RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate molds: WOW!!!

Boolit Master

Accurate molds: WOW!!!

I don't even have my grubby hands on my new mold yet, but have nothing but high praise for Tom and Accurate Molds. I've emailed back and forth with him over the weekend (notice: how many companies would even bother to look at an email over the weekend, much less answer it). He tweaked an already cataloged mold for me and then using the same design added 50 more grains to it. Tom was awesome to talk with, more than helpful, and very patient with someone that doesn't really know beans from bull on bullet design. He did the two designs and added them to the catalog yesterday. I ordered the mold last night, I'm sure long after he had gone to bed as it was late here. Just an hour or so ago I get an email from Accurate stating my mold was on its way. WOW is all I can say. From all I have read about them I am sure I'll be as happy with the actual mold as I have been with the excellent treatment I have received so far.

Someone remind me why I get in on group buys??????

I hear ya. If money allows, I'm using Accurate from here out. Top quality. NOE is right there too!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

In Remembrance
    I got my first accurate mold with the purchase of a 35 whelen rifle from ColColt. I have not cast it yet, but ColColt did. He sent the cast boolits to me. The boolits look as good as the mold. The mold itself is a thing of beauty to look at. OLD SCHOOL quality of workmanship. I feel comfortable in saying you will be very pleased with your new mold. Happy casting. Be safe.

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Tom is a good man to deal with. My first Accurate mould is still brand-new and taunting me from my workbench, haven't even snagged a set of handles out of the closet yet. Swede quite often answers e-mails on weekends as well, come to think of it I have a new mould from him sitting on my bench as well. Thanks to these guys this is an awesome time to be a boolit caster.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I love the one I have, but one reason I have done group buys is that he doesn't offer sizes smaller than 30 caliber, nor does he offer hollow points or true spire points or round noses. His molds must have a meplat.

I was out of town for work when I submitted a Cad file of a (2) new designs late in the evening he replied with a catalog number and the next AM I ordered my mold. The finished mold beat me home; it came the same week I ordered it. Another mold I decided to change it from aluminum to brass, I knew I had to act quickly or it would be completed.
    Whenver I get my new Accurate Molds I stay up all night casting.

Boolit Master

Wish he could add .22 , .24 , and .25 cal.'s to the lineup. We could use him to fill in some of the gaps in those cal.'s
    Last edited by square butte; 10-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    Tom's molds and service is the top. I have ordered two molds from Tom - so far...........

Boolit Master
    Another WOW! Went to the PO today and my accurate mold was there waiting on me. I can't believe the turn around time on this. Mold looks to be VERY well made. Handles are on it now and tomorrow it will be throwing boolits. A BIG thanks to Tom at Accurate. You will have my business from now on!!!

Mine arrived the other day. 3 weeks from first contact till I was casting with it and 2 of those weeks were taken up with shipping. Excellent communication, top flight mould workmanship and fast turnaround time. As square butte said, if only he could add the under 30's-----
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Boolit Master
    I have several quick service gullet drop size and weight ordered based on the alloy listed.

Boolit Buddy
    Tom at Accurate is a first-class person to deal with and he makes a fantastic mould. I have a Swiss Vetterli (basically unfired condition) that has been in my collection for about 50 years (my first rifle; cheaper than a BB gun back then)....Converted to CF and armed with an Accurate mould in brass 2-cavity made to my exact bore/throat of .436 I now have a super fun-to-shoot 1878 rifle that can be fired accurately all day with smokless or BP only because Tom at Accurate made me the exact mould that I needed and it was made quickly at a very reasonable price.

Boolit Grand Master
    we are definitely living in the good old days with all the quality custom mold makers these days.
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

with tom at accurate molds , and swede at Noe bullet molds , i can get anything i need , and better than lyman rcbs or saeco , these guys offer molds in the thickness i want for any gun i could want .314 diam for sks . 180 grain boolits etc. and if in stock not a group buy ,... fast shipping .
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm with babbob454 --these ARE the good old days when it comes to boolit casting. Between Al, Tom, and Miha, who say's you can't always get what you want.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    we are definitely living in the good old days with all the quality custom mold makers these days.
    Amen my brother! With the technology available and the craftsmen willing and able to use it this is indeed a good time to be a boolit caster. Nice to have this site to hang around to facilitate learning how to use them as well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

In concert (thank you!) with your words, I emailed Tom re a mould for my .32 REM; the short of it is he made a suggestion, which I took -- ordered a 32-185L in cast iron on October 25th. Yesterday, 10 calendar days later, it was delivered. Upon opening the box I thought the words of English poet who wrote, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever", and surely this mould is a beauty! This very afternoon I wish to put it to the test and cast a couple of hundred boolits -- and wished to share my joy re this mould -- and Accurate -- now. I, too, will no doubt be directing my future new-mould purchases to Tom.
    BEST!
    georgerkahn

It was on this very forum that I first read about Accurate Molds, and even though I am on another continent, I received my mold from Tom just 3 weeks after ordering. And as georgerkah, I too was just at a loss for words when I first opened the package, and today still after many thousands of perfect boolits, it is still one of my favorite molds.

Boolit Buddy
    Isn't it odd that good mold makers are waxing, while lead supply is waning?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    The next generation will look back and wish they could have had the opportunity to have gotten such great moulds like Accurate, Mihec, NOE and others, just like we wished we wished we could have gotten classic H&G, Hoch and early Lyman moulds.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast