Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: I would donate this many servicable condition No 4 .303" rifles and ship them.

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.41%

0 0%

1 2.70%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

5 13.51%
  • pie

29 78.38%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would you donate a No. 4 .303" rifle to the Canadian Rangers?

Boolit Master
    I will do it when PIGS fly around my house ten times
    Frank G.

In Remembrance
    Will an 870 and home cast buckshot work on them flying pigs, or do I need to start looking for a different gun??? Maybe a 10 gauge double. lol

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Does flying bacon taste better than regular bacon? I think we have a right to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I would be willing to help, too!
    However, to comply with Colorado law, I would also have to provide my FFL's address and license.
    Whenever Gov't needs us to fund its operation, there is a scam somewhere in there.
    Can I just collect all of these? If I can't transfer them easily, then maybe I could just keep them. Wouldn't that be sweet?
    I can see the thread now,

"Mrs. Brass demands these rifles out of her living room"

I think I could find the funds for shipping and ffl on something like that.

But seriously Brass, you do great things on this forrum.

Boolit Master
    It doesn't work that way. Once a contract is bid, the government can't back out and accept free stuff from private citizens. Send the rifles if you want to but the Rangers will have to arm themselves with whatever the government buys. Everything you send will probably be scrapped.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Bub
    As far as I'm aware, the contract has not been bid yet. If we have conclusive evidence the Rangers are committed to another rifle, the project will be dropped. If we get to 500 rifles before a contract is signed, we'll contact the Rangers and ask if they're interested. 92 rifles volunteered. Cast Boolits still in 2nd place.

Boolit Master
    Contact them now so they have a chance to sell the idea to whoever is responsible. The Rangers probably don't have the authority to accept gifts of that nature without approval. Its hard to do favors for a gov't agency.

Boolit Bub
    Not going to contact them until there's so much interest on our side that we have something to contact them about.

"Hey, I have a couple of internet polls that say some folks want to give you 92 rifles." vs "Here are 500 rifles, w/ serial numbers and pictures. Would you be interested?" If they're not interested, no harm, no foul, and we'll have an interesting photographic survey of 500 No.4 rifles, by serial number. If we don't get to 500 in the polls, then no harm, no foul. I asked a question, and it was answered.

Boolit Master
    This Is a very sad Joke. Asking the american Gun owners to send and donate . Maybe they will take Bows & Arrows
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

In Remembrance
    I have to question why we need or want an interesting photographic survey of 500 rifles and serial numbers. I am now questioning your motive with these shenanagins.

Boolit Buddy

As has been said above, Canada made a lot of these during the war at their Long Branch arsenal, and they are considered to be of better quality than the British ones. Canada still has a lot of privately owned rifles. A news report today about the Ottawa attacks said Canadian actually own more long guns per capita than do Americans. So, if the Eskimo Scouts really want them, I'm sure they can be found there. As for weaponry needing to be produced there, I'm dubious. Canadian cops and military also need handguns and I'm sure they go elsewhere to find them.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I have to question why we need or want an interesting photographic survey of 500 rifles and serial numbers. I am now questioning your motive with these shenanagins.
    What motive are you questioning? What shenanigans are you talking about? It's an internet poll asking a question. IF 500 rifles are volunteered, then I ask for photographic evidence that those rifles are in existence, and in good condition. Then we have something to go ask the Rangers about. If they're interested, then we proceed. If not, then nothing - you have pretty pictures of 500 No. 4 rifles on the web. How is that shenanigans?

In Remembrance
    Let's just say your mind apparently works different than mine. And don't leave out you originally said pictures complete with serial numbers.

To be truthful, the way my mind works, I wouldn't send you a picture of my old double barrel rubber band gun.

Boolit Master

id bet the odds that anyone has and is willing to donate 10 rifles is beyond slim to none. whoever picked anything higher than PIE on your poll is messing with you!!!!!!!!!! the whole premise of this is far fetched enough to be called rediculous.

Seriously? This is such a waste of our time it is a joke,. Mods should not only close this thread, but delete it! Canada does not protect the United States. As we see today, they can't protect themselves.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I believe the gentleman is reminding our members to be justly cautious in turning over their rifles to a relatively unknown person that joined this forum 9 days ago and has, outside of this thread, a mere 10 posts to date. A person with no known affiliation to the Canadian Rangers, no bona fides to speak of, no plan or authority to make the donation, in an undertaking of dubious legality. A "give me the rifles first" plan based exclusively on placing trust in you might be deemed by this community with a just sense of incredulity.

To say my enthusiasm would be tempered with prudence is an understatement. Fortunately there's no need because if it's really that important Canada can buy whatever the hell it wants, and I wouldn't donate one thimble of "give a ****."

I of course can not speak for the gentleman, so please regard my post as mere opinion.
    Last edited by fatnhappy; 10-22-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Seriously? This is such a waste of our time it is a joke,. Mods should not only close this thread, but delete it! Canada does not protect the United States. As we see today, they can't protect themselves.
    Are you serious???

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    I believe the gentleman is reminding our members to be justly cautious in turning over their rifles to a relatively unknown person that joined this forum 9 days ago and has, outside of this thread, a mere 10 posts to date. A person with no known affiliation to the Canadian Rangers, no bona fides to speak of, no plan or authority to make the donation in an undertaking of dubious legality. A "give me the rifles first" plan based exclusively on placing trust in you might be deemed by this community with a just sense of incredulity.

To say my enthusiasm would be tempered with prudence is an understatement. Fortunately there's no need because Canada can buy whatever the hell it wants if it's really that important, and I wouldn't donate one thimble of "give a ****."

I of course can not speak for the gentleman, so please regard my post as mere opinion.
    That's fair enough. I'm new here. There's a poll running on another website that has the approval of the mods there, and there was a poll on another website, of which I'm a long time member, that was locked by a moderator. I'm not asking that anyone ship any rifles to me, nor would I. I'm not trying to make money off of this, nor do I see how one could. There's no relationship w/ the Rangers b/c I don't have one, and until there's an awful lot of pictures, there's nothing to talk to them about.

Canada CAN buy their own weapons. The question is will they do so in a timely manner? And once they do so, the No. 4 will be taken out of service in North America forever. Through our charitable efforts, we MIGHT be able to keep the No. 4 in useful service.

Until we get to 500 volunteered rifles, this is just an interesting poll.

If we get there, absolutely I would ask for bona fides in the form of pictures, to include serial numbers. B/c if I were to go the Rangers, they would ask for bona fides. And given that other than pride in maintaining the No. 4 in service all we get is publicity, the only way we get publicity is through easily accessible evidence that the offer is real.

If you don't want to donate your No. 4 rifle, that's perfectly understandable. I don't have one to donate, but if we get to 499 I suppose I'll have to go buy one. As for questionable legality, I wasn't planning on not jumping through all the ITAR hoops, any of which might block the project - and leave your No. 4 in your safe.

Boolit Master
    Assuming it's legit, I still would give the Canucks a heads-up. By the time you collect enough donors to make your offer it might be too late. Let them know what you're trying to do or the response might be something like, "You could have told us six months ago, eh? F-all we can do aboot it now."

Boolit Master

so your asking people to donate something that you yourself dont have to donate? imo, now you really have no credibility.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast