use a 310 Lyman cast bullet sizing die, or they can obtain a Lee Push thru cast bullet sizer die and can begin shooting immediately without dropping a big chunk of change.

EVERYONE PLEASE ENJOY USING BEN'S LIQUID LUBE ! !

Ben
    Ben,
    It would be nice to know what you tried and it didn't work in developing BLL. Might be: (1) Just interesting reading, (2) Discouragement to someone neurotic enough to try for a 'better mousetrap', considering what all you tried., [If it ain't broke...] (3) Helpful for someone neurotic enough to try for a 'better mousetrap' [Ya jest never know...] (4) ????

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    We will all suffer paranoia as this deluge continues.

Ben
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean the whole world isn't REALLY out to get you.

I'm glad I picked up a few cans during the last scare. Should be enough to last me a while.

Boolit Master

It would appear to be no joke.

The Home Depot site is currently listing it as out of stock online for $32.34 a can. When I wound up during the earlier false alarm, it was going for about $7. It's like AR-15's - did Obama try to ban the stuff or something?

I guess there are those of us who will be saying "I've got mine", and the next generation of mad scientists seeking the next great floor wax bullet lube.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy
    So for those of use that do not have the liquid floor wax is there another alternative? I'm new to casting and about out of alox, was looking for alternatives when I came across this thread.

Bigslug, that $32.34 was for a six pack, not just one can. $5.39 a can. I had to pay better than $9 a can on Amazon.
    Stu
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I went and cleaned out my local stores this weekend. I got enough to last me a long while, plus some extras.

If anyone is in need of some Johnson's one step, I have extras I can part with.

$12.49 + shipping (this is exactly what they cost me). Send me a PM if you can't find it cheaper, or can't find it at all.
    __

Boolit Buddy
    @noisewaterphd PMed!

Extras are nearly gone guys! Let me know quick.
    __

I left 4 on the shelf at Jerry's in Springfield in case anyone in the area is interested. None at the Eugene store or any Home Depots that I went to. They were "on clearance till inventory runs out". I picked up enough to last me a while. BLL and 45/45/10 are my goto lubes but then I shoot mostly under 2000 and haven't played much with solid lubes. Haven't had the need yet.
    °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    A Closed Mouth Gathers No Toes

"When I get to heaven, Tie me to a tree,
    Else I'll get to wandering, Then you know just where I'll be"
    (Ben Rumson, Feb 19, 1924 - Aug 29, 1987)

Boolit Bub

I will have some extras shortly too. PM me for cost.

Boolit Master

I wonder if Lars45 at White Label Lubes could come up with a substitute for BLL like he did with Recluse's 45-45-10?

Quote Originally Posted by noisewaterphd View Post
    I went and cleaned out my local stores this weekend. I got enough to last me a long while, plus some extras.

If anyone is in need of some Johnson's one step, I have extras I can part with.

$12.49 + shipping (this is exactly what they cost me). Send me a PM if you can't find it cheaper, or can't find it at all.
    I bought 35 extra bottles, of which I have 3 left.

I sure hope somebody else can find a stash, or perhaps we figure out a substitute. The liquid wax is extremely easy to work with, and I actually prefer the end result to that of the paste wax recipe.
    __

Banned

So I went to the SC Johnson web site and noticed that there was no longer a tab for SC Johnson brand products which was just there a week or so ago. So I thought they may have eliminated the paste wax. I called them, and learned that both the One Step (still no longer produced in spite of the product's current listing) and the Paste Wax were moved to the Pledge family of products tab. Not earth-shaking but there is it if you are looking for info.

Boolit Buddy
    Holy cow! I just looked at Amazon and it is going for $19/can. I bought some back in July at Home Depot for $7. Just checked my email receipt.

just picked up two cans tonight from Lowe's here in Lancaster for $7.00 a can. so check your local Lowe's.

Boolit Buddy
    Will the paste form of this floor wax work with this? You'll probably have to hear it up to use it each time. I was able to find the paste form but not the liquid. Will look at at a few more hardware stores this weekend to see if I can score some liquid wax.

Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast