Load DataWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: for when your enemy is amped up on crank

In Remembrance
    I mught have to be amped up on crank to pull the trigger on a 2 bore. lol

As I said unless the rules have changed, I know 1996 at that time any shotgun RIFLED bore over .750" was considered a distructive device and did take a NFA (?) form.

Just did a quick search and couldn't find any rifled shotgun barrels for 10ga., seen lots for 12 and 20.

There are always exemptions as you posted, and there must have been some legal ramifcations or you wouldn't have gotten a lawyer to CYA.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Up until a couple years ago Ithaca was making a 24", 10ga fully rifled slug barrel for the MAG-10. Not a destructive device because it is recognized for "sporting purposes" again it has nothing to do with caliber/gauge/bore were shotguns are concern, the law actually says "more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7mm)". If it wasn't for the next line specifically about shotguns/shotgun shells every shotgun above .500" would be a destructive device. You aren't arguing with me..."except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes." 26 U.S.C. § 5845 ...you are arguing with the Federal Gov't, that is the law Quoted exactly as they wrote it, passed it and published it.

As for a Lawyer, any smart man who owns a business now days, especially a gun business, needs to put a lawyer between himself and the Gov't. One of the worst things a man can hear in life is " I'm from the gov't and I'm here to help you." I have several LLC's and I do everything in my power to keep the Gov't as far away from them as possible, putting a lawyer between me and the gov't is just one more barrier. It's just smart business no matter what business you are in.

Have you ever asked yourself how come it is that the.577NE, .585, .600NE, the .700NE, the .750NE the 8 Bore, the 4 Bore and a whole mess of other calibers above .500" are all legal to own??
    Last edited by StolzerandSons; 12-10-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123