MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Grand Master
    OK, is this true or not ? ?

I called them back in the spring because of a rumor i heard of them stopping production and was told they had no intentions of stopping production.

I know my local Ace Hardware was scheduled to get a shipment in Oct. of 2015...i haven't checked with them since, but will be calling SC Johnson's in the morning to check.

Boolit Bub

I called them on 1/27/16.

Boolit Grand Master

Plenty to be bought at Lowe's and HD by me.

Boolit Bub

See post #870
    Last edited by hubcap52; 02-01-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: See post #870

Boolit Bub

I called them on 1/27/16.

800-558-5252

https://contact.scjbrands.com/en-us

I called the headquarters of Johnson's Wax this morning and it seems there is good news and bad news.

Bad news is Johnson's liquid wax has been discontinued.

Good news is Johnson's paste wax is still being made.

I was also told that if they had enough call ins on a product, they sometimes consider to continue it, or put it back in production.

I told them to consider me their first call in to continue the liquid wax production!!
    In the meantime, i'll be buying all the cans of liquid wax i can find.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post

I told them to consider me their first call in to continue the liquid wax production!!
    I think you'd be the 2nd.

Banned

May have to make our own formulation using mineral spirits as a base.

SC JohnsonŽ

SC JohnsonŽ One Step No Buff Wax

Formula 35*3589

INGREDIENTS

• Mineral SpiritsSolubilizer
    • Mineral spirits is a solubilizer that ensures even distribution of the ingredients throughout a product, to help it work better. No matter how much you shake or blend a formula that combines oil and water, over time the oils will separate from the rest of the liquid - just like salad dressing. A solubilizer like mineral spirits helps keep our product formula well mixed.
    • ParaffinFilm Former
    • Paraffin is a blend of waxes that is used to form a candle and that provides fuel for the candle as it burns. Paraffin is one of the most plentiful and commonly used waxes today. It can also be found in a wide array of products from lipsticks to eye makeup to baby products. In household products, we use paraffin as a film former to create a protective coating or shine on a surface.
    • Polymer Wax AV-518Film Former
    • Polymer Wax AV-518 is a film former that we use in our products to create a protective coating or shine on a surface. This means that the surface has an added level of protection, and also has the shine that helps the surface look its best.
    • Proprietary Film FormerFilm Former
    • For competitive reasons, the supplier of this ingredient has asked us to keep the details confidential, and we're legally bound to do so. But we can tell you that it is a film former that we use in our products to create a coating or shine on the surface. This means that the surface has an added level of protection, and also has the shine that helps the surface look its best.
    • Terpene Phenolic ResinFilm Former
    • Terpene phenolic resin is a film former that can also be found in adhesives and coatings. We use it in our products to create a protective coating or shine on a surface. This means that the surface has an added level of protection, and also has the shine that helps the surface look its best.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'll be buying all the cans of liquid wax I can find.

Smart, Very Smart Buddy,

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 02-09-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Boolit Master
    Possibly another brand of liquid wax such as Lundmark or others might serve our needs. Maybe their msds will give clues to their usefulness. Perhaps a close contender could be improved by addition of mineral spirits or other chemicals. Will the knowledgeable among us investigate?

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap52 View Post
    I think you'd be the 2nd.
    That's a good start then. Hhhhmmmm how many members on this site?
    A few thousand calls in a short amount of time might change SC Johnson's mind about this lol.

Boolit Master
    Not if we say anything about boolits.

Boolit Buddy

Well here we go again. Have a few cans, but a guess I will be off to get a few more.

Boolit Grand Master
    From the earliest , I have strongly encouraged people to buy as many cans as possible and stash it back. Still, obviously a real good strategy.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 02-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Good luck finding it, Both places (Lowes & Home Depot) no longer have it on the shelves. They did a month ago, but not even an empty slot on the shelf when it when looking yesterday.
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Banned

I have six in reserve. There will be a way forward as we know what was in it. And as noted, there are other products out there. I agree with the notion of stockpiling whatever amount you need now, as prices are going up.

Banned

This looks promising

http://www.lundmarkwax.com/6-2-15_SD...0Wax%20LVP.pdf
    hemical Name CAS No. Weight-% Trade SecretDistillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light 64742-47-8 60-100 *Paraffin Wax 140 8002-74-2 1-5 *Carnauba Wax #1 8015-86-9 1-5 *Esters of montan acids Proprietary 1-5 **The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.

Boolit Man
    Interesting. I'll have to check the stores around here. During the last scare, I bought about a dozen cans, more than I'll ver we at my current rate of production. I then kind felt foolish when it turned out only to be discontinued in certain markets (outside the US ?). I have been trying to balance my preclusion storage space! So th excess seemed "unneeded" .
    It turned out the answer to forum members inquires on its status depended on the question asked as well as the person asked knowledge. I find this very often often the case in life.
    I wonder how many members have also inquired during this round of the discontinued status? Perhaps we should try that and see how consistent the answers from the manufacturer are. Not a criticism of anyone, just a curiously.
    I will call when I have the time and remember.

Boolit Master

The Homey D site shows none in stock within 100 miles of my location. However, I did score some on Amazon. Prices are rising due to dwindling supply.

Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast