Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: anyone have a Beretta 1950 , 22 short?

anyone have a Beretta 1950 , 22 short?

Of course I paid too much , but I really liked it. Paid $399 very nice condition.

Owen

I used to have one, super cute little pistol. Mine ran like a sewing machine, nothing but fun. Why did I sell that thing again???
    Congrats on the pick up!

I have to get mine out and shoot it someday. Thanks for the reminder. Now where can I buy some 22 shorts?
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Boolit Grand Master

I shot myself with one in 1972 or so... shot the darn thing at a 55 gallon drum and the bullet bounced off and hit me in the chest. Stung like crazy! I rapidly traded it off for a 25 with a little more punch. It was fun to shoot though.

The fish should have been shot from the top. LOL.

Boolit Buddy
    I grew up shooting one and it is still in the family. Just happened to stock on 22 shorts before all this happened. $35.00 per brick for Remington high velocity, 29 grain. Picked up older stock in Winchester and Remington at the same time for $27.50 a brick. Went looking for another of the same to shoot my own stash of shorts about 5 years ago or so and was told to expect $400 for 95% plus, you did OK. Original magazines are the item to have. Picked up an after market magazine and need to work on it, action won't close but it should be a simple fix. It is used every year!!!

Boolit Master

I miss the one I used to have. Even with those silly little sights, I could cut off dandelion stems a few feet away. Then shorts got expensive and I traded the little beauty away.

You'll enjoy yours.

I had one I bought in 1966, paid $37 new. Ran fine, but couldn't figure out a use for it.

Boolit Buddy

You couldn't pry my Beretta Minx from me. Sweet little pistol! These little jewels have an inertia firing pin, just like a 1911. Beretta doesn't recommend it, but they are safe to carry with one in the barrel, hammer down.

I took a picture. I only shot it for three shots, quite accurate. I can't wait until I can buy ammo. again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1950 Beretta.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	121405

Boolit Master
    i have a 948 type in 22LR, and had a 70-S in 22LR long ago. beretta makes some really nice stuff, but the machining tolerances are so tight that the guns need to be oiled correctly.

Boolit Master

I bought a Beretta Minx in 1993 for the princely sum of $55 with the box as new. It shot excellently. In an absolute fit of stupidity I traded it off on a Ruger super redhawk. Still have some .22 shorts from when I owned it.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Buddy
    I have one that was given to me by a "non gun lover" I'd gladly trade it for a larger revolver .......... Does shoot nice though

Boolit Master

Note that I said I traded it off "on" a gun and not "for" a gun . And on second thought, I didn't trade it on my super redhawk, that one was an almost even-up trade for a used Browning BAR in .300 mag in which I got a little boot back and a brand new 7.5" barrel .44 mag SR. I can't now remember what I traded the Minx on, but as I recall the trade value was $225 and I thought I was doin' good.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"