MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found out I'm going to be a dad..

Found out I'm going to be a dad..

My wife just told me to be expecting baby number 1... Is it normal to be scared speechless?

43pu

Boolit Master

Yep 100% within spec. Good for you! Great news, its all about on the job training. Remember if its a girl she will compare every man to you for life, if its a boy he will learn from you how to treat the ladies in his life. No pressure. God bless you and your growing family.

Boolit Bub
    Thank God you are truly blessed

Boolit Master
    Congratulations. Blessings on you and yours.

In Remembrance
    Congratulations Being pop is what you make of it. Scared? You'll forget about that when you hold your first born(boy or girl won't matter). Just love and care for your Mrs. and children, the rest can be seen about as you go and learn. Best wishes to you and the MRS. Bare with Her as she will need the support.

Thanks friends I'm currently about 25 foot in a big red oak elk hunting in Harlan Ky and my wife Ashley sent me a picture of a pee stick and she said you better get one because soon you will be supporting 3 instead of 2

Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! Scared is normal and if you do it right it us one of the greatest gifts you will ever receive.

Boolit Master
    and should you think your not doing the job right....you aren't!!

there is NO handbook!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Yep 100% within spec. Good for you! Great news, its all about on the job training. Remember if its a girl she will compare every man to you for life, if its a boy he will learn from you how to treat the ladies in his life. No pressure. God bless you and your growing family.
    This is solid counsel! And it's very true !
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Congrads!!! You'll be scared and so will she, right up until the baby is born. Thats when you'll look back and wonder why the heck you bought all that stuff. Don't open it until you need it. You can return it and buy more diapers. Trust me on that one.
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Master

Congrats, my 1st is now 24, man time flies.
    If you think it is scary now, wait till the first dirty diaper.LOL
    There are many more scares to come, school, driving, dating and so on.
    Yall will be fine.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    My wife just told me to be expecting baby number 1... Is it normal to be scared speechless?

43pu
    Holy Cow! I know I would be. I've never wanted or had kids as I lack the "gene" I guess but Congratulations on that
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Congrats, I had my first in June. I wasn't scared but understand why some would be. It didn't hit me until I was holding him against my chest in the nursery. That's when I broke down. It's been a great experience so enjoy all of it. Plan on having no free time after the child is born

Boolit Master
    Nothings perfect and kids adapt. Have fun.

In Remembrance
    Guys either git a big grin or run when they are first told that, since you didn't run, I expect all will be all right. lol

Boolit Grand Master
    Yep, no handbook, just try your best and love them no matter what.

Mine came along late in life. Thought I would miss out on Fatherhood, but let me tell you, wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Boolit Master

Scared speechless? Ya think? Yeah, that's normal, but from this point on, normal is out the window! The adventure begins!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    Thanks friends I'm currently about 25 foot in a big red oak elk hunting in Harlan Ky and my wife Ashley sent me a picture of a pee stick and she said you better get one because soon you will be supporting 3 instead of 2
    Congrats and best wishes for your expanding family. How'd the rest of the hunt go? lol
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Congrats -
    Jim

Boolit Master

You will be fine. The fear will subside and in a few months you will be holding a small, fragile human being that wouldn't be here without you and is completely dependent upon you. Nope, no pressure at all! A new life is the greatest gift from above. Give your wife all the support you can muster, she will be needing it in the next few months. Congratulations!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast