Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Grand Master
    HV,

Thanks for your comments.
    I'll have to try the soap bottle.
    Sounds good to me.

Ben

Boolit Grand Master

Been using the stuff ever since Ben posted it. Best thing since sliced white bread and dry toilet paper. I use it as an overcoat on every thing I size and lube (rifle and handgun). Takes little time, great results, cheap and effective. What more could a caster ask for.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

Had my noob shooting buddies run 200 rounds each of 38 Specials, ~ 750 fps 158 gr Lee SWC TB boolits with BLL, no break just shot the heck out of my pistols til the ammo was gone & no leading in either gun. Next, I let them shoot 60 rounds each of 357 with the same boolits through the same guns at ~ 1150 fps & the barrels leaded all they way down the bore. I cast these at 12.4 Brinnell, so I think they're too soft for 357 velocities. Going to cast some harder next & see what happens. So far I'm really happy with BLL as I use it for plinker pistol rounds, just wanted to see what higher velocity did with everything else being the same!

Boolit Grand Master
    It is possible that a 2nd coat of BLL may be in order at 1,150 fps ? ?

Boolit Master

I will try that next, but I really think I need to harden the boolits. Looking back, I should have done that in the first place!

Boolit Buddy
    Get Johnsons One Step Liquid Wax in Canada. Amazon.ca and ebay.ca have suppliers that will ship it to Canada. They probably just don't know yet that is is agin' the rules. "Mums the word."
    Brian
    Last edited by WBG; 06-03-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    Ok so I made some this lube then I tumbled up some 315 grain WFNCG loaded them in my 458 SOCOM ran them 1800 FPS. excellent accuracy and zero leading. Tumbled twice.

Boolit Grand Master
    And the list of " Believer's " continues to grow.....................

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    And the list of " Believer's " continues to grow.....................
    Yes it does Ben before the weekend I will drive some 170 Grain FP GC from my 30-30 to 2200 FPS with two coats. I will report back. I am also casting up some 350 grain .476 WFN GC for my 480 Ruger Rifle. I will TL them with "Bens Best" TL and also report on those results. Then one more rifle a 375 GNR#2 running a 246 grain LFN CG to 2400 FPS.

Boolit Grand Master
    You guys are hitting velocity levels that I never dreamed would be possible with BLL ! !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Thanks Ben. I'll report back my findings when I can get away to range test.

Jay
    Well I got out to the range with around 200 rounds of 40 S&W (175 grain TC over 4.8 gr ETR-7, CCI SPP). Shot all 200 rounds thru 2 different Ruger SR-40's and one Glock.
    Grouping was good but the real reason for that many fired round (other than just fun and practice) was to determine the degree of leading in the three guns. The boolits were TL in Ben's LL without any other lube. One SR was nearly new and the other has had several years of fairly heavy use. The Glock was almost unfired. It had fired maybe 80 rounds of the same 175 TC with Tac-1 lube. No leading was present in any of the guns used and a quick three patch cleaning left each with a shiny bore. Made a believer out of me. Thanks Ben.

retread

Boolit Bub
    So lemme get this straight, this stuff works better than Alox, hardens to the touch and it's cheap? Sounds too good to be true. Much less work than PC/HT coating. I shoot subsonic exclusively. Is this the answer?

Boolit Bub
    Has it been used standalone with regular lube designs or TL only?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfelipe View Post
    Has it been used standalone with regular lube designs or TL only?
    Works with both.

Boolit Buddy
    Ben I am new to this site, & fairly new to casting. My father has tutored & led me down this wonderful path.I have read this entire thread from front to end. My father had made his first batch of BLL a few months ago. About 2 weeks ago we found some .358 150gr SWC that were lubed with some old dark brown looking almost black lube in the grooves. I tumbled 50 of them with BLL. Stuff dries super quick. It took longer than most folks have experienced on here. However since i read like i should ,i figured than it was either the mix being off % wise ,or the old lube retarding the drying process. After casting some identical boolits & TL with BLL it was found that the old lube caused the issue. Range results of these old lube rounds covered with BLL- 50 rds. loaded with 5.5 gr. ETR7 shot from my Taurus .357 with a 4" BBl: zero leading ,excellent accuracy. Gonna do some more testing with your lube Ben. I think it is an awesome lube & when i get more lubed,& loaded i will post on future tests with it. Gonna try several things like: TL only 2x, TL then lube size& TL again, as well as Bens red then TL. maybe 30 of each type . I have no doubt the results will be great. Thanks a million Sir. Good Shooting

Big Felipe I'm shooting a SA 1911 with the Lee .452 228 grain lube groove design.

Ben's works fine on this. But I am not pushing these rounds hard. In fact I'm down to 4 grains of Red Dot, less recoil, faster back on target, easier on the hands.

I'm a lover of Bens LL, and I think it works great for everything. But, if your pushing the 14000fps mark you may need a layer of Ben's Red or similar in the grooves, with a finish coat of Ben's LL on top to seal it all in place. Makes them less sticky.

I would suggest if you have a bottle of Alox laying around that you buy some One Step and try it for yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    It is very rewarding for me to see so many of you making and enjoying the lube (s).

Ben

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Big Felipe I'm shooting a SA 1911 with the Lee .452 228 grain lube groove design.

Ben's works fine on this. But I am not pushing these rounds hard. In fact I'm down to 4 grains of Red Dot, less recoil, faster back on target, easier on the hands.

I'm a lover of Bens LL, and I think it works great for everything. But, if your pushing the 14000fps mark you may need a layer of Ben's Red or similar in the grooves, with a finish coat of Ben's LL on top to seal it all in place. Makes them less sticky.

I would suggest if you have a bottle of Alox laying around that you buy some One Step and try it for yourself.
    I shoot subsonic exclusively. Speed is not a concern of mine. Just leading. I have had good luck with Alox, but not a fan of the gumminess. That's why I've been working on PC/HT. But I'm lazy too. This sounds like a good easy option.

Ben, has anyone tried a topcoat of plain JPW?
    I've shot a few thru my 22tcm one coat before sizing and gc, and a second coat after sizing and gc install. No issues but not enough down the barrel to prove. Hate to layer on too thick, my original batch is a bit sticky, so I guess a higher percentage Alox..

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Ben, has anyone tried a topcoat of plain JPW?
    I've shot a few thru my 22tcm one coat before sizing and gc, and a second coat after sizing and gc install. No issues but not enough down the barrel to prove. Hate to layer on too thick, my original batch is a bit sticky, so I guess a higher percentage Alox..

I know that people have melted Johnson's Paste wax and dipped cast bullets in the liquid and set them on wax paper to dry overnight.

A lot of people say they have very good experiences with this method although personally I've never done it.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 06-07-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast