Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this?

Boolit Master

What do you think of this?

Dick's sporting good has or maybe had by now, 22lr ammo. It is American Eagle (a Federal brand) and has their 38gr copper clad HP bullet. They were $2.49 a box around these parts. BUT: The box only has 40 rounds in it !!!!!!!!

I think that's at least a little decieving. I know people who bought some and did not know this.
    It's like going to the store and buying eggs and then finding out there is only 10 per carton not 12. 22 ammo has been sold in 50rd boxes for how long, a hundred years? What's worse is to think they spent the money to re-design the pakaging. Gimme a freekin break !!!!!!!!! :takinWizn em.

Frankly, I think it sucks and mentioned it in this thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-boxes-of-22rf

Boolit Master
    Maven, I posted this in another related thread and one reply said he thought American Eagle was always 40/400 box/brick. Personally I don't recall this to be the case. Can anybody varify this one way of another?

Motor

Boolit Bub
    Bought some from Palmetto (PSA) a couple years ago, or more.
    CCI MiniMags were on sale for $5.99/100 that summer.
    Anyway, yeah the American Eagles were 40/BOX 400/BRICK back then, priced accordingly.
    I guess this was maybe 2010? ***K?
    I think I have a brick left in the safe, I'll check for a price when I'm home this weekend.

Boolit Master
    Oh well, maybe I jumped the gun (oh bad pun).

I did get a 100 pack of CCI MiniMags at Cabela's for $8.99 The Gander MTN had them for $7.99 but I was a couple hours too late. Cabela's had a 1 box (100rds) limit.

Motor

In Remembrance
    DICKS could have pallets of them stacked to the ceiling, and I would never know it, if it wasn't mentioned here. Even then I still wouldn't care at any price.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    DICKS could have pallets of them stacked to the ceiling, and I would never know it, if it wasn't mentioned here. Even then I still wouldn't care at any price.
    I know what you mean. I honestly forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Motor

Boolit Bub
    We live in an age of 12 oz packages of bacon.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Motor View Post
    Dick's sporting good has or maybe had by now, 22lr ammo. It is American Eagle (a Federal brand) and has their 38gr copper clad HP bullet. They were $2.49 a box around these parts. BUT: The box only has 40 rounds in it !!!!!!!!

I think that's at least a little decieving. I know people who bought some and did not know this.
    It's like going to the store and buying eggs and then finding out there is only 10 per carton not 12. 22 ammo has been sold in 50rd boxes for how long, a hundred years? What's worse is to think they spent the money to re-design the pakaging. Gimme a freekin break !!!!!!!!! :takinWizn em.
    American Eagle 22 LR in a red and blue box were always 40 rds per box and 400 per brick, started buying them that way about 15 years ago, 8 or 9 dollars a brick then.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Agreed! I won't even go in to one of their stores.

Boolit Buddy
    At .06 a round that is currently not such a bad deal anyway.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Merick View Post
    We live in an age of 12 oz packages of bacon.
    That's something worth being PO'd about! And the PRICE! Seriously.
    As a side note who cares about dick's?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    And half gallon containers of orange juice that only have 59 oz. in them.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Gosh this has been going on for decades. So long as the quantity is printed on the package, it's not the manufacturers fault if we're too dumb to read it. I won't be buying rimfire ammo again but my kids might.

"At .06 a round that is currently not such a bad deal anyway."

Yeah it is. We are just becoming accustomed to
    outrageous pricing because of even higher prices a few months ago.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    I say we can load 9mm for that.
    regards,

That price isn't too bad. I was buying them from my lgs before this mess started for about $23 a brick. Turns out they have been selling them in the 400 round bricks for a long time. I don't really care about a hp in a 22 so I tried to make sure that I was getting the solids in the 500 round pack.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Apparently a few have forgotten Dick's taking the AR's off the shelves in a knee jerk reaction to the Newtown shooting,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Apparently a few have forgotten Dick's taking the AR's off the shelves in a knee jerk reaction to the Newtown shooting,,,,,,,
    They didn't just take them off the shelves THE FIRST DAY, but they cancelled anybodys order for them also. They were in a BEEG hurry to cave. They are a much better tennis shoe store than gun store, but they are not the only place that sells tennis shoes either.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I haven't forgotten, and I won't forgive. I'll NEVER set foot in Dick's Sporting Goods again.

In Remembrance
    Quite a few years ago before everything downsized for the same price I ran into one that just wasn't right.

It used to be that we could party till 2 in the morning in Texas, cross the bridge and keep partying till the bars opened back up in Texas.
    It was probably my 3rd or 4th visit to lowsiana before I noticed the beer can felt different, yep got to looking it was 10 ounces instead of 12. That there just wasn't right to be taking advantage of folks while in an advanced inebreated state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast