Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: H &R Model 999 sportsman 22

H &R Model 999 sportsman 22

I am hoping the a member of this forum would be so kind and look up the current value of a H &R model 999 Sportsman 22lr revolver, in the newest edition of The Blue Book of Gun Values?
    If so, i need all condition values for a blued one with wood grips.
    My value books are outdated, and i have a chance to buy on in like new condition, but i think 529.00 is too pricey!
    By the way does any one have one , and what is your opinion?
    Also any one have one for sale?

Boolit Bub
    I don't have my value book handy but 529.00 sounds a bit high. Usually in the 300 to 400 range around here (and a lot of those don't sell). They are nice revolvers but I think many people are asking rather ridiculous prices. Does it have the box and manual with it?

Quote Originally Posted by desi23 View Post
    I don't have my value book handy but 529.00 sounds a bit high. Usually in the 300 to 400 range around here (and a lot of those don't sell). They are nice revolvers but I think many people are asking rather ridiculous prices. Does it have the box and manual with it?
    Thanks for the reply! No box or original papers included. I think you are right 400 bucks tops!
    I have looked on gun broker and most are going for 3 to 4 hundred! I think i will make a offer and see what happens!
    Thanks again!
    Jim

I bought mine two years ago for $200, in good condition. They are a nice shooter, but IMHO $529 is real steep.

They also have some quirks that must be noted or they can drive you crazy, the chambers are sometimes just a little tight and if you do not pay attention to seating the cartridge firmly in the cylinder you can get misfires, I have polished mine with flitz, and make sure to keep the chambers spotless, but it is necessary to firmly seat each cartridge before closing the action. I do so by dropping in all nine rounds and then running my thumb over each one feeling it bottom out and seat as it is supposed to. I have been a 999 fan for over fifty years, and when you know their quirks they are hard to beat.
    Last edited by claude; 11-10-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Boolit Master

My first Handgun back in the early 1970's ! But long gone ,sold to get a K22
    100 % $525
    98 % $450
    95 % $375
    90 % $300
    80 % $265
    70 % $225
    60 % $195
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 11-10-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Boolit Buddy

I had two near-mint H&R Model 999s but sold them many years ago during a patch of financial distress. Very nice guns and I'd love to replace at least one, but prices - as others have observed - have gotten stupidly high over the years.

Best regards
    Doc

Thanks for all the replies. Well, i bought it for 475.00! This is a 98% condition firearm, and shoots well.
    Did not want to pay that much, but overall i am happy.

I got one and I have not shot it and brand new.But use the case for my other gun I use in my trap line.I have some told me if I want to sell it they woulb buy it but I am not going to sell.I won it at a raffle at a trapping convention and it was really the only thig I really won . Also the place It was made when i was a kid many years ago we use to drive by the plant in Gardner,MA also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Nice revolvers with a unique action. The only issue I had was losing the rear sight blade... several times! Found some generic replacements though.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

[QUOTE=Uncle Grinch;3036693]Nice revolvers with a unique action. The only issue I had was losing the rear sight blade... several times! Found some generic replacements

Yep rear sight loose when i bought it and came loose again when i shot it, a dab of locktite may be in order.

Boolit Buddy
    I seen one about two weeks ago for 299.00 in real nice condition. didn't have the extra money at the time.