Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scored 8lb Bullseye!

Boolit Master

Scored 8lb Bullseye!

Finally scored a 8lb keg of Bullseye! Went to my favorite LGS to see what was on the shelf and as usual lately plenty of rifle powder but no pistol. As I asked if they knew of any coming soon, another customer in the store asked if I was looking for Bullseye. Of course I said yes, to which he replied I just left the other LGS and they have 2 8lb kegs. I called and asked if they would hold one for me, he said yes so I hot footed it over there and scored. It ended up costing just shy of $23/lb but I don't think it'll get back to $18/lb so I felt very fortunate.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    It better come in at well less than 18 per lb when sold in an 8 lb. keg when the panic's over. Otherwise you're getting screwed. Just before the panic it was going for around 104-107 here. At 18 per lb. when sold 8 lbs. at a time a jug will go for 144, a little steep.

If you paid 184 for that 8 lb'er, well, you just made your dealer a very handsome profit at scalper's prices. Glad you found some.....but sorry about the price. That part wasn't good.

Boolit Master
    nope the new norm will be 18-20.00 even 22-25.00 for a pound of Alliant

In Remembrance
    Supply and demand, I doubt if it was under 23 bucks a pound here 6 years ago, if there even was any. I picked up a couple aof pounds last month for 25 bucks a pound and was glad to get it.

Boolit Master

I picked up 2 lbs Friday. $18.95/lb plus tax.

Boolit Grand Master
    So much for the dire predictions of the "new norm." Note that's the one pound price, not the 8 lb. price in cost per pound.

I think it would be good to realize......there are people who are scalping you, and people who aren't. It pays to be aware of the difference.

"I doubt if it was under 23 bucks a pound here 6 years ago."

Well, you were getting screwed then, too. I guess that might be your norm, but that doesn't prevent it from being scalping.

Boolit Master

Not trying to justify how much I spent for the powder but......I'm at 22.75/lb out the door, BK7 paid 18.95 plus tax. Since I don't know the sales tax rate for that purchase we are not too far apart, maybe $16-18 different for 8lb. Granted it would have been great to get a better price for the 8lb but it's, at least in my opinion, a far cry from "scalper prices." Keep in mind everything is more expensive in California compared to middle America but thankfully less than our buddies in the great state of Alaska.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Price on new stock here in Canada is roughly increased $10.00 a lb. over pre hoard pricing. That puts most of our powders over $40.00 a lb. Without so much as a kiss at the till?

Banned
    Setting the price issue aside for the moment, it's encouraging to see an increased number of reports from people actually seeing pistol powders for sale. When people finally decide that the 200lbs + of powder stashed in their closets and safe deposit boxes may be just barely enough to hold them till next Saturday.......perhaps the supply will catch up with demand. It's a very safe bet that IF that happens the price will come down and the availability will go up.
    I don't want to say that we've turned a corner but is encouraging to see more powder available at the retail level.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    prices are all over the place; some held old prices while most have increased their prices
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

When you haven't seen any pistol powders for almost a year on any shelf, you will pay $28 a pound and be glad to get it. I have been paying $18 for 50 rounds of .40 S&W just to shoot. I would like to hold out for it to get back to $18 a pound but honestly I could not afford to. So I paid $28 a pound for Unique since it was the first pistol powder I had seen in some time. And I was glad to get it. I overpaid for the powder, but I will save so much over buying the Federal rounds I have been shooting that I really did not have an option. I will try to hold out for better prices now that I have some powder to reload, but I will pay $28 a pound again if that is all I can find. Maybe I am part of the problem with me willing to pay the high price, but I cannot afford to keep shooting without reloading.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Master

I'd give my..well I'm not sure how much or what I'd give but I would gladly pay what you did or even probly as high as 50 USD more. I think you made a great score. I have lots of toys with an appetite for bullseye, .45s and 38s and I cast and load for the whole family as fas as pistol blasting ammo, so my old 8lbs has worked its way down to two or a little less since I've seen any for any price locally, great score.

Great find congrats, thats a lot of the magic Bullseye.

Boolit Master

Just purchased a 4 lb. jug of Alliant 20/28 for 66.99 or 16.75/lb. at the local gunshop. Bullseye would be the same price in the Alliant line of powders. Between shot and powder prices any time 20 ga. shotshells go on sale for $5./box I buy as many as I can. Reloading 20's cost me $4.76/box, so at $5. it's a no brainer.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

I bought 8 lbs Alliant Extralite for $109 in Mid to late Sept 2014. Clay Dot was the same price and Promo was a little less. I went back a day later and all of the 8 lb jusgs were gone.

Boolit Master

You got a 8 lbs jug, good for you. I got real lucky and found a 8 lbs jug of Unique for $130 that is 16.25/lb..I would have paid more but don't tell anyone that.

In Remembrance
    Most rifle powders here run 30 bucks a pound, when it is in stock. When it is in stock it hasn't for the last few years stayed over 2 days, except for bmg. When we do get 2400 and unique in it was 23.99, but the last I have seen on the shelf was a year ago, one day only.
    We also have a 2 pound limit at sporstmans or 3 pounds at the hardware store, so unless you take someone with you the most you will get is 3 pounds.
    We also do not have the luxory of ordering powder, or putting any on back order, we can have some shipped up on a barge, however finding over a 100 pounds from any supplier at one time is kind of a thing of the past.
    So when I find someone that has powder for 25 bucks a pound, I don't whine about they are screwing me.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday I paid 25.00 a pound for two one pound jugs of bullseye. That is the first time I have seen bullseye in over a year. I was tickled to get it. They had some one pound jugs of varget setting beside the bullseye at 30.00 per pound.
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Same here. Paid $25 each for 8 pounds of Bullseye and 8 pounds of Unique, and was proud to get it. That'll do me for the foreseeable future, I hope.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I stopped at one of our LGS here in southcentral Pennsylvania today and stumbled into a shelf full of Bullseye and 2400.
    The Bullseye was $22.99/lb and 2400 was $23.99/lb.

I bought a pound of each...there were 2 lbs of 2400 and about 6-7 pounds of Bullseye on the shelf after I bought mine.

First I have seen for quite some time. Sure would like to see some Unique...I still have a few pounds, but I would feel better if it were readily available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast