Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: lost my papaw, please pray for my family and me

lost my papaw, please pray for my family and me

this morning at around 9;15 my papaw passed away , he would have been 85 in january. doctors said they did all they could. there is a long story but i just cant type it now , my momma is taking it harder than anyone so far and i think she is waiting on her brother b4 they tell my mamaw. i lost both my grandparents on my dads side in 99, it is a bad feeling. but i know he was a man that had JESUS in him , i dont know of any , i mean any that could say a harsh word about him. he will be missed badly, but i do know he is with JESUS now and his family and friends that has gone b4.
    i have been very sick and still am so i might not reply for a while but please pray for us all. thank you, i put this here as i feel like youall on this site is family, even tho i never met or even taked to some i still think of youall as family. may GOD BLESS
    thank you all.
    Darrell

I will be praying for you and your family.
    Bobby
    Bobby

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss Bobby.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Banned

Praying for you and your family. Sounds like a great man and look forward to seeing him in heaven.

Boolit Master

O Lord, please look after all that want your blessings.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

Absent in the body but at home with the Lord! Speaks well of your family that you are so close. Prayers for MaMaw and you friend!

Boolit Master
    Darrell,
    You and your family will be in my prayers. Good men are hard to come by these days, so we share some in your loss.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss Darrell
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master
    Sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for you and your family for strength thru these times.

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family.

Boolit Master

Will most certainly pray for you and your family brother
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I want to thank each and every one of you, it is tough, but your prayers and thoughts has helped more than any of you know. I pray that GOD will bless each and every one of you in a special way more than any can imagen.
    my mamaw is doing better than i thought so far, they got married in may of 49, and i could probably count the days on one hand that they wasnt together since then. they never had a fight, sure they might have dissagreed at some things thats natural , but i remember one day a person ask mamaw if they ever had a fight , she said no, the person said thats hard to believe , mamaw said well i start at one end of the tobaccow patch and him at the other , and by time we meet in the middle were too tired to fight.
    my papaw told me about a year or so ago when mamaw was in the hospital, he was crying cause he missed her so bad , he looked at me and said she is my sweetheart. and they truely was , sweethearts.
    i couldnt bring myself to go to the funeral, but there was about 200 people there from knoxville , my cousin from texas, friends from north and south carolina,,, they just had grav e side services and the preacher was just a teen when he first met my papaw, his papaw was our preacher then , he was a great man too and him and papaw and mamaw were the best of friends, but he passed away a couple years ago but his grandsom learnt the old fashoon way , and was called by GOD to be a preacher, he is a great mam, and today at the service he told everyone if hoover (my papaw) would have ever called and woke him up and told him the sun was blue , he said he would not have even looked to see , he said he would know it was because my papaw was so honest.

im sorry bout the long reply, i guess i just wish in a way you all could have known him. there just dont seem to be many of the good simple hard working honest TRUE CHRISTIAN'S left like i grew up with.
    ill quit before i wear this keyboard out, and any and all prayers will surely be very much appriciated.
    i hope all has the best week you have ever had and ill say again , may GOD put a special blessing on every one of you.
    thank you all my brothers.
    take care, GOD BLESS
    Darrell

Boolit Master

Knee mail sent
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Sorry about your heavy loss and of the families. You sure are a good man from a fine family, lead by God.

Moderator Emeritus

Darrell, I know how special grand dads can be....you have my sympathies and my prayers.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I want to thank each and every one of you, it means so much to me and my family.
    i told my mamaw of this and that some of the best people from all over the U.S and maybe even other places was praying, she smiled and said thanks . that made my day when i saw her smile again.

i want to say it is hard but at the same time i know papaw is home.
    i also know there is others going thru it too, loosing loved ones is hard , but if you know they was right with the LORD , that is a great feeling.
    again thank you all. hope all has a great day and a great week. take care. thanks again my friends, my brothers.
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell

My own father is having health issues, though for now he is still with us, but I read postings such as yours and I am forced to wonder how I will prevail when his time comes. I can offer up a prayer for you and your family with hope that mercy and grace are poured out from the Lord himself and comfort that you will see your father again. I am humbled by your expression of faith and I know the Lord is well pleased with the legacy your father left.
    BullFrog

The Lord is my rock and my salvation

Joel 2:28-32

In Remembrance

Prayers sent, words fail me.