Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convection toaster oven or regular?

Boolit Mold
    Well, $47 seems very good price to me. If it sells on Amazon, I will like to buy one!
    Last edited by grmaryp3; 10-15-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Boolit Master

mine was the cheapest toaster oven at WallyWorld; thinking $19

has worked like a charm. Can do 150+ per load which is more than I can load on the next tray while the first one is doing its 20 minute cook
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I'm giving up my toaster for convection and haunted goodwill/salvation army/2nd hand stores until I found one like this.

the heating unit and side cover lift off giving full access to the rack area - much easier to stack on then putting in the tray and then moving the tray.
    They have something like this at Walmart for 39.00 if i remember. Will check in the morn.

My oven is a Delongie which my wife abandoned. It works great and all I am doing is turning it on at indicated 400F for 20 minutes.

I started preheating the boolits yesterday and the coverage is better, but so far I'm getting 95% perfect and 5% still usable, just not perfect. The Eastwood Gun works great and is very easy to use.

My oven is just a box with heating elements and I don't know if it is a convection oven or what. It has one heater on the bottom and one on the top for broiling. So I guess since the main heater is on the bottom it is a convection oven.

My .45 ACP boolits in Gloss Black look like the bumper nodes on a 57 Cadillac!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Convection will have a fan Buch.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Bub
    Walmart has what they call a Turbo convection oven for $29.00. Might have to try one!

In Remembrance

I was given a convection oven recently and did not know what to do with it. Now I know.

Boolit Master
    Walmart has this one advertized, Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection Model 31121A $49.88. I can cook over 1200 bullets in mine as I use three racks. Mine is an older model, but has cooked thousands of bullets in the past years. It holds the temp and the dial is really close, but I always rely on my thermometer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    Walmart has this one advertized, Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Convection Model 31121A $49.88. I can cook over 1200 bullets in mine as I use three racks. Mine is an older model, but has cooked thousands of bullets in the past years. It holds the temp and the dial is really close, but I always rely on my thermometer.
    That's exactly the one I have and it works really well. I only cook one batch of about 4.5 pounds at a time....about 1kg. It could cook twice that easily. I recommend a good oven thermometer as it tends to run a little high. I put a PID on mine just to see what it was. As I said, I have this exact one....I get great results and it costs almost nothing.

As far as the convection part goes...the fans it has are really quiet. The room has to be almost silent to hear mine...so be careful. You may not think they're running when they really are.
    [

Boolit Buddy

I started with a regular oven that I got for free and it worked alright, found a delongi or delong whatever on craigslist for $30 it was pretty much brand new and it works like a charm holds temp great!! of course it could be a little bigger. If I find a full size convection for the right price its going in the garage!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    I started with a regular oven that I got for free and it worked alright, found a delongi or delong whatever on craigslist for $30 it was pretty much brand new and it works like a charm holds temp great!! of course it could be a little bigger. If I find a full size convection for the right price its going in the garage!
    One of my neighbors sold me a 30" convection wall oven for $30 when she remodeled her kitchen and it went into the garage for larger items. I made three more racks for it giving me a total of five racks just in case I decide to cast for a week or more because that is what it would take to fill it up for one cooking.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I got a little toaster oven at a garage sale for ten bucks. Works fine.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I picked up an Oster Convection Oven at Best buy. Got it on sale but now they are $50.00. Model TSSTTVF816. Checked it with my thermometer and the dial its not that far off. Added an extra pan in the bottom to buffer the heat from the element.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12