Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood gun shop senior turret

Boolit Master

If you have an extra Super Turret setting around, I would be interested in buying it.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Have had it in my watch list, since it was listed. Curious, as to what it sells for. I already have one in almost new condition. Take notice of the plum colored turret. Never seen one like this. It hasn't been refinished because I know the providence of this particular press. Was originally purchased by my BIL's father, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in the 70's. He used it exclusively for 12 gauge shotshell reloading. Sat in their basement for all those years, till I recently obtained it. All the holes are tapped for 1 1/2 inch dies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood press 1 (600x800).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	120137

Winelover

Boolit Bub
    Wine what are the holes in the side of the turret where the die holes are? Set screws? Also that turret looks thicker then an original Hollywood turret if those are CH press top bushings when screwed all the way down a little would be coming out of the bottom of the turret.That turret might not be an original Hollywood.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MDphotographer View Post
    I wanna be Team Hollywood too dammit lol
    If you're using the Beasts and/or collecting them, or making parts for folks, and/or educating them- well, you're Team Hollywood!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

And I was just going to ask that very same question ...
    one Hollywood senior owner (newby !) .....
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Go team hollywood!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Ha Ha, I don't know, but I sure might be interested. I need to get a couple of the universal shell holders ordered. I have several hollywood shell holders, but not for all calibers.
    Star, DO you need the shell holder, nut and collet? Or just the shell holder?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Have had it in my watch list, since it was listed. Curious, as to what it sells for. I already have one in almost new condition. Take notice of the plum colored turret. Never seen one like this. It hasn't been refinished because I know the providence of this particular press. Was originally purchased by my BIL's father, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in the 70's. He used it exclusively for 12 gauge shotshell reloading. Sat in their basement for all those years, till I recently obtained it. All the holes are tapped for 1 1/2 inch dies.

Name:	Hollywood press 1 (600x800).jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	120137

Winelover
    Wine, Is that patina or some type of coating. My Super turret has goldish? colored turret and parts. I have quite a few senior turrets from Hollywood Gun Shop but never saw that colored version. Me likes it !!!

In Remembrance
    I have quite a few different shell holders with the nuts. What I need to get is the universal adapter, so I can use rcbs style standard shell holders.

Boolit Bub

In Remembrance
    Thanks for the link. I had looked for them on their sire before, but didn't find them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Thanks for the link. I had looked for them on their sire before, but didn't find them.
    I have a box of shell holders / no nuts on the shelf Star. $10.00 each plus actual shipping. They will allow you to use the RCBS shell holders or others. snap in self centering.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracvision View Post
    I have a box of shell holders / no nuts on the shelf Star. $10.00 each plus actual shipping. They will allow you to use the RCBS shell holders or others. snap in self centering.
    I would gladly take a couple of them. PM incoming.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MDphotographer View Post
    Wine what are the holes in the side of the turret where the die holes are? Set screws? Also that turret looks thicker then an original Hollywood turret if those are CH press top bushings when screwed all the way down a little would be coming out of the bottom of the turret.That turret might not be an original Hollywood.
    The holes are indeed for set screws, to keep the bushing in place, after adjustment. The thickness of the turret is .889 inches. I have 4 original Hollywood flanged bushings (1.185" thick) and 4 CH unflanged bushings (1.372" thick). They all will extend bellow the bottom of the turret, if you so choose.

The turret is steel, hence a magnet will stick to it. However, it could be a different type and thus accepted the bluing process, differently. It's definitely not a patina, it's too uniform and quality is on par with the rest of the unit. I'm pretty sure is original, just a variation. This is to be expected, since they were hand made, not mass produced.

Winelover
    Last edited by winelover; 10-26-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Add info

Boolit Master
    Winelover, I agree with you, I believe that your Father in law stripped the paint off the turret and re blued it gone gone wild.

Here's why; the Bren Ten pistols from the eighties while only less than a 1000 were made, some of those slides and parts came out plum colored.

I may even have one in the safe, but they are all buried, as well as the safe!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Banned
    The purple color that sometimes shows up when bluing is a result of hard steel and the bluing salts not mixed correctly. That is really hard steel. The bren 10 slides would be a great example as are some rifle receivers.

Ken

Boolit Bub
    Is there any interest in Team Hollywood t-shirts? I'm thinking of doing a run if I can drum up enough people to make it feasible.

Boolit Bub
    Anyone who loves Hollywood equipment is a member of Team Hollywood. Owning one just means you get to learn the secret handshake.

Boolit Master
    I'd be up for a couple of shirts!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kitchen View Post
    Is there any interest in Team Hollywood t-shirts? I'm thinking of doing a run if I can drum up enough people to make it feasible.
    I would be in for a few shirts.

Name:	DSC01479.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	120912

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast