WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Marks On My Brass Help!

Boolit Buddy

A towel, the oven, or throw them in the polisher works for me.

Boolit Buddy

hehehe..................................
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    I rinse in luke warm water put them on a towel to drain and start to dry,then put them on a second towel to finish drying no spots. tried putting them in a oven at lowest tem 250 degrees ,they all turned kind of a of colored brown so I quit trying to dry in oven

Boolit Master

This works at my place. My well water comes from the Texas Trinity Aquifer and is really hard and nasty. Not pleasantly potable even after being softened. I use the Thumler Model B high speed in two stages. Stage one uses cold tap water, Dawn and LemiShine. Stage two uses tap water, LemiShine and Armorall Wash & Wax.

A thorough rinse in the same tap water, roll in a heavy towel, then the brass goes into my oven at 170F for 20 minutes. The brilliant shine used to fade after a few days with the slow appearance of blotches of darker color. The Armorall stopped all that.

Boolit Master

Towel dry first. Then in the food dehydrator. Easy peasy.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

On a towel in the sun in the warmer months. Towel is on an expanded metal rack so it airs out also. In winter, when I dump the brass and media out of my concrete mixer, I throw the brass back in with several old towels and t-shirts.
    To much work, not enough time for guns.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    This works at my place. My well water comes from the Texas Trinity Aquifer and is really hard and nasty. Not pleasantly potable even after being softened. I use the Thumler Model B high speed in two stages. Stage one uses cold tap water, Dawn and LemiShine. Stage two uses tap water, LemiShine and Armorall Wash & Wax.

A thorough rinse in the same tap water, roll in a heavy towel, then the brass goes into my oven at 170F for 20 minutes. The brilliant shine used to fade after a few days with the slow appearance of blotches of darker color. The Armorall stopped all that.
    I am going to try the armor all wash and wax. I wonder if that little wax would actually lube the cases? Sure would be nice when reloading pistol rounds on my dillon 650. Rifle stuff i size then wash.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I am going to try the armor all wash and wax. I wonder if that little wax would actually lube the cases? Sure would be nice when reloading pistol rounds on my dillon 650. Rifle stuff i size then wash.
    Bardo, I find the wax to be undetectable, except for the lasting shine. It appears to survive the trip through the carbide sizer on the Dillon 550B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12