Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 PBcastco

Thread: Federal FLite COntrol wad load data

In Remembrance

Federal FLite COntrol wad load data

We have discussed this before, since a small supply of them became avaialble for reloaders. I believe the load was 29grs longshot?

But I found this:

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/s...34&postcount=9

Arent these the same wads? and therefore, isnt this more data:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flitecontrol data.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	119935

C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Master

C-
    I can't read the red page of that pic. As you know I have a supply of these wads and they seem to create really high pressure loads, although I have not tried them with alliant steel. The top portion of the wad has "wings" that open back toward the bore after it clears the barrel. I need data to load these though because of aforementioned pressure....and the sealing characteristics of the op section are suspect too.

Where were you getting the flite control wads?
    In the market for a multicavity Mi-Hec 9mm HP mold.

I presently cast for .380 ACP, 9mm, .38/.357, 30 cal and .45 and 12 Ga slug.
    I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

In Remembrance

ddhotbot@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GunFun View Post
    Where were you getting the flite control wads?
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

In Remembrance

this is the only data i recall seeing posted (not sure of source):

Hornady OO buck load is 9 - .320 plain lead balls in the flite control wad,
    32 grn Longshot, 209 primer in a
    straight wall hull,
    no buffer.
    He said NOT to shoot them in overchoke tubes beyond standard full choke because of thickness of wad.

Thanks guys. I'm most interested in data for #4 buck at ~1400 FPS. I know that's a long shot but it would be a deal maker for me.
    In the market for a multicavity Mi-Hec 9mm HP mold.

I presently cast for .380 ACP, 9mm, .38/.357, 30 cal and .45 and 12 Ga slug.
    I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

Boolit Buddy
    I would doubt the Load was 29 Grains of Longshot, as it's a bit fast. It could be Primex 513 or 514, Lilgun could be used depending on the Shot weight. It would be hard to see the Difference in the Powders, and could get You in Trouble using a Factory weight charge. Some can be converted.
    Greg
    AKA 12 Bore

In Remembrance

yeah. i basically haven't done anything w these wads. I haven't been able to verify any kind of data, and not too much room for error w shotgun pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by cpileri View Post
    yeah. i basically haven't done anything w these wads. I haven't been able to verify any kind of data, and not too much room for error w shotgun pressures.
    Trade ya some lage uniwads for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk