Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: reload die modofocation

Boolit Buddy

reload die modofocation

I have aquired an 8mm-06 AI that AI really messed up the works on reload die $$$. I can acquire a used set of 06 AI rcbs dies for little$. I am contemplating opening up the neck portion of them to accommodate the 8mm bullet. How much brass spring back can be expected? What size is the neck portion of dies intended for 8mm rounds?
    I am kind of excited about the custom opportunity i have here, and the $130 price difference isn'tto bad either.Ihope to end up with a die set that doesnt overwork my necks Any helpis appreciated

Boolit Grand Master

If you have the tools instead of just opening it up to size necks, Why not find the neck shoulder junction distance from top of die and set it up for use as a neck bushing die. Bushing can then be bought or made in .001 increments and neck tension adjusted to what the rifle wants. Bore out to bushing dia + .0005-.001 clearence, Tap top portion of this hole. Turn up a plug to hold bushing with knurled top and threaded hole to hold deacapping rod. You ay also need to put a relieved area in the plug if case neck is longer than the bushings.