WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newby find, and a hello to you guys!

Banned

3 duds? You either have a real batch of bad primers or, more likely, they are not seated deeply enough.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys!,
    I am using the 9mm Lee Classic hand loader kit, but then I made tooling to use it with my 3 axis drill press instead of hitting the tools with a hammer. It might be easier buying a "standard" reloading setup, but I like to make my own tooling. So far I am keeping a good tolerance of +- .005 which seems to be better then the ammo out of the factory box. I also made a quick "go/nogo" gauge at 1.155/1.145 for quick check after seating the nose.

I ran a box of Berry 124grn FMJ RN with no issues, but still getting slight shaving with the cast noses. The cast ones do measure .357 so I guess I could make a sizer and push them thru that, or like you all suggest flair the case a tad more.

Thanks for the help guys!

Gerry

Boolit Master
    i'd size them anyway.

that makes you 100% sure that they are the right size....might reduce the shaving too.

also these 9mm case headspace off the case mouth ...
    so even if the primer is seated deep enough, it may not fire due to the shell case being too short.

it seems to me that factory ammo cases are already at the minimum of saami specs to begin with,
    and having any variances at all at the factory will produce a few longer than normal brass...and a few shorter than normal.

check every thing ...make 100% sure of everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12