Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next Arizona Shoot - let's try it again!

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Artful:

Do they have target stands and cardboard?

What is the cost to shoot?

• Range Hours

Winter Hours
      October 3rd to April 30th
      Friday......8 am - 2 pm
      Saturday..8 am - 2 pm
      Sunday....8 am - 2 pm

Summer Hours
      May 1st to October 2nd
      Friday......7 am - 1 pm
      Saturday..7 am - 1 pm
      Sunday....7 am - 1 pm

• Daily Public Fee

Adults $7.00
      Active Military $5.00
      Active Law Enforcement $5.00
      Under 18 - FREE

• Trap & Skeet Fee

$7.00 per round General Public
      $6.00 per round Youth, Active Military and BSC Members

• Payment Options

At this time payment by cash or check only

Men, women and children of all ages and all experience levels are welcome.
      Trained Range Safety Officers are on the firing line at all times.

Eye and ear protection is required while on the range.

Rifles, handguns, and shotguns using slugs are allowed on the range. However, no .50 BMG, and no buckshot or birdshot is allowed.

RANGE SAFETY RULES:

1. All firearms must be cased or holstered prior to entering the range.
      2. Shooters and observers are required to wear hearing protection and eye protection at all times, beyond the designated area, during live fire periods*.
      3. Removing firearms from a case or holster can only be done at the shooting bench with muzzles pointed down-range and only during live fire periods.
      4. Firearms are not to be handled during a cease fire period** for any reason.
      5. Uncased rifles placed in a rifle rack must be unloaded with magazines clear or removed and actions open.
      6. Live fire is permitted when safe conditions exist and only when directed by the Tower over the loudspeaker and the flashing red light is turned off.
      7. Muzzles must always be pointed down range, directed at the backstop while on the shooting bench.
      8. Firearms must be kept unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
      9. During a cease fire period, shooters are to stay behind the yellow safety line unless picking up brass or downrange checking targets.
      10. During live fire periods shooters are to stay behind the red firing line.
      11. Carrying firearms between shooting benches must be carried, unloaded, with the muzzles pointed up and actions open.
      12. Discharging your firearm is to be directed into the earthen backstop only.
      13. Persons who have been consuming alcohol or are under the influence of drugs are prohibited from shooting. Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on all ranges at the Joe Foss Shooting Complex.
      14. Following these rules while using the range is mandatory. Violators may be asked to correct unsafe shooting activities and may be asked leave the facility if not in compliance, and may also be subject to criminal and/or civil sanctions.
      15. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBITY. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT SHOOTING AND YOU SEE AN UNSAFE ACT, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT IT TO A RANGE OFFICER.

live fire periods
      * – are periods when shooters may fire downrange as directed by the Tower and the red light has been turned off.

cease fire period
      ** -are periods when shooters may not handle firearms and the flashing red light is on.

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    That web link above does not work on either of my computers or iPad.

banger
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

A Big Thank You to Larry Gibson who drove from Lake Havasu, Echo who drove up from Tucson and NewbieDave007 who brought his family out to the Joe Foss Range.

They have a nice 200 yard Square range out there off I-85

Nice Benches and plenty of them under shade with sturdy seating.

Echo making all the bullets touch

Larry Gibson confusing the range office with his high tech rifle
    And Dave having the whole family taking turns killing the Javelina

Wind came up about noon making it tough to bughole them on a moving targets.

We were told of two recommended eateries by the office lady and choose to try the
    Mexican - lots of food for not too much money and big glasses for the Soda.

Left for home by 2:30 pm it's about 2 hours back to 60/202 Tempe interchange from the range.

I'm thinking next meet up at the same range as the Range Master/Officers were so nice as is the facility - they even said if we'd give them a date/time and the number of confirmed shooters they would reserve shooting lanes next to each other away from the other shooting lanes.

- I'm hoping to see more faces.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

That looks like it was a good time. Only a five hour drive for me.

Larry can correct me but I think 3 hours for him - I have to get an award for person driving longest distance to these shoots. 3rd Quarter (summer) I'm planning either Flagstaff or Payson
    - If you want to take a vote on it - put in your preferences on the new thread.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ey-off-I-85%29
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Free food in Payson!!!!! I loves ta eat!

Got reeeeeeely sick Friday and could not make it. But I was there in spirit. Looks like a nice clean place.

banger

Sorry, i was pretty well laid up in bed. Have been mostly bed ridden the last couple weeks.
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234