Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: bacon wrapped venison

Boolit Master

bacon wrapped venison

whats for dinner venison Attachment 120789
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Vendor Sponsor

Yummmmmm!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

that was the best dinner i ever had was also from my son's first Deer that maybe why
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Moderator Emeritus

Oh sure and all I had was a slab of spam on a bun and tomato soup... but it warmed me up after being out in that cold wind all afternoon.

Boolit Buddy
    That looks so delicious!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Oh sure and all I had was a slab of spam on a bun and tomato soup... but it warmed me up after being out in that cold wind all afternoon.
    Spam sammich's are one of my favorites. Way I figure it we ALL better be gettin' to like Spam the way this govt. is stealin' from us. I usually keep several cans "in stock" at my compound.

Moderator Emeritus

had spam and scrambled eggs for supper. Need to grocery shop! Out of chicken for some variety from hamburger. Get a quarter of beef next month so will have steaks again! Always comes down to about 20 pounds of hamburger to go through at the end of a beef order.

Boolit Buddy
    anybody got a good easy collards recipe? i decided to try to grow it this year along w/my usual spinach crop. learned to like em when feeding em to inmates. i think all they did was boil em for a few hours and slop em onto a plate. my son has a bacon/onion/garlic recipe he uses and its damn good but takes awhile top prep. also for chard? thanks.

while on the subject..........speaking of spam. back in the 50s my mom used to feed us kids spam sammiches for lunch during the summer months a lot and one day my dad found out and gathered up all the cans of spam and chucked em out the back door. said he spent enough time in the navy during WW2 eating that **** and he wouldn't have it in the house anymore again. ever. we waited till he calmed down and left and gathered up the cans and sold em to the bums downtown for a nickle a can. or a hot can of beer or whatever. my wife tells my kids " and this is why your father is like he is, don't be like him". too late now, they're all grown and gone.
    Last edited by sergeant69; 12-11-2014 at 04:25 AM.
    ROF....Retired Old Fart
    Lincoln freed the slaves, obama freed the terrorists
    the wishbone will never replace the backbone

Moderator Emeritus

I treat younger chard like spinach, as it gets older I simmer it in soups to make it tender. Real young chard shoots are good raw just like spinach in a salad.