RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: 8208XBR in an 06 ?

Boolit Master

8208XBR in an 06 ?

Anyone try 8208 for cast loads in the 06 ?
    Trying to get away from the fast pistol powders.
    Failure is not an Option

Boolit Master
    No reason it wouldn't,I was going to get some for the 303 but they had sold out,I got AR2219 instead,H322 in the states,30grns under a NOE316299 gives 1920fps. Pat

Boolit Master
    Thanks
    Any idea where to start for a starting load ?
    Using a 202GC NOE
    Failure is not an Option

Boolit Grand Master

I've used it extensively in shorter cases including the 223, 22-250, 308 cartridge family. Haven't tried it with cast but can't see why it wouldn't work well at more than sneeze loads. Sneeze loads I dot think it would be the right choice.

I strongly suggest hitting the ADI reloading powder web site. They have load data AND an equivalency chart for non-ADI powders. ADI is Australian so they use different designations (names) for ADI powders but a call to Hodgdon I made they said that for the H and IMR powders the ADI data was accurate. They had the ADI manual in the office to check.

ADI makes powders for Hodgdon/IMR (including 8208) and has some load data for bullets that H and IMR have not tested with. The suggestion for cast bullet Hodgdon gave was use 60% of max as start load. Multiply Max by .6 to get start.

The equivalency chart is interesting in that it shows US powders from multiple manufactures giving alternatives to some scarce popular powders. http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handlo...quivalents.asp

I was thinking of using 8208 xbr for 303 so I did some digging on it. One thing I found was 8208 was designed to provide port pressure required for assorted military auto loaders. To use one powder in different weapons they needed a pressure curve between two existing powders.

Hopefully that equivalency chart and the load data available from the top menu on that page will give you some solid load data you can use. My quick look showed for 30-06 Springfield it listed 8208 up to 168 gr. bullets. But do your own look see, I'm an idiot sometimes, wife and sister both agree.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 12-17-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added results of own lookup