Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you mix your lube in?

Boolit Grand Master

I normally make Emmerts Improved lube. I use a bread pan and a smaller one as a double boiler to melt and mix the ingredients on the stove. I am considering a crock pot though.

Boolit Master
    I just recently made my first batch of Bens Red. I found an old slow cooker. This thing is so old it has the cloth covered wireing! The great thing is it has infinite heat control. From barely above room temp to hot enough to melt lead. I put all the ingredients except the beeswax into the slow cooker on a medium heat and melted the beeswax in a separate double boiler to avoid burning it. When the Lucas and other ingredients were softened up and warmish I added the beeswax and whisked it all together. Worked splendid and not much smell. Poured some into the Lyman 450 and the rest into a foil pan for later use. No fuss, no muss and only about $10 invested in cooking implements which I can use again. Audie...the frugal Oldfart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12