RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

View Poll Results: Ebola thread ? our town or the pit ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it should be in our town for all to see and read

46 63.89%
  • Keep it in the pit

10 13.89%
  • I liked the thread and was following it closely

7 9.72%
  • The thread is a wast of time

9 12.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBOLA thread Should it be here or in the pit POLL

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    A valid point but why is Wikipedia not considered a valid source? Because anyone can post anything there.
    The same weakness can be seen here. I've seen arguments continue for dozens of pages, with inaccurate information tossed around by experts until finally a definitive answer is formulated... most of the time. Sometimes the result amounts to nothing more than 'believe whatever you need to as long as you get the results you want.'
    So far we have less than six confirmed cases and one death. As I said on another thread, if you live in Africa you have a much better chance of catching it. If you catch it in Africa you have at least a 75% chance of dying from it. But in this country Ebola thus far is the least lethal disease of all.
    Its here and it's deadly but it is not time to quit my job, barricade myself in the bunker and start shooting family members who get sick, as other Castboolits members have advised.
    Verify first. Panic only when all other options have been exhausted.
    Why ever panic, I really don't see it as an option. Yes, some people here have advocated what I consider stupid actions. Sometimes so obviously stupid I ignore them. Sometimes I correct them and start arguments. That is why you have to get to know the posters so you can understand their weaknesses and bias.

Like I said elsewhere, I see Ebola preparations as similar to my preseason Hurricane preparations. Be prepared and monitor. Act and react as appropriate to developing conditions, info and communication are a top priority. Have a plan but be prepared to improvise. Right now I think the medical community is going to keep the lid on Ebola the bumbling by the Federal Government aside.

I don't believe there is a deliberate conspiracy to cause widespread infection of Ebola in the U.S.

I don't believe the current cases were deliberate or were for political reasons.

I do believe we should quarantine travel to and from the infected areas. Not stop travel just put conservative safeguards in place. It would be good practice because this will not be that last time we need to protect against an infectious disease from foreign countries.

Tim

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    JSnover, if you don't want to see all the news articles, don't click on the ebola thread. Simple really.

I can post info on how many infected. There is a member over at tb2k that is monitoring and running a thread on that data so folks can see. But I am going to post it on the ebola thread.

Link to post with the info.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post2972842

Hope this helps you and other out.

It was current as of yesterday morning. He is gone for the weekend but will update late tomorrow. You are welcome to go to the thread at tb2k to see any new cases being posted to that thread by tb2k members.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ola-Head-Count
    Last edited by Wise Owl; 10-18-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Banned

No one ever said don't have a thread. It is axiomatic that people should just ignore threads but many resort to whining.

Boolit Master
    Like any other disaster, real or imagined, it can be hard to look away...
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

By now I know how to protect myself and what to look for. I would like to monitor the number of confirmed cases and Ebola deaths in North America. Other than that, I really don't need more Ebola news. It only seems to encourage hysteria.
    Agreed, the sky is not falling.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Agreed, the sky is not falling.
    I disagree. We don't know yet.
    Now we are at day 21. By day 42 we should know.
    Keep watching, keep counting, keep projecting the trend, keep planning countermeasures.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I disagree. We don't know yet.
    Now we are at day 21. By day 42 we should know.
    Keep watching, keep counting, keep projecting the trend, keep planning countermeasures.
    At the present the sky is not falling.

More people have been killed by drunk drivers in the last 24 hours and little more has been done about them.
    More people have been killed by cancer in the last 24 hours.
    More people have been killed by heart attacks in the last 24 hours.
    More people have been killed by any other cause in the last 24 hours.

So tell me all about all these countermeasures.

I repeat, the sky is not falling.

In Remembrance
    Other than that, I really don't need more Ebola news. It only seems to encourage hysteria.
    Well then. . . why in the hell do you keep reading this thread?

And if it's qualifications and vetting that is needed to establish credibility, and therefore some inferred "right" to cast an opinion on a subject being discussed, then the next time I or any other vets or cops who have discharged our firearms in anger and/or in defense of life, we'll be sure and vet all others who offer their opinion about such matters but who have exactly zero experience or "qualifications" to present themselves as a "credible, vetted source."

It's a DISCUSSION FORUM for crying out loud. If you don't like the (expletive deleted) topic of discussion, then ignore the damned thing and move on.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post

And if it's qualifications and vetting that is needed to establish credibility, and therefore some inferred "right" to cast an opinion on a subject being discussed, then the next time I or any other vets or cops who have discharged our firearms in anger and/or in defense of life, we'll be sure and vet all others who offer their opinion about such matters but who have exactly zero experience or "qualifications" to present themselves as a "credible, vetted source."

It's a DISCUSSION FORUM for crying out loud. If you don't like the (expletive deleted) topic of discussion, then ignore the damned thing and move on.

Couldn't have summed it any better. This is an Internet forum. I can't believe someone is asking for credentials. Give me a minute. I will go create a new user account and pretend I have them. See how easy that is

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post

^
    Perfect post

Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    ^
    Perfect post
    We.ve now reached perfection????????????????????

Amazing

I will add this however.

Any of you out there notice how many people spit these days in public.

That will work out well with this disease.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Latch View Post
    This is a site devoted to casting bullets.

It is somewhere very close to dead-last on the list of places any sane person would hunt for information on Ebola.

Well said.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Boolit Master
    If the Ebola thread were in the pit it would draw the worst of the conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork.
    Theories would range from (fill in blank with Aliens, Jews, Illuminata, big Pharma) introducing the disease to Ebola does not exist period with youtube links to "prove" that or any other theory. All the supposed Ebola victims and medical and police being crisis actors.

Moderator Emeritus

Panic? No, try to get people to look ahead at a possible pandemic and make sure they prepare? Yes. How many here have 3-6 months of food and water on hand? It is not paranoid to be ready and the shelf stable foods last 25 years if not opened so it is not like your stash is going to spoil anytime soon. How many have we seen on TV begging for the government to come in and help them? To many and that is something people here need to think about. And do you TRUST our government to do what is right or to play political games?

Banned

It is somewhere very close to dead-last on the list of places any sane person would hunt for information on Ebola.

The original perfect post.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post

The original perfect post.
    This is a site where real families can find information on many other subjects besides BOOLITS.

There are over 40 pages to answer almost every question about GUNS, BOOLITS and a whole lot more.

Not all of us grew up using a puter in grammar school.

I was loooong out of school before the first puter was made available to you.

I needed a lot of help just getting beautiful GIRTY'S picture for you to enjoy.

Having this in "OUR TOWN" allows many other folks the opportunity to learn something about this life threatening subject.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Banned

How about fake families?
    I made it through graduate school with a typewriter. The advent of the computer was a good thing. Wish they had them when I was going to school. I never said don't have this or that thread. I think it is great to have a thread discussing the efficacy of hand sanitizer.

Love Life
    I don't always open threads that I have no interest in, but when I do, I complain about them.

Said in a cheesy accent mimicking the most interesting man in the world.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I don't always open threads that I have no interest in, but when I do, I complain about them.

Said in a cheesy accent mimicking the most interesting man in the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast