Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: h&r barrel accessory program ending.

Leave it up to remington to ruin H&R and Marlin.

Boolit Master
    Actually Remington should be able to improve both Marlin and H&R.
    H&R was really beneath Remington's stature in the market. I am sure that the engineers at Remington are appalled by H&R's bubba style manufacturing. Given a 6 to 9 months work and a $200K budget and Remington could make a silk purse out of the Handi rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser48 View Post
    Leave it up to remington to ruin H&R and Marlin.
    EDG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Actually Remington should be able to improve both Marlin and H&R.
    H&R was really beneath Remington's stature in the market. I am sure that the engineers at Remington are appalled by H&R's bubba style manufacturing. Given a 6 to 9 months work and a $200K budget and Remington could make a silk purse out of the Handi rifle.
    I believe you forgot the purple font.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have a 1990 NEF .410 and its really nice for a $69.95 shotgun, which is what my dad paid for it brand new as my Christmas present that year. Has anybody noticed that they've more than doubled the retail price on these things? The current Remington made aberration has a chunky stock and forend that does not fit the gun at all and a drab, spray paint like black finish on the receiver instead of the nice looking but probably fake color case hardening of mine. As if to add another insult there is a square bar code looking thing stamped into the left side of the receiver.

Now I like Remington's actual Remington products like the 700 and 870. But H&R and Marlin should never be stamped "Ilion, NY", its just sacrilege!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

This is all very funny, Remington being of such august standing as to be above H&R. H&R production discontinued anyway so what does it matter.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    Wait a second, if the program ends when they run out of barrels, are they discontinuing the Handi Rifle?
    Right from H&R website.....

NEF Brand Transition - What does this mean?

Explanation

We will discontinue the use of the New England Firearms brand name on our current firearms but not on firearm parts.
    There will be no product changes. Parts and service for New England Firearms products will continue to be available under the New England Firearm brand name.

Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Banned

It is over, no more H&R.
    See my thread on this. Gray Beards forum confirmation.

Boolit Master
    I know this thread has been going on since last month but all you have to do is call H&R and get the straight scoop. Their number is 1-866-776-9292. I did call them today and they are not going out of business. I am sorry guys if this ruffles some feathers but this is a fact. "They are not going out of business".

No, they are not going out of business.

They are indeed ending the accessory barrel program. It has been reported by too many reliable people from too many sources for it not to be true. And in fact I have talked to H&R customer support myself twice in the last month and both times it was mentioned by their staff. I suspect next year will see a move to a more gun friendly state.

I suspect the year after that will see new rifles on the market again.
    I don't think from what I've heard that they will bring the accessory barrel program back.

You want a different caliber you buy a different gun, or get one elsewhere be it evilbay or a custom job.
    Either way H&R won't be responsible for it, or liable if it causes a problem.

Where we will be 2 years from now no one can say with absolute certainty. Not even those who currently work for Remington on H&R guns like Brian56 over at the GBO forums. Who btw is out of work for at least a year for health issues. Diabetic nerve pain, and the drugs are not working.

So out of business, no.
    No longer currently making guns in New York? I think so, but I can't prove it.
    Out of the barrel replacement program, so it would appear at this point in time.
    As I and others have been told, and as those who work for Remington have been told.
    Moving south to a more gun friendly state? So it would appear.

So, you recon someone at H&R finally got fed up with folks having to send in rifles to have barrel fit to frames?

If someone there finally figured out what they could do to make the barrels completely interchangeable, what would you do? First thing I would do is end the barrel accessory program - git rid of all the old stock, including the old non-interchangeable frames (make them into rifles and send them out the door).

With the Shot Show being the big "announcement" party for the gun industry, I wouldn't be surprised if we get this news come January at the Shot Show. I'm sure they have probably looked at the CVA's ability to interchange barrels without fitting and finally decided to do something about it. At least, if they are not shutting down, that's the news I would expect to hear.
    Last edited by OBXPilgrim; 12-12-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Banned

What was said is that production is stopping.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123