Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primers seating loosely... Trash the brass?

I knew of a copper whom did the reloading for his PD for practicing. He was taking the loaded 556 rounds and dripping crazy glue on th eprimers to keep them in place on the worn out brass. I told him he was a nutjob and asking to get one of his buddies hurt , let alone wreck a rifle. The second I feel a primer go 'swoosh' with no resistance I set it aside and later retrieve primer and it is SCRAPPED , No exceptions.
    No , I did not read that in a manual or stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... it's just the facts Ma'am.

What's the difference between a pig and an Engineer ?
    You can argue with the Pig.

Boolit Master

IF I pick up federal brass of any caliber at the range, it goes straight to the recycle pail when I'm sorting it for loading. Scrap brass prices what they are, it's worth the effort to pick it up.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    If I get a "soft" seating primer I hold the case on an angle, rap the edge sharply two or three times on the bench and if the primer shows any sign of backing out I remove it, then crush and scrap the brass. If the primer does not move I mark the case with a sharpie, complete the load and use that case one more time. It is crushed and scrapped after firing.
    R.D.M.

When the primer pockets get loose the brass is trashed. I crush it so somebody else won't use it. There are no exceptions to this rule for me.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I wonder, if anybody, recognized the thread drift?

Right on the thread drift... In the scrap bucket they are. Thanks to those who gave their honest opinions and weren't snarky...
    "These are not hi-capacity magazines, these are standard capacity magazines. High capacity is belt fed from the can."