• Yea

69 75.82%
  • Nay

22 24.18%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Developing an AR/MSR subforum within the Factory Rifle forum

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Basically anything like that or even the discussion of what could be done was nixed from the beginning. I think a guy could get further with Harry Reid.
    Yes, the thought process is a very old idea......and political in nature, which is basically "Not invented here". Basically, if they didn't think of it and don't want it, we aren't going to get it.................
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 10-30-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Love Life
    Calling an AR military surplus is like calling a a countersniper scope a military over run optic.

Where can I buy some of those Military surplus selective fire AR's?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Calling an AR military surplus is like calling a a countersniper scope a military over run optic.

Well that's why they should be in the factory rifle forum. Oh wait, I built mine so it should be in the special projects forum. I bought a lower that is registered as a pistol so that one belongs in the Wheelguns/Pistols/Hand Cannons forum. Unfortunately I have to fill out a second form that goes to the PA State Police when purchasing a handgun. In the eyes of the law it's a handgun, not a rifle. Ahh screw it, I will just post in the military rifle forum since that makes the most sense.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Well that's why they should be in the factory rifle forum. Oh wait, I built mine so it should be in the special projects forum. I bought a lower that is registered as a pistol so that one belongs in the Wheelguns/Pistols/Hand Cannons forum. Unfortunately I have to fill out a second form that goes to the PA State Police when purchasing a handgun. In the eyes of the law it's a handgun, not a rifle. Ahh screw it, I will just post in the military rifle forum since that makes the most sense.
    And that encapsulates the argument for a subforum perfectly.

Now perhaps I am off to browse the blackpowder paper patch forum, because I am interested in them and don't know enough to even ask a question yet much less search for anything specific. Good think I have a titled forum to go to to find out about them, because I am sure they are fascinating and I like learning about all things firearm related.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

If you run across some do let me know. There is lunch and big kiss in it for you.

Love Life
    I literally laughed out loud.

Boolit Master
    Since you built it yourself it should be in the "Gunsmithing Tips & Tricks" sections to show others how to built.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Since you built it yourself it should be in the "Gunsmithing Tips & Tricks" sections to show others how to built.

It has already been declared that building an AR is not gunsmithing.

Even if I machined the lower myself, blended the feed ramp area of the upper and machined the ejection port so it feeds/ejects the bigger round, then sent both off for anodizing? Plus assembly.

Boolit Master

...and don't forget trueing the barrel extension to the upper receiver...but that's not gunsmithing either...

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Now I feel bad, I thought I was a good self taught gunsmith. Does changing barrels, springs and connectors in a Glock count?
    It has already been declared that building an AR is not gunsmithing.

Boolit Master

oh no...only if you do it on a 1911... I swapped grips on one of my 1911s and that put me in the gunsmith inner circle..than I actually chambered a 400 Corbon barrel to a 1911 slide...

Banned

All I see here is complaining and sarcasm. I think this discussion has run its course. Can we get a mod to weigh in and give us some insight, on the behind the scenes on this please ? Is it being discussed or has it been decided?

Andy

The ar subforum is at doe run with all the 22lr
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master

The last couple of pages belong in "Humor & Off Topic"
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Perhaps the sarcasm being shown by our threads is due to the inability of a moderator actually making a presence known on this thread. Instead we have seen former moderators making their august presence and opinion known from on high as well as folks who choose not to address the issue of modern sporting rifles being considered a viable discussion point.

A discussion past "It ain't gonna happen." is not a worthwhile discussion between adults.

Bruce

Boolit Grand Master
    Where did anyone say "modern sporting rifles" are not a viable discussion point?

The point is not the value of the discussion but rather the merits of a separate sub forum for said discussion.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Love Life
    We should all take it to the beyond 5.56 forum which is the largest game of electronic tummy sticks in recorded history.

Boolit Master

LL,

Good Lord, you want all to start running around in tacti-cool camouflage and kneepads arguing over the merits of M193 versus M855A ammo?

Bruce

Boolit Master

Look back at the beginning when runfiverun commented on the beginning of the other thread and Waksupi commented at the beginning of this thread of their opinion regarding and these modern rifles.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-AR-Form/page2 - R5R

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast