Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Hope this is appropriate to post. Anyone know where I can buy Trail Boss?

Boolit Buddy

Hope this is appropriate to post. Anyone know where I can buy Trail Boss?

Evidently I and a huge number of other folks too are looking for retailers with Trail Boss powder for sale. I called around several (but not all) dealers within 100 miles west of me and 200 miles east of me without any luck. If anyone knows of a stocked dealer I'd appreciate a PM to me with a name and contact information. If I have no other choice I'll pay a Hazmat shipping premium to get a 5 pound jug, which would last me for years. Moderators if I shouldn't be posting this, please remove this post and let me know I boobooed. Thanks everyone. Don

Banned

i'll leave it.

I dunno why you'd want it though, there are 50 other powders [okay,okay maybe just 20] that'll do the same thing cheaper, and with less pressure.

Boolit Master
    I couldn't get any today and we make it!!. Pat

Super Moderator

Tallbald, see if you can find any Unique powder. You will thank me later.

Unique is wonderful.....but not a substitution for Trail Boss. And I love em both.

jd

Boolit Buddy
    I appreciate the thoughts folks. I like Trail Boss. I also like pepperoncinis on my scrambled eggs but some folks don't. They are pricey, come in a small bottle and there are other hot peppers that might set nicely on top of my eggs. But I like the way they work for me and right now I see no reason to change how I make my eggs. Maybe later but not now. Don

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbald View Post
    I appreciate the thoughts folks. I like Trail Boss. I also like pepperoncinis on my scrambled eggs but some folks don't. They are pricey, come in a small bottle and there are other hot peppers that might set nicely on top of my eggs. But I like the way they work for me and right now I see no reason to change how I make my eggs. Maybe later but not now. Don
    I'm confused. Do you use the peppers in your powder or do you put the powder on your eggs?

Boolit Buddy
    Hahaha! I thought about eggs in my cases but expect they would be hard to ignite, and give inconsistent burn rates. Later. Don

Location?

If you tell us where you are located at least in a general area somebody may be able to point you in the right direction.

By the way I am not sure calling is the best idea, the way powder is selling.

The paces I find powder it moves so fast they do not need to actively sell it.

Boolit Master
    The main attribute of Trail Boss powder is that it will not allow double charges, esp. in pistol cases, other powders won't do that for you.

Boolit Buddy
    I apologize. I'm in Southern Kentucky, about 60 miles North of Nashville TN. I use light loads exclusively for now. They are the most comfortable for my wife and me. The Trail Boss is bulky and fills the case so much better than many powders. It meters well I read, and does well with cast bullets. It works so well for me, and the reduced risk of double charges comforts me. Small charges of the higher energy powders can, I read,set at one end or another of a case, affecting performance ( I have read such in many threads here and in other publications too). Quite simply I like the attributes of Trail Boss and have no reason to change at present unless it is completely unavailable.
    Thanks all. Don
    Last edited by Tallbald; 10-25-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Boolit Master

keep calling the shops. When you see it at one, you will see it at many. When the container arrives, everyone will get theirs, and it'll go fast. Keep your dollars ready and your eyes vigiallant.

I'm doing the same for 4198. I want 2 lb, and when I see it hit the shelves I will buy 10. Same reason. an IMR shipment just came through too because all my retailers now have 4350 and 4759. But not 4198. I guess it all went to commercial reloaders this batch.

But I am watching. and I am ready.