Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for carrying rifle loads to the range beside those plastic cartridge boxes?

Boolit Bub
    I shoot mostly .30 carbine and .223 for an AR no real load development needed but I carrly my ammo to the range in a pair of old WW! grenade vests that i had webbing sown to to form an H harness and a bag sown to the belt between the two vests in back for a range bag.East vest has 11 pockets and each pocket will hold 4 10rnd stripper clips of .223,5 10rnd stripper clips of .30 carbine or 3 15rnd carbine mags.I slip into the harness at the range and leaves my hands free for carrying rifles spotting scope etc etc

Boolit Buddy

ammo

Everybody uses cool whip on apple pie I just use a lot of it my ammo goes in the cool whip containers.

Beagle333. It means "motoring rite along"

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Moderator Emeritus

If it is bulk ammo for blasting I go for the smaller 30 cal ammo cans

For my hand loads I use the little plastic flip boxes. If I order something I pad it out with a bunch of those, especially if they are on sale. I need to toss some baggies in the range bag for brass though.

Boolit Master
    I use the 50 and 100 round mtm boxes with the new hinge design. I have close to 120 ammo boxes... all full of something.

Boolit Master
    part 2.... a long time ago I was doing load development and dropped a cheap ammo box on the line and all my loads(5 different) scattered every where.

Boolit Master

Never found anything that works as well as an MTM box. One caveat, it MUST MUST MUST have a real hinge. I'd rather have cartridges loose in my pocket than use a living hinge box ever again.

I buy them like some guys buy AR magazines. When at the store, buy one or two. Midway or brownells order, buy one or two. They don't add any cost to the order, but after a year I have enough to hold a couple thousand rounds.

They stack nicely on a shelf too, and segregate hunting ammo from range ammo, from bullet A from boolit B, C, and D....

I load by the hundred or couple hundreds though. If I loaded by the thousand or thousands, I'd probably use 50 cal cans and ziplocks too.

Boolit Master
    I still have some of the older live hinge type boxes. so far they are still holding up. but I do love the new boxes with the real hinge. it opens... and stays open.

Boolit Bub
    I have purchased quite a few of the Berrys bullet boxes, they aren't hinged like the MTM however they are holding up very well & pretty cheap, free shipping with $75 or more. They have a lifetime guarantee, not sure how to make a claim.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

my feedback thread;
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=dieselrealtor

Boolit Master
    the shipping costs more than the box you send back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12