Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Cast Pics Error???

Super Moderator

Cast Pics Error???

It's broken. Anyone else getting this? I'm in the load data look-up section. Can someone please fix it? Thanks.

Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Got the same message you did, Shooter AZ.

Boolit Master

I got the same error. I've already asked Wiljen about it. He's aware of the issue and plans to fix it. I think other obligations like a day job and a family are in the way right now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Super Moderator

Thats too bad. I find it to be quite useful.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Works for me.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Works for me.
    ??? I can access cast pics, but not the load data lookup section. You can access that one?

Boolit Buddy

I just checked the load data lookup and got the same error that everyone else is getting. There is a broken link between the search page and the database and until this link is corrected it will never work.

wcp

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Works for me.
    make it easy on us umm tech challenged folks amigo ! care to share your working link ? ( pretty please ? )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Super Moderator

Ummmm...Castpics needs your help???

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Old News: The "Load look up data base" has been down since the middle of May2014! No one can access it! It is not working.
    Wiljen is working on an upgrade but for now It ain't going to happen!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    make it easy on us umm tech challenged folks amigo ! care to share your working link ? ( pretty please ? )
    Just click on the icon at the bottom of the page.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

umm amigo ? there's no current icon on the bottom of this page to cast pics ( i could take a screen shot and show you but i know the icon you refer to ,it's on my home page ) and like many the data section doesnt work for me ,as JW posted above it hasnt worked for many of us for sometime ( i knew that before he posted it in fact ) and to be honest i was trying to rib ric a wee bit , in part for a grin and in part with high hopes ( with no expectations ) and i can admit it , i can only hope that my previous comment didnt add to anyone's frustration as that wasnt intended , but from a fresh log in to cast pics in a load data look up i still get this
    "Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file "

and i'm not geeky enough to work around that ,and believe you me i have tried
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Super Moderator

Yep, apparently old news. It seems as if Moderator Emeritus are only ones who can have access. I have access to Cast Pics, but not to the load data look-up section. Oh well...will consider this next Cast Pics fund drive.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    ??? I can access cast pics, but not the load data lookup section. You can access that one?
    I see the problem now, I just didn't try entering a load, and me, being me, I ignored the stuff in red.

I was going to put it all down to clean living, and being extremely personable.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Super Moderator

While being clean living, and and extremely personable, and very handsome, I would one up some $$$ if you guys get this fixed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Ummmm...Castpics needs your help???

Mighty nice of ya.

Andy