Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1386

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Master

Seeing as how LLA dries in that bottle, I think BLL will too, eventually.

I put mine in a salvaged glass jar, then seal that in a quart Ziploc freezer bag - both for extra sealing, and to help avoid spills.

For measuring, I just got a set of cheap measure spoons.

Thunder anywhere close to that mix will work. I did it the other way around once, worked fine.

Boolit Mold
    I just spoke to SC Johnson's customer service. Johnson's Liquid Wax or SC Johnson's One Step No Buff Wax) was discontinued in 2015. Fortunately, Johnson's Paste Wax is still available.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I make mine in clear plastic condiment bottles. But it does dry up some with time. I needed some today and hadn't used it in a while, and I had about a third of a bottle left, which was dried down to the consistency of a fairly thick jam or preserves. I added two .550 round balls as agitators and 3.5 oz of odorless mineral spirits, and after swirling that for about 20 minutes while I watched some of a baseball game, it was reconstituted and good as new.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SharuLady View Post
    Hi, The Lee Alox bottles are 4oz content & on the bottom of the bottle is The diamond shaped emblem which has a #3 in it. Does anyone know if the #3 means it will keep from drying up if I make BLL and put it back into the Lee Alox bottle? Mainly interested due to the folding (flip) spout on the bottle (it would aid in dispensing the BLL when needed).

TYIA, SharuLady
    Has to do with type of plastic and recycling.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plas...obile&ie=UTF-8

Boolit Buddy
    Today while driving to a job site, I noticed an ACE Hardware on the left side of the road, which I had not checked out. Stopped on the way back, and I find one yellow cylindrical can. Johnson's One Step is still around. Second can this year $8.99 + tax. The last one was from the same ACE chain right by my house and only $2.99. Probably a lifetime supply.
    NRA Training Counselor - Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    FWC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Mold
    Friends thank you for the good info.
    I discovered that my local hardware store had a few can of the Johnson's so I purchased those.
    Going to try this lube most ricky ticky.
    I have both alox and xlox.

Anyone in the Anchrage,AK area need a can of Johnson's one step? I have enough to last me A few centuries.....lol. It's HAZMAT. So. Can't mail it. And has to be sent ground transport. If you happen to be in Alaska I can hook you up.... Will trade for wheel weights, 50/50 bar or plumbers solder......

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Boolit Bub
    Was coming home from south Dakota and stopped in a little ace hard ware store found 2 bottles of of Johnson liquid wax 15.95 out the door.

Boolit Buddy
    I am just getting into casting. I wasn't sure exactly what I would end up with for my process. When I bought my casting equipment, I picked up a bottle of Lee Liquid Alox. Since then I picked up some powder from Smoke. So far I have been tumbling power coat and baking my boolits for lube. I feel like tumbling BLL might be worth a shot as it sounds like it's less effort.

I have a couple questions.

How many boolits will a 4 oz bottle of Lee Liquid Alox coat when mixed into BLL?
    When I store my boolits, I have them in a 32 ounce tuperware container, like a soup container. When I load them I put the loaded ammo into the same container. I don't store them in an ammo box individually separated after I load them. Are the boolits, loaded or unloaded, going to stick to each other after they're tumbled?

It looks like LARS lube is an alternative to Alox. Is it the Liquid Xlox that White Label Lube sells?

A "How many boolits will a 4 oz bottle of Lee Liquid Alox coat when mixed into BLL?"

No idea, but it is LOTS. My first batch lasted me a year and a half. And I was shooting more then.

I like to use 2 or 3 LIGHT coats. Maybe 15 to 20 drops per 100 per coat depending on size. Obviously .45's need more than .22's.

Pistol I settle for 2 light coats. Not even really seeing a color change. But they have a "fuzzy" look to them.

Higher speed rifle I go for 3 coats. Here you start seeing a very light tan color.

Once dried they stay dried. I have .358 158 gr rn in a container, standing on their bases. They were not sticky when they went in. They still are not sticky.

I do like to add 1 or 2 % carnuba wax to the Alox. Does very nice things to your bores, and makes a hard shell on the outside.

Boolit Buddy
    In Sept. of 1016, it appears Ben updated it to: 30% LLA or Xlox /30% Lundmark Liquid Wax /40% Mineral spirits (or naptha). Pour together & shake, no heating required.

Two more questions.

Can I use paint thinner instead of mineral spirits?

Can I add the ingredients separately along with my bullets and mix as I tumble?

Boolit Master

I believe you have to ship the Johnsons One Step Wax via UPS ORM-D.

I’ve got a couple of cans I’ll let go for a reasonable price. PM me.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Buddy
    Been looking at Red Wing silicone shoe waterproofing ,as a replacement for Johnsons liquid floor wax. Haven't been able to find a MSDS sheet on it yet as my container has no (cas#) ???, but my containes says,contains petroleum distillates, so it should be a solvent ,I would think.

What does anyone think, would the silicone be of any value?

I was able to get Lundmark Liquid Wax at a Ace Hardware Store locally, works great!

Boolit Master

I’ve got three cans of Johnson’s One Step for sale on the Classified section.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master
    Okay
    Cannot get liquid paste wax here in Australia,what is an alternative?
    Nufinish,can get Johnsons Pledge?
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Quote Originally Posted by no34570 View Post
    Okay
    Cannot get liquid paste wax here in Australia,what is an alternative?
    Nufinish,can get Johnsons Pledge?
    Lundmark Liquid Wax
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Lundmark Liquid Wax
    waco
    I found it,but at over $96 ,here https://www.fishpond.com.au/Homeware...YaAnJVEALw_wcB

Bugger!
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Boolit Master
    I found this here in Australia,here https://www.timbecon.com.au/finishin...-waxes/bio-wax
    It has these ingredients: Dearomatised hydrocarbons, shellac wax, mineral wax, ceramimbi wax, carnauba wax, Japan wax, micro wax, beeswax
    I also have a tin of JPW,could I dilute that and add some Carnauba wax to it?
    Any good????
    Last edited by no34570; 02-25-2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Cheers

no34570

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970 LastLast