Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 BLK mold...Lee TL309-230-5R

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	124817I have had nothing but great luck with the 230... The only problem I am having is its only 2 cavities.... I wish Lee offered it in a 6 cavity. I do have the NOE 5 cavity 247 PB on order.

I am running a 16 inch barrel .. Pistol length gas system... All have been powder coated.. 100% cycling, BHO on last shot... Using 4227 @ 10.7 grains...

Forming the brass has been slow and I have completed 2K of a 6K batch. I have another 400 rounds for the kids to play with this weekend. As far as accuracy goes they hit a 8 inch round @ 50 yards using a Red Dot with no problem.. They are happy... I am tired..

Boolit Master

You can start with around 12gr of RL-7, should provide functioning in an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Beesdad View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	124817I have had nothing but great luck with the 230... The only problem I am having is its only 2 cavities.... I wish Lee offered it in a 6 cavity. I do have the NOE 5 cavity 247 PB on order.

I am running a 16 inch barrel .. Pistol length gas system... All have been powder coated.. 100% cycling, BHO on last shot... Using 4227 @ 10.7 grains...

Forming the brass has been slow and I have completed 2K of a 6K batch. I have another 400 rounds for the kids to play with this weekend. As far as accuracy goes they hit a 8 inch round @ 50 yards using a Red Dot with no problem.. They are happy... I am tired..
    They have made them, and will sell you one on request. I've been tempted for several of their designs. I'm also tempted to cut mine down to a 5r profile flat base 168 grainer and see how it does in 30-06 / 308 win. If that works well, I will cut down a 6 cav version and make a mold I would get a lot of enjoyment from.
    In the market for a multicavity Mi-Hec 9mm HP mold.

I presently cast for .380 ACP, 9mm, .38/.357, 30 cal and .45 and 12 Ga slug.
    I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12