Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Universal/Hollywood Gun Shop Press Timeline

Universal/Hollywood Gun Shop Press Timeline

Thought I would come out of my Hollywood closet and show what "Most" of the Hollywood presses produced look like next to each other and in order of production.. ( at least as far as I can determine)

Missing is the last variations of the Senior turret, progressive's, auto's & now the Tall 20mm senior.

Note .. All the top 16 presses are bolted down and in use, set up for 30 calibers with Hollywood dies. The rest are for displaying Hollywood tooling and other period pieces.

Any new info or suggested corrections welcomed.

HGS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5634.jpg 
Views:	3151 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	120256

Okaaaaay .... I am speechless .....
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master
    Awesome HGS, I love that display!

WHAT A COLLECTION!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Can I come over and coonfinger those?
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Hi HGS,
    I think you just made LubeDude come to Jesus! As they used to say when I was a boy in Georgia!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    In all my Years Of Loading. Most People might have 1 or 2 . It is Truly a fantastic collection
    Close up would be appreciated
    Thanks For sharing
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Bub
    I think I just got a woody lol

In Remembrance
    Man, you would think you could trade all that old stuff and get something more modern, maybe a lee classic cast or something. Just drooling here.

Wow Now that I have seen this why did they go out of business?
    do you have more money and time into your press collection or guns I have to ask.

Boolit Master

HGS, you looking for an adult son to adopt?
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Now we know where the Hollywood museum is .... How much do you charge for admission ?
    (why is it always the quiet ones ?) ...
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Banned
    I will add to the collection a Hollywood that some scoundrel sniper beat me out of on fleabay two years ago. It is a Universal with a brass Hollywood name tag over the center handle hole. This could possibly be the first Hollywood. Or maybe it is not, just a late Universal.
    Ken

Name:	$(KGrHqNHJBME9!HCynGPBPV-yc(!7!~~60_12.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	120291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqIOKigE6(RzCgqVBPV-yY2wZQ~~60_12.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	120292

HGS, what is your address? If you wake up one morning and they're all gone, it wasn't me! I think you could sell all those and use the money to start up Hollywood again, and still have money left over! I am so jealous.
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Nice!!!

Boolit Buddy
    HGS, I think you should change your forum name to "Mr. Hollywood".

Boolit Master

I want that tall one in the middle!!!!!
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Thanks Guys;

These Hollywoods are set up for display and use if one is so inclined. I do most of my loading/reloading tasks in my cave with other Presses and tooling. I do use an almost new condition HW single senior and a 2nd model 1935 universal 3 holer on one of my benches for odd loading chores.

LUBEDUDE; Willing to trade Finger for Finger as your HW collection is just as impressive. I would be all over your presses like a blind man with a Bim-Bo.

Beroen; Must be presses as I have been shooting the same .06 now for 50 years.

Ken; Close, but no Cigar. My first press has no Hollywood tags or markings, and it is not a patented 1935 Universal. It is a Selmar Siebert Universal made in the early 1930's. No hole for handle or handle as they did not show up until siebert redesigned it as his Patented 1935 model.

HGS

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beroen View Post
    Wow Now that I have seen this why did they go out of business?
    do you have more money and time into your press collection or guns I have to ask.
    Sadly, the Shop Fire they had in September or October 2013 left them with no currently usable Shop (Red Tagged by the Building and Safety Inspector), no Power (It was CUT by Dept. of water And Power at the request of the Fire Department) and no access to start Clean up until they got a permit, which took about three weeks, so the stock which was stored in old Bread pans was rusted by the time they could gain access.

The Roof colapsed onto the tops of the machine tools venting the heat away from most of them, but it took a few months to get all the burned/melted roofing and wood residue out of the way, then they found the rusted Stock and Inventory. At taht point, clearing the space became necessary and all the Tools and machinery were sold to a Dealer and removed, except one 12 inch by 57 inch Craftsman Commercial Lathe I bought and am slowly restoring to usable condition, it is now about 70 percent disassembled and about 25 percent cleaned and primed parts waiting for replacements and reassembly.

The Property they Occupy is 'on the Market' for Sale as his Wife and Daughter want to sue the money from the sale to buy a Home, they are living in a rental 'condo' at the moment.

Joe is still putting together cleaned up parts into a few remaining Presses and Dies so If you need something, please call him to check on what is available.
    There is now a Temporary Power Drop on site so he can use hand tools and small power tools on site now. He is there most days of the Week, puttering and caring for their two dogs.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 10-27-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    Thought I would come out of my Hollywood closet and show what "Most" of the Hollywood presses produced look like next to each other and in order of production.. ( at least as far as I can determine)

Missing is the last variations of the Senior turret, progressive's, auto's & now the Tall 20mm senior.

Note .. All the top 16 presses are bolted down and in use, set up for 30 calibers with Hollywood dies. The rest are for displaying Hollywood tooling and other period pieces.

Any new info or suggested corrections welcomed.

HGS

Name:	DSCN5634.jpg 
Views:	3151 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	120256
    HGS, Sorry for throwing that 20mm senior into the loop!!! Question on the powder drops. Are all of plastic tubes identical in diameter? I have some of the later powder measures that have 2 different diameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracvision View Post
    HGS, Sorry for throwing that 20mm senior into the loop!!! Question on the powder drops. Are all of plastic tubes identical in diameter? I have some of the later powder measures that have 2 different diameters.
    Tracvision;

I measured all of my hollywood powder measure's and found that the second model tubes measures at 1.95" and the rest all come out at 2.00".

You might check with Lubedude as he posted pictures of his HW auto seniors powder measures which are different then the powder measures that I have.

HGS

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HGS View Post
    Tracvision;

I measured all of my hollywood powder measure's and found that the second model tubes measures at 1.95" and the rest all come out at 2.00".

You might check with Lubedude as he posted pictures of his HW auto seniors powder measures which are different then the powder measures that I have.

HGS
    I'm getting two different sizes also.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast