Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Another boot question

Boolit Master

Another boot question

I need/want another pair of upland style kangaroo hide boots. I don't want or need insulated boots but think I'd like them gore-tex lined. Here's my problem. The only pair of gore-tex lined boots I've ever had came from Cabela's and they squeak, squak and squall so badly they are useless for any kind of hunting that requires one to be the least bit quiet. They did this right out of the box. Don't tell her I said this but even my 62 year old wife can hear me squeaking and sqawking at the far-end of the house. Has anyone had any experience with Cabela's 9" Upland Kangaroo Traditions Hunting Boots
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...AL%3BIK-813967

OR
    similar boot from LL Bean http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/13580?feat=57630-pprrtop

I've contacted both companies and Cabela's basically tells me no guarantees...don't tell me if they've had any similar complaints.
    Bean says
    "Although I've never had a comment of this nature about these boots I can't guarantee that it won't happen. It can happen to the best of boots but certainly not often. I can guarantee that if anything happens with these boots that impacts your satisfaction at any time during the reasonable life of the boots, as you define that, you can return them to L.L.Bean for refund or exchange."

Anyone here have experience with either product? Thanks and regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

I've no experience with those boots but I can tell you that Beans "say so" is good. To the point of being unreasonable.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Grand Master

LL Bean means what they say. Anything you are ever unhappy with for any reason they will take it back no questions asked. There are several ways to keep leather from squeaking. You might try Neatsfoot on them or sno-proof. There are several dressings to keep the leather supple and waterproof.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I have found anything with the Cabela's label is a complete waste money. They seem to make cheap knock versions of higher quality items.

Here are examples

Cabela's rubber boots. they barely lasted a season. I bought the Original Muckboot and have wore them several years, with no issues and I wear them daily.

Cabela's Anorak, suppose to be serious Ididiarod winter coat. It shrunk when I washed it. I switched to Carhartt.

I am sure there are other examples.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Buddy
    The boot oil that comes with my RedWing work boots seems to quiet them down though you got to oil them frequently at first.