Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: Ebola thread ? our town or the pit ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it should be in our town for all to see and read

46 63.89%
  • Keep it in the pit

10 13.89%
  • I liked the thread and was following it closely

7 9.72%
  • The thread is a wast of time

9 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBOLA thread Should it be here or in the pit POLL

Boolit Master

EBOLA thread Should it be here or in the pit POLL

The Ebola thread was here in our town and has been moved to the PIT.
    The thread was to keep people informed of the dangers and the spreading of this deadly outbreak now in the U.S.

Some people have gone through great pains and spent a lot of time trying to benefit cast bullet members and keep them informed of not only daily, but hourly occurrences. Not for there benefit, but for yours.

For some unknown to me reason it has been moved.

I think it should be up front and any and all information helpful to saving even one life should be available to all and not buried in the pit.

how do you feel ??
    Last edited by gray wolf; 10-16-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

Tried to make this not a public poll but didn't find an option to do that. If a mod knows how to make it a non public poll, please do so.
    Comments are still welcome even if you don't vote.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master

I believe the lnformational aspect of this thread should be in Our Town. Members here just need to keep their political views to the thread running in the pit, first posted by Artful. I understand certain members avoid the pit and its politics, so the posting in our town should pertain to information and accrued knowledge.
    Thanks Wise Owl for starting that thread.

Just shows how ill prepared those who get paid big $$ to make decisions are when the SHTF. Idiots in charge.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    The thread was oriented primarily to information and to links to other sources and was helpful. Delete or move and admonish those posting overtly political comments if necessary but the issue is to important to be buried in the pit where many can't read it.

Now I need to venture into the Pit to find it.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    The thread was oriented primarily to information and to links to other sources and was helpful. Delete or move and admonish those posting overtly political comments if necessary but the issue is to important to be buried in the pit where many can't read it.

Now I need to venture into the Pit to find it.
    THIS. Some people feel the need to grind their political axes on every rock they find, but that shouldn't be allowed to turn a public service announcement into a topic for the pit. BRING IT BACK, please.

Gear

Banned

Rather than wasting time clearing out posts, why not start a new non-political Ebola thread to discuss sanitation, protective gear, and hotspots. Due to the inherent political basis of the Ebola virus in the United States I wrongly assumed that the thread was in the pit in the first place.

Love Life
    The ebola thread should be here. If anybody posts political stuff in it give them some demerits or something.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Janoosh View Post
    I believe the lnformational aspect of this thread should be in Our Town. Members here just need to keep their political views to the thread running in the pit, first posted by Artful. I understand certain members avoid the pit and its politics, so the posting in our town should pertain to information and accrued knowledge.
    Thanks Wise Owl for starting that thread.
    This is what I believe also.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Just shows how ill prepared those who get paid big $$ to make decisions are when the SHTF. Idiots in charge.
    What does this have to do with the question asked in the poll?

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    Rather than wasting time clearing out posts, why not start a new non-political Ebola thread to discuss sanitation, protective gear, and hotspots. Due to the inherent political basis of the Ebola virus in the United States I wrongly assumed that the thread was in the pit in the first place.
    Because someone will hijack that thread too and off to the pit it will go unless the mods warn the people who hijack threads to layoff.

Tim

Boolit Grand Master

It's in Our Town at the moment.

OK I did some deleting and the thread is back in our town. Keep the political junk out there's a time and place for it and this isn't it also wear your tin hats in the pit not here. steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Master
    There were two Ebola threads and I gave up on both of them. Even without the political rants, they just seemed like a competition to see who could the scariest scenarios.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    There were two Ebola threads and I gave up on both of them. Even without the political rants, they just seemed like a competition to see who could the scariest scenarios.

Yep.

I don't see them as a public service. I have little fear - virtually none - for Ebola.

I fear scared people in large numbers. I believe the thread served to stir up the latter more than it helps ward off the former. I may be wrong, and don't intend to argue it here. My opinion is stated, and I have little else to say on the matter.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by C. Latch View Post
    Yep.

I don't see them as a public service. I have little fear - virtually none - for Ebola.

I fear scared people in large numbers. I believe the thread served to stir up the latter more than it helps ward off the former. I may be wrong, and don't intend to argue it here. My opinion is stated, and I have little else to say on the matter.
    Agreed!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Moderator Emeritus

Keep it here so people stay informed. It is hard ot not be somewhat political when talking about the CDC and FAA and the person who oversees both of them aka Obama. But stick to news not personal opinions!
    Last edited by MaryB; 10-16-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typing with finger brace =mistakes!

I voted, it belongs here. It's too important to be regulated to the pit. I feel it's important enough to be cleaned up if nessary to keep it up here for all members to view.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad it's back, I don't go to the pit. Folks need to know what's going on. This is a serious matter but mass hysteria among uninformed people could be worse.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Latch View Post
    Yep.

Well, neither one of you have a dog in this fight at the moment, so you can afford to sit back and convince us how brave and non-worried you are.

When you have grandkids in the same school that some of the quarantined medical staffers who cared for Duncan have their kids, please feel free to pipe back up and tell us all about how it's a non-event and people are just trying to scare each other.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast