Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: NEW 8mm Mauser PP mold from Accurate

In Remembrance

NEW 8mm Mauser PP mold from Accurate

My talking with Tom at Accurate Molds has resulted in his listing a new 8mm Mauser paper patch mold in his online catalog on page 2. The mold is listed as #32-200P. It has a body dia. of .319", is smooth sided (small gripping grooves can be added) and weighs 200 gr. using wheel weights and is flat based. If you want to tweak the dia. or weight on this mold then talk to Tom as it can usually be accomplished. I didn`t want to go thru the turmoil of a group buy for this mold as I have seen how they can go, sorry.Robert

Let us know how that works out for you. I have had miserable results using smooth sided boolits and smokeless powder, because I think the core is moving before the patch does. Much better results using designs with little micro grooves to hold the paper in place. But if you get good accuracy with this one, I want to learn how to make it work!

-Nobade

In Remembrance

I just sent my order out this A.M. I had Tom put 4 spaced apart gripping grooves in the design for my ordered boolet. I do agree with the thought of the core moving under the patch as I have had "iffy"accuracy with smooth sided PP cores. Probably a month before I see a mold, will post here results of this "brain F**T" of an mold idea.Robert

Boolit Master
    Nice! Looking forward to hearing how this turns out as well.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    I just sent my order out this A.M. I had Tom put 4 spaced apart gripping grooves in the design for my ordered boolet. I do agree with the thought of the core moving under the patch as I have had "iffy"accuracy with smooth sided PP cores. Probably a month before I see a mold, will post here results of this "brain F**T" of an mold idea.Robert
    I had also been in conference with Hardline molds about them bringing out an 8mm Mauser Paper Patch mold. I haven`t heard from them for nearly 2 weeks after I was told that my mold idea was being referred to the design dept. for having a "print" made and forwarded to me.Robert

In Remembrance

Got an E-Mail from Derek at hardlineindustries.com telling me that they have added my 8mm paper patch mold to their online catalog. This design of mine is slightly different from the Accurate mold design. So now there are 2 slightly different 200 grain 8mm paper patch molds to select from. I have both on order currently. I will post results with both molds when I make some boolets and try them, weather permitting and my body letting me.Robert