WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: I would donate this many servicable condition No 4 .303" rifles and ship them.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.41%

0 0%

1 2.70%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 13.51%
  • pie

29 78.38%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would you donate a No. 4 .303" rifle to the Canadian Rangers?

In Remembrance
    By golly I want you to know I tried, I called everybody I know that might know where we might get enough enfields to arm the canadian army. For some reason they laughed at me, you aren't pulling our leg are you. geesh.

Boolit Bub
    59 rifles have now been volunteered for service w/ the Canadian Rangers. Cast Boolits is in 3rd place.

I'll be happy to provide links if a moderator will post up that it's ok. If you search for backbencher on a couple of other gun forums you'll find me, unless you stumble across a Member of Parliament, which I'm not.

I'm not pulling anybody's leg. You can read the links - they're legit. I asked a question. 2 people here have answered, and 5 people on other forums have volunteered 9 rifles apiece. IF 500 rifles are volunteered, I'll ask for pictures - of all 500. IF we receive 500 pictures of rifles in serviceable condition, THEN we ask the Rangers if they're interested. IF they are interested, THEN we negotiate. IF we agree, THEN we ship them 500 No. 4s and they put them into service. That's an awful lot of IF/THEN statements.

Banned

Where are my hip waders????

Andy

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Where are my hip waders????

Andy
    Stored in a safe place with my credibility and my willingness to fund Gov't beyond the exorbitant taxes they seize from me at gunpoint?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

This dude is located in Texas, and wishes to ship firearms all the way to Canada, wishes U.S. collectors to donate them for free, likely wishes us to donate monies for shipping charges and brokerage fees to get them across the boarder.

This fellow needs serious help!

Here is what a "backbencher" is

Backbencher

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    "Backbench" redirects here. For other uses, see Backbench (disambiguation).
    For the New Zealand television show, see Back Benches.
    In Westminster parliamentary systems, a backbencher is a Member of Parliament (MP) or a legislator who holds no governmental office and is not a frontbench spokesperson in the Opposition, being instead simply a member of the "rank and file".
    The term dates from 1855.[1] A backbencher may be a new parliamentary member yet to receive high office, a senior figure dropped from government or someone who for whatever reason is not chosen to sit either in the ministry or the opposition Shadow Ministry. By extension, a backbencher is not a reliable supporter of all of their party's goals and policies.
    In most parliamentary systems, backbenchers individually do not have much power to influence government policy. However, they may play a role in providing services to their constituents and in relaying the opinions of their constituents. Some backbenchers also sit on parliamentary committees, where legislation is considered in more detail than there is time for on the floor of the House and, thereby, provide valuable input into the legislative process. In addition, since backbenchers generally form the vast majority of the number of MPs, collectively they can sometimes exercise considerable power especially in cases where the policies of the government are unpopular or when a governing party is internally split.
    In some legislative assemblies, sitting at the back of the chamber is not necessarily associated with having a minor role. In Switzerland, senior figures sit in the back rows in order to have a better overview and be closer to the doors for discussions outside the plenary. In Germany, the faction leaders sit in the front row, but there are no designated places for other senior figures. Originally, the importance of the front rows for the leaders had also to do with the fact that acoustics were often unsatisfactory before microphones were introduced.
    The term "backbencher" has also been adopted outside of parliamentary systems, such as the United States Congress. While legislative branches in presidential systems do not share the firm front bench/back bench dichotomy of the Westminster system, the term has been used to denote junior legislators, or legislators who are not part of party leadership within a legislative body.[2]
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

From another forum a member has done some research and Colt Canada is gearing up to produce NEW bolt actions in .308 caliber for these Rangers.

Now then, why does someone wish to ship old outdated arms to the North??????????????????????????????????
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Is this a joke? I live in the USA, State of Arizona. Why would I want to send these guys one of my firearms? They don't serve my interests.

Boolit Master

Forget showing the rifles, how about showing your export license.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Buddy
    Nor do they protect my interests. I think this is either a scam or a gullibility test.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

I half expect to see a gofund me link pop up here.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

I donate enough to the government. I sure as heck aint gonna give something to my government let alone a foreign one.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Whut dat smell?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Backbencher, how many are you donating, what is your connection to the Canadian rangers, and what are you doing to further the shooting sports in THIS country? Seriously.

And what's up with identifying on another forum that you are in Kuwait?
    Last edited by Hamish; 10-22-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Someone mentioned that COlt Canada is developing a 308 rifle. So my Safequeen The Bubbette is going back into her tower with her chopped barrel and collapsible stock and bubba scope mount until a real Prince Charming shows up at her door with a new CRITERION barrel...

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy
    who the hell would give thier guns to the government of a foriegn country? and pay for shipping? hell no! i think we should be trying to get them to send us the few they have left. id like one.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Backbencher, how many are you donating, what is your connection to the Canadian rangers, and what are you doing to further the shooting sports in THIS country? Seriously.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/167...ge=1#i49974429] "I don't have a No 4, so I chose pie. I've got no skin in the game."

Boolit Master
    i am not going to go into is it a scam or a test or any of that. I will just answer the op question. NO

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4640a56c-927b-48f4-8170-05cd2137f6fa-620.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	119885

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Its a conspiracy,,,,,,,do away with wooden guns altogether,,,,,,

http://www.feinsteinproject.org
    Last edited by Hamish; 10-22-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

And what's up with identifying on another forum that you are in Kuwait?
    I don't own a No. 4 rifle, so @ this time I'm clicking Pie in the poll. If 500 rifles are volunteered, I suppose I'll have to go buy one & chuck it in the pot.

I have no connection to the Canadian Rangers.

I have been running this project for almost 2 years now: http://www.FeinsteinProject.org. So far, we have a working AR stock made of plastic bricks and glue. Here it is on my 870, running 24 rounds of 3" 00 buck: http://www.feinsteingewehrwerke.com/...4rnds003in.3gp

I was deployed to Kuwait for much of 2013. Much nicer weather than Iraq - no chance of rockets.

Colt Canada has received a tender from the Canadian Government to submit a .308" rifle for the requirement. They have failed to do so in the past, b/c evidently they asked to build a license-built Ruger, and Ruger told them to pound sand. IF 500 rifles are volunteered, I imagine the Rangers might be interested in sticking with their existing platform. Perhaps not. We'll see.

I don't have an export license. I'm not asking anyone to ship me their rifles. If 500 rifles are volunteered, AND we come to satisfactory terms with the Rangers & Canadian gov't, then we would seek a US exporter, and you would ship your rifles to them.

I am pleased to report that Cast Boolits is now in 2nd place with 20 rifles subscribed, out of a total of 84.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast